• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Worth noting that Dragon Fantasy had a new trophy list with a plat show up a while back. The list also indicated a new chapter for this version of the game.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Pass on both of them. Spent quite a bit this month and really only plan on going after Vita games I really want at this stage. Wake me up when Super Meat Boy is available.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
I'm not sure I quite understand the Glittermitten / Frog Fractions 2 game.
I grasped that Frog Fractions 2 was an educational game to learn fractions, but is Glittermitten Grove a real game ? I have never heard of it. It is labeled "RIP" on the box.. why ?
The two games are coming together, but is there any actual link between them ?

It just feels like a reaaally obscure private joke when you don't know these games ^^"

Last edited:

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I'm not sure I quite understand the Glittermitten / Frog Fractions 2 game.
I grasped that Frog Fractions 2 was an educational game to learn fractions, but is Glittermitten Grove a real game ? I have never heard of it. It is labeled "RIP" on the box.. why ?
The two games are coming together, but is there any actual link between them ?

It just feels like a reaaally obscure inside joke when you don't know these games ^^"

Neither the original Frog Fractions or Frag Fractions 2 are educational games that teach fractions. Here is the history:

Frog Fractions releases as a free browser game. Looks like an educational game on the surface but is actually a spoof of such games and is a missile defense style game with crazy upgrades. it becomes hugely popular because of how surprising it is. Frog Fractions 2 is demanded so a kickstarter is made and successfully funded. Development goes quiet. Eventually an Alternate Reality Game appears in several other indie games. No one knows what its for. Glittermitten Grove, an actual kids game, releases on steam without much attention. A few weeks later the ARG is completed by players revealing that Frog Fractions 2 has already been released and is hidden somewhere within Glittermitten Grove. People find Frog Fractions 2 in Glittermitten Grove. Its a graphical text adventure with minigames.

To this day the only way to buy and play Frog Fractions 2 is through Glittermitten Grove.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
When you trade tickets in you can reserve a game after it's announced? Does that include collectors editions?

Chas Hodges

Nov 7, 2017
Just checked my Asendia tracking on a whim and seen that my two hold orders which were released around 6 weeks ago are finally on home soil here in the UK. Almost a thousand dollars worth of games that date back to about February 2018. Excited!

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I just got one of my old holds. My Everspace soundtrack has one of the CDs bouncing around in the case, what should I do?
Any other retailer and I'd complain because that could be damaged and opening it would void returns. But I'm guessing LRG may not have replacements? And I should just check it for damage and then complain?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think these pictures have been shared here, so there you go:

D2Jqm_IVYAAuRf7.jpg

D2Jqm_JU0AAfFQR.jpg

From LRG Forums.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Yeah, the original twitter post was posted here before with those pics.
That's why figured this game was the "secret game".

SigmaCloud

May 8, 2018
Last year I bought 2064 Read Only Memories from LRG and haven't gotten around to playing it. I was planning on playing it soon, but I started reading that the downloadable Vita version crashes too often. Anyone know if this is an issue with the physical release?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Was Koihime Enbu shipped? I saw some guy on twitter howing a lrg copy, so I'm curious if that alongside kof 97 are on the way

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I hope the japanese release includes english so we don't need LRG. Amazon jp is way faster (for EU people) and around the same price, if not cheaper anyway.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Neither the original Frog Fractions or Frag Fractions 2 are educational games that teach fractions. Here is the history:

Frog Fractions releases as a free browser game. Looks like an educational game on the surface but is actually a spoof of such games and is a missile defense style game with crazy upgrades. it becomes hugely popular because of how surprising it is. Frog Fractions 2 is demanded so a kickstarter is made and successfully funded. Development goes quiet. Eventually an Alternate Reality Game appears in several other indie games. No one knows what its for. Glittermitten Grove, an actual kids game, releases on steam without much attention. A few weeks later the ARG is completed by players revealing that Frog Fractions 2 has already been released and is hidden somewhere within Glittermitten Grove. People find Frog Fractions 2 in Glittermitten Grove. Its a graphical text adventure with minigames.

To this day the only way to buy and play Frog Fractions 2 is through Glittermitten Grove.

Wow, thanks for the explanation ! It's a pretty crazy story (although I'll pass on the actual game, lol)

You're remininding me I haven't finished the game. Spent hours on it, mapped a LOT of worlds. I went considerably further without using a Wiki than for La Mulana 1, but I need to buckle my belt and finish it like a grownup ! (even if I need to use the wiki this time).
I really hope I can get it on the Switch. I completed the first one on Vita but Switch is an upgrade.

EvilGizmo

Nov 14, 2017
I just got one of my old holds. My Everspace soundtrack has one of the CDs bouncing around in the case, what should I do?
Any other retailer and I'd complain because that could be damaged and opening it would void returns. But I'm guessing LRG may not have replacements? And I should just check it for damage and then complain?

Open it and see if it's damaged, if it is shoot us a support ticket with a picture of the damage and we'll look into replacement options.
We might have a couple left for replacements, but I'm not positive.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Fantasy (PS4) 2300 copies.
Dragon Fantasy (Vita) 2000 copies.
Forma 8 (PS4) 1800 copies.
Forma 8 (Vita) 2000 copies.

25USD each.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Unless next week has something (or anything at all) that catches my eye, nothing till Nurses for me.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Oh so you're going to use the myUS system ?
I won't, it's too complicated. I'll just become pickier ^^

I've received a huge shipment from LRG yesterday ! It relieves me.
Everything is in order. Only slight problem is I haven't the Super Hydorah card, I received a Sundered card instead. Bah !
Bonus : I have 40 reward tickets to use now, yeah :D

Chas Hodges

Nov 7, 2017

Everything is in order. Only slight problem is I haven't the Super Hydorah card, I received a Sundered card instead. Bah !
I'm not sold on the new system at all as a UK resident.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017

no, i said $65 because i assume with it being degica that it'll be $50 and then there's the $15 shipping fee on top

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Forgot to be online at 7 (and can't do 3pm). I would've bought both Dragon Fantasy's, but I won't pay international shipping for a single terrible PS4 RPG. Seeing that it's still well in stock, maybe it'll be there next week.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Made a combine request on March 19th, before the hold shipment service was cancelled, and I've still to get it processed by LRG. Opened a ticket and got a reply within minutes saying that they still have a couple hundred requests to clear out and that it shouldn't be much longer.