• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
We've heard your feedback and added a purchase limit on Fata Morgana on Vita.

Thank you!

I can agree that I would be happier if it was 1. But 2 is understandable - people ordering another for a friend, SO, etc. isn't unfair. So I can be pleased with this much.

now to feel anxiety over it for the next week, and then either be fine or feel the pain, possibly twice...

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017

Finally.

The CE looks beautiful as well:
MockUp_CE_Banner_TheHouseinFataMorgana_PSVITA_900x.png

This is one of those rare moments where I feel like getting the standard and colletors edition for BOTH versions.

Last edited:

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you!

I can agree that I would be happier if it was 1. But 2 is understandable - people ordering another for a friend, SO, etc. isn't unfair. So I can be pleased with this much.

now to feel anxiety over it for the next week, and then either be fine or feel the pain, possibly twice...
Omg, 31st is gonna be an intense day. Seriously want both of those.

Same feelings for me. Anxious about actually getting them, also I haven't ordered anything from LRG since September 2018, so hopefully order flow is smooth and I won't run into any hiccups.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've only bought 2 things - Deemo and Musync. I think the former was very casually done and the latter was a regular preorder, and both were a good while ago regardless. So... I at least have a login, but no real experience with the rush.

Gonna have to be realistic with myself about the chances of failure, I guess.

Oct 26, 2017
I've only bought 2 things - Deemo and Musync. I think the former was very casually done and the latter was a regular preorder, and both were a good while ago regardless. So... I at least have a login, but no real experience with the rush.

Gonna have to be realistic with myself about the chances of failure, I guess.
Honestly, I've never had an issue of missing a game that I REALLY wanted. A few tips:
  • if needed, log into your preferred payment method (PayPal, Amazon, etc) before the games go on sale
  • Be ready at the ordained time; 7:00 AM pacific (10:00 AM eastern) and 3:00 PM pacific (6:00 PM eastern)
  • Refreshing the main LRG page is usually faster than refreshing the product page in order to save valuable seconds.
  • Know that most gun for the LE versions first. So if you can be satisfied with the standard copy, don't waste time on the LEs.
Some people use multiple browser tabs and that may be a viable option. I've always just used mobile Safari with one tab on my iPhone and never had an issue. As long as you're prepared and ready you should have a problem in those first few minutes that sales open.

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
I've bought Deemo, Broken Age, 2064: Read Only Memories, VA-11 HALL-A, and Golf Story. I need to make sure I wake up on time for sure. I'm not sure if I should try for all I'm interested in during the morning batch, or split it between the morning and afternoon batches.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
When you cash in your tickets for a game do they allow you to reserve an upcoming game or is it only a coupon code to use on the day you want to buy something?

Oct 26, 2017
When you cash in your tickets for a game do they allow you to reserve an upcoming game or is it only a coupon code to use on the day you want to buy something?

Does anyone know how fast LRG customer service is with issuing the codes? I've never sentinel's my tickets. If I was able to get them in the mail today, do you think I'd receive the $25 coupon code before 5/31 so I could use it on Fata Morgana?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how fast LRG customer service is with issuing the codes? I've never sentinel's my tickets. If I was able to get them in the mail today, do you think I'd receive the $25 coupon code before 5/31 so I could use it on Fata Morgana?

It depends on a multitude of factors, specially how long does a letter take to arrive from your address to LRG's.

mr lurtle

Oct 27, 2017
You can also use the tickets to reserve games. This is the mail I got after sending in my tickets:

"Do you have games in mind for an upcoming release? We have a few options.

1. We can situate an order outside the normal run and have you purchase the shipping fees for your game to be sent out as soon as possible.

2. If you're buying other games during the sale, we can add your game into that order for no additional shipping fees or add it to any unfulfilled order placed January 1st or after. Please note that combined orders are removed from the regular manifest and will be shipped shortly after the first batches of the run and all items are out of production.

3. I can provide you with a discount code of $24.99 (I recommend this option if you are able to snag it on release days!). "

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
They received mine after 5 business days I believe. I sent it just through the regular mail with a couple stamps.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Nurse Love Syndrome LE took several days to sell out.
But then again that was Nurse Love Syndrome and very expensive (so is this one mind you)

I think the SE will sell out quicker either way.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I've never had an issue of missing a game that I REALLY wanted. A few tips:
  • if needed, log into your preferred payment method (PayPal, Amazon, etc) before the games go on sale
  • Be ready at the ordained time; 7:00 AM pacific (10:00 AM eastern) and 3:00 PM pacific (6:00 PM eastern)
  • Refreshing the main LRG page is usually faster than refreshing the product page in order to save valuable seconds.
  • Know that most gun for the LE versions first. So if you can be satisfied with the standard copy, don't waste time on the LEs.
Some people use multiple browser tabs and that may be a viable option. I've always just used mobile Safari with one tab on my iPhone and never had an issue. As long as you're prepared and ready you should have a problem in those first few minutes that sales open.

All noted, thanks! I might actually use this Friday as a dry run, without actually buying anything? Just want to know where everything I'm gonna need to click is...

And I'd honestly prefer to use my phone as well; had good luck with it for event tickets and such. But I'm stuck on an older one currently and it's has weird issues with Safari, so... laptop it is.

EDIT:

So, to be clear, are you suggesting the express checkout using PayPal? I guess I used their Shopify thing before since it immediately sent a quick access code to my phone for that when I went to see what their checkout page is like; feels like that may not actually be faster though...

EDIT2: Actually it's even weirder than that- when I'm on the main page on (Mac) Safari and click on an item, it pops up with adding to cart but also Buy It Now, which took me to the Shopify checkout page. Meanwhile in Chrome, I immediately get Paypal as the other option instead. So Chrome it is, I guess...?

Last edited:

gpn

Oct 27, 2017
I might be interested in that A-Train game, but LRG doesn't have much info, and all I can find is a one minute trailer that's pretty vague. What kind of game is it? Is it like a train conductor simulator like I've seen for 3DS? What's the PSVR functionality? Is it worth getting just for PSVR?

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I might be interested in that A-Train game, but LRG doesn't have much info, and all I can find is a one minute trailer that's pretty vague. What kind of game is it? Is it like a train conductor simulator like I've seen for 3DS? What's the PSVR functionality? Is it worth getting just for PSVR?
It's a long-running railroad building and management sim by Artdink,

Gematsu has a good overview of the PS4 version in this post:
https://gematsu.com/2017/09/train-express-first-details-screenshots

I believe the VR mode is more of a small extra feature. It appears to be limited to a model viewer mode where you can look at dioramas. Here's a short video of that mode on PSVR:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for that! Not what I was thinking it was though.

Yeah, the best way to think of A-Train is Transport Tycoon meets SimCity. Basically you're trying to grow a city by planning out its transportation infrastructure--laying train lines, figuring out bus routes, connecting industry to shipping so goods can flow, etc. It's definitely not a train-DRIVING sim, and sadly the VR mode doesn't have a train's-eye-view mode (which is weird, because A-Train 3DS did, and it was rudimentary but otherwise lovely).

It's based on A-Train 9 for the PC, so you can also get a sense from its Steam page and various YouTube videos.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a PAX variant copy of Rabi-Ribi in my cart, and when I went to check out, it was already gone. Holy crap, that was FAST! @_@

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I also missed it too. You would think they would at least post something on twitter

They did yesterday apparently. I don't really use Twitter, but usually someone on here mentions any kind of announcement, which is why I'm surprised no one did for a heads up. They must have added it to the front page like, an hour before it went up or something.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
And it was sorta buried down in the e-mail too.

I really love the PAX cover for this game so if anyone wants to make some bucks flipping one please send a PM. I've also got lots of LRG stuff to trade.

10% of the whole stock of 300 is already on eBay right now... Trying to negotiate (with terrorists) on a more fair pricing. I HAAAAAATE paying above MSRP on anything :( I love how they show their receipts on only paying $35 after tax+shipping for them. Thanks dudes.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
10% of the whole stock of 300 is already on eBay right now... Trying to negotiate (with terrorists) on a more fair pricing. I HAAAAAATE paying above MSRP on anything :( I love how they show their receipts on only paying $35 after tax+shipping for them. Thanks dudes.

Yuck. As much as I hate using Ebay for stuff I NEED to sell, I can't imagine doing it on purpose by flipping.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i wonder if someone was to forward these listings onto someone like josh would these ebay listings magically end because their order got cancelled

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I signed on and started refreshing like crazy a min ago.... just in case there were cancels :( People giving in and getting them at full scalped pricing on eBay. It stinks...

Wish I could be on some list for possible extra copies for it...

EDIT: There was only THREE left on eBay since earlier today... I broke and bought one because it bothered me so much :/ I hate myself for having to pay 3 times the amount of it :( :(

Last edited:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
my Jak 3 and Lumines order shipped last night, guess who has Jak 1 and 2 in their held order that is being held back by celeste lol