• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
is the play-asia version of River City Girls on the free shipping thing they sometimes do? i know the games are the same price but free shipping versus $15 shipping is a no brainer really for me

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
is the play-asia version of River City Girls on the free shipping thing they sometimes do? i know the games are the same price but free shipping versus $15 shipping is a no brainer really for me
I will probably just order it with Turok 1+2 to save on shipping. I always have to pick my PA packages up from customs and that always makes me hesitate to order from them.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
LRG got back to me on my missing Bomb Chicken, and they're replacing it as a one time courtesy, but next time a package goes missing, I'll need proof of non-delivery. Which is totally fair, the package was like 2 months out and I had no evidence at all that it went missing (tracking said it was delivered)

I can't believe it, I was ready to just take the loss. That was so cool of them!

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
LRG got back to me on my missing Bomb Chicken, and they're replacing it as a one time courtesy, but next time a package goes missing, I'll need proof of non-delivery. Which is totally fair, the package was like 2 months out and I had no evidence at all that it went missing (tracking said it was delivered)

I can't believe it, I was ready to just take the loss. That was so cool of them!

What would be proof of non-delivery for something that was shown as delivered?

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Gah, I know I managed to track down a lost package that was randomly sitting in a post office across town that's in no way related to me. The staff there didn't care in the slightest when I went in. I can't see the post ever caring that something was lost.

Edit: This sounds like an insurance issue. And this sounds 100% like something a sender needs to deal with. The workflow for such a problem should be something like: Receiver doesn't get package, he complains to sender. Sender complains to shipper and collects insurace refund, if shipper requires more proof, they contact the receiver for verification. The receiver doesn't know the associated parties, and shouldn't have the burden of sorting it all out, that's the least efficient way to go about it.

Last edited:

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I complained recently because my carrier wasn't knocking or ringing the bell. He'd put a note "sorry we missed you!" in the mailbox and be on his way.. and I work from home.

After I complained he showed up on my porch during dinner one night and yelled at me about it. I had to put in another call to the PO that I considered him a threat and if anything else like that happened I'd be calling the police. Fucking crazy.

Dude's still my carrier though.

EvilGizmo

Nov 14, 2017
Gah, I know I managed to track down a lost package that was randomly sitting in a post office across town that's in no way related to me. The staff there didn't care in the slightest when I went in. I can't see the post ever caring that something was lost.

Edit: This sounds like an insurance issue. And this sounds 100% like something a sender needs to deal with. The workflow for such a problem should be something like: Receiver doesn't get package, he complains to sender. Sender complains to shipper and collects insurace refund, if shipper requires more proof, they contact the receiver for verification. The receiver doesn't know the associated parties, and shouldn't have the burden of sorting it all out, that's the least efficient way to go about it.

It's more that mail theft is a serious issue. If something was correctly delivered a police report needs to be filed, but the sender can't do that, only the customer can. If it wasn't correctly delivered USPS can issue a statement saying as much since they have gps location tied to the delivery scan update.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017

If a package's tracking number shows delivered, it's not the seller's responsibility to follow up. The seller and carrier would have done their part in sending and delivering the product. Whether that package was stolen, or it was delivered to the wrong address, the recipient would need to follow up with the carrier and/or law enforcement.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017

Happy for you, but anytime I had a package lost in the mail it was up to the seller to do a trace, not the buyer.

If a package's tracking number shows delivered, it's not the seller's responsibility to follow up. The seller and carrier would have done their part in sending and delivering the product. Whether that package was stolen, or it was delivered to the wrong address, the recipient would need to follow up with the carrier and/or law enforcement.

Ummm, no. The package was never delivered, just marked as that - I don't see how the carrier "done their part". Also any sort of customer service should be dealt with the company who shipped the item.

I've had a fair share of items lost over the years unfortunately, and every time the seller did a trace on it - that should never be passed onto the buyer.

So, I ship you something and it gets lost so i'm like, "well you better trace it yourself, good luck". That would be lazy as f- and not acceptable service IMO.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Happy for you, but anytime I had a package lost in the mail it was up to the seller to do a trace, not the buyer.

Ummm, no. The package was never delivered, just marked as that - I don't see how the carrier "done their part". Also any sort of customer service should be dealt with the company who shipped the item.

I've had a fair share of items lost over the years unfortunately, and every time the seller did a trace on it - that should never be passed onto the buyer.

So, I ship you something and it gets lost so i'm like, "well you better trace it yourself, good luck". That would be lazy as f- and not acceptable service IMO.

You're confusing responsibility and customer service. A seller/company would have policy/guidelines in place to handle such occurrences, including but not limited to customers inquiring about a possible stolen product. For most companies, they'll replace or refund the cost of the item so as to make good relations with their consumers. And some would just go "sorry, you're SOL".

In this instance, he did state that the game was marked as delivered. According to the carrier, that is a delivered item, whether it actually was or wasn't. If the tracking shows that it was never delivered, the buyer can then contact the seller about it and the seller would then file an insurance claim on the item. This is why LRG is asking for either a police report (item was stolen) or proof of non-delivery.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
You're confusing responsibility and customer service. A seller/company would have policy/guidelines in place to handle such occurrences, including but not limited to customers inquiring about a possible stolen product. For most companies, they'll replace or refund the cost of the item so as to make good relations with their consumers. And some would just go "sorry, you're SOL".

In this instance, he did state that the game was marked as delivered. According to the carrier, that is a delivered item, whether it actually was or wasn't. If the tracking shows that it was never delivered, the buyer can then contact the seller about it and the seller would then file an insurance claim on the item. This is why LRG is asking for either a police report (item was stolen) or proof of non-delivery.

You're certainly right about the responsibility vs customer service part - although i'm, not confused about it. I only mentioned about customer service in my post and what I think should be done by a respectable company.

I don't want to derail this, so whatever the case is, i'm just happy that ned_ballad got the issue solved :)

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Thought again about River City Girls and think I will pass on this LRG release and just buy Turok 1+2 later this week.

I will just buy the Asian/Japanese release later on if it's good enough. Also, there will probably be DLC (the devs said they are looking into it) so who knows if there will be a complete edition later on.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
OH GREAT, 2 GAMES I NEED TO GET WHILE ON A TRIP TO PAX >_> (Plz don't fail me internet...)

Luminous-Avenger-iX-LRG_08-23-19_001.jpg

Luminous-Avenger-iX-LRG_08-23-19_002.jpg

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to put on a waiting list if there cancel or overstock somewhere ? miss a game during my vacation

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
You gotta be kidding me... both Revenant Dogmas are ALSO next week. The silver lining is that the Gunvolt LEs are NOT limited, and appear to be open pre-orders.

...did it have to be during PAX? >_>

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017

You gotta be kidding me... both Revenant Dogmas are ALSO next week. The silver lining is that the Gunvolt LEs are NOT limited, and appear to be open pre-orders.

...did it have to be during PAX? >_>

Yeah, the 30th is going to be an expensive day for sure. I held off on Turok incase there was something to bundle the games with, to save in shipping, but hoped there wouldn't be. Thanks Kemco! Well here we go.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised no one's posted this yet:

Nice setup. Also, I found this interesting from WayForward themselves:

That's a hell of a turn over time, not counting the recent Vita releases. They're really gunning for Play-Asia, aren't they? My only question left for LimitedRunGames is if the Best Buy edition of RCG is getting the CD soundtrack as well?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised no one's posted this yet:

Nice setup. Also, I found this interesting from WayForward themselves:

That's a hell of a turn over time, not counting the recent Vita releases. They're really gunning for Play-Asia, aren't they? My only question left for LimitedRunGames is if the Best Buy edition of RCG is getting the CD soundtrack as well?

with switch stuff they've been doing pre-orders since the start so they probably have a really good idea of what number of copies they can have printed ahead of time, plus there's also bestbuy putting in advanced pre-orders

they probably also have an idea at how annoying nintendo collectors get when they expect their games to ship out like an amazon order instead of reading the FAQ on the site and discovering they won't get them until months later

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Man did Limited Run ship much of anything in August? I feel like I had a lot of things that were listed to ship out this month and now we're at the end of the month and none of them have.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
I need a few protective cases from LR. Is it stupid to try to add them to my order while trying to snag a River City CE?

Also, does anyone know what size RIver City is?

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Is there any chance Limited Run will be capable of doing a physical copy of Hellblade? There are many games on Switch I would love to get physical but I doubt they'll ever do it, but maybe someone can tell me I'm wrong?

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Hotline Miami Collection
Original Doom Trilogy
Cuphead
Ori & The Blind Forest

Is this in any way possible?

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Hellblade maybe? I don't see why it wouldn't be possible but that's up to the publisher probably (which looks like it was NT themselves?)

Doom idk, personally I feel it's unlikely but you never know.

Hotline Miami I would be surprised if it didn't pop up from someone, not necessarily LRG, since I know Devolver has had physicals for their other games.

I think Cuphead physical is possible, but they're going to wait for the DLC to drop for that to happen.

Ori I don't see happening if it doesn't happen right away, though I'd like to see it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any chance Limited Run will be capable of doing a physical copy of Hellblade? There are many games on Switch I would love to get physical but I doubt they'll ever do it, but maybe someone can tell me I'm wrong?

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Hotline Miami Collection
Original Doom Trilogy
Cuphead
Ori & The Blind Forest

Is this in any way possible?

Hotline Miami is getting done by Special Reserve Games.