• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Amusingly I opened my copy a few weeks ago because it had been a year and I assumed the update was never coming. Played it, enjoyed it but hated that you couldn't finish it, then sold it.

And now it gets updated...
Trophies are still glitched and survivor mode is unbeatable apparently but at least you can finish the main game.

FnordChan

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Beautiful Chapel Hill, NC
Thank you for coming, waiting patiently in line, and being a fan (and then after all of that, doing this huge write-up for the folks here)! We had a great time, and we are also blown away by the success of the event. This has really left us smiling.

I'm glad to hear everything went well and that the pop up shop was a big success. Thanks again for putting on a great event - I hope you guys will be able to do something similar again next year!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair, the pre-orders go live this friday and I'm assuming it won't go into production for another month. So if it does ship with a bug like this on the disc, that would be an incredibly bad look for everyone involved.

It's already live, but it's an open pre-order for a bit. Here's hoping. I should've got the Switch version but didn't know if I really wanted it at the time or not.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Someone talk me into or out of buying Blasphemous please (PS4 specifically). I thought it was another 2D Dark Souls wannabe but it seems like it actually has more in common with the DS castlevania games, which is pretty awesome to me. But then I read a buncha comments about cheap deaths, floaty controls, tons of forced backtracking (due to poor fast travel) and painfully obtuse sidequest goals.

Apparently the devs have a few (free?) DLCs coming up, thanks to their kickstarter stretchgoals. So obviously this won't be on the disc.

I still haven't given Hollow Knight a fair shake yet, so should I just pass on Blasphemous until it's fully patched anyway?

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got VA-11 HALL-A + 2064 Collector's Edition Dual Pack (Switch) and Fu'un Super Combo Classic Edition (PS4) this morning. Figured there would be mad rush on one or both of these, but as of right now everything is still available on their site, so guessing either plenty of copies or just overshadowed by all the Black Friday insanity?

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Snagged a copy of the PS4 VA-11 HALL-A Collector's Edition and PS4 2064 Collector's Edition Game Box.

Nice!

Last edited:

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Someone talk me into or out of buying Blasphemous please (PS4 specifically). I thought it was another 2D Dark Souls wannabe but it seems like it actually has more in common with the DS castlevania games, which is pretty awesome to me. But then I read a buncha comments about cheap deaths, floaty controls, tons of forced backtracking (due to poor fast travel) and painfully obtuse sidequest goals.

Apparently the devs have a few (free?) DLCs coming up, thanks to their kickstarter stretchgoals. So obviously this won't be on the disc.

I still haven't given Hollow Knight a fair shake yet, so should I just pass on Blasphemous until it's fully patched anyway?
Well I tried the demo on Steam when it was available and didn't like it. It felt kinda unfinished and didn't like the controls. It was just a demo so the final game could be really good obviously but there's so many indie-metroidvanias out there and too many of them where disappointing to me even though they got praised a lot.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Well I tried the demo on Steam when it was available and didn't like it. It felt kinda unfinished and didn't like the controls. It was just a demo so the final game could be really good obviously but there's so many indie-metroidvanias out there and too many of them where disappointing to me even though they got praised a lot.

Yeah. I'm going to pass on this game, let the DLC and stability patches come out instead of getting a half-baked disc.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's probably because it's Black Friday. I'm just glad I managed to snag a copy of Fu'un Super Combo.

It's funny cause I actually shut off my alarm today. I'm soooo thrown off by this week that I thought that I had just left my work alarm on >_> To my surprise, 2 hours later and it was still up, so yay! Don't need to worry about the second batch now.

yes06kin

Jun 15, 2018
Glad I was able to scoop the collectors edition for Va11 Ha11A. With this, my shopping for the weekend is completed!

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Oh wow, there are still Va-11 Hall-A CEs left. Only planned on getting the game but if they're still there by the time I get home from work I'll grab a CE.

Do they ship posters rolled up?

Might be a silly question but my only other experience with posters is from fangamer's hollow knight one and they sent that folded inside the game case.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, there are still Va-11 Hall-A CEs left. Only planned on getting the game but if they're still there by the time I get home from work I'll grab a CE.

Do they ship posters rolled up?

Might be a silly question but my only other experience with posters is from fangamer's hollow knight one and they sent that folded inside the game case.

the email last night says this, so i guess they finally are starting to roll up posters

Since VA-11 HALL-A & 2064: Read Only Memories exist in the same universe, their CE's link up magnetically to form panoramic art (and there's even an extended art piece on the inside of the folded covers).

If you purchase both CEs, either bundled or as separate SKUs, you'll receive a free rolled poster containing the gatefold art from the connected Collector's Editions.

LimitedRunGames

Verified
Nov 2, 2017
We are putting Nomada's critical patch on disc! We've already been in touch with them and they are on the path towards putting out the patch already, and since GRIS has a long pre-order window it shouldn't be a problem.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Alien: Isolation is not only a magnificent game, but also an astonishing port job on the Switch. And, somehow, there is no retail release. This is a crime against art and humanity if I ever saw one.

Oh, if only a resourceful company known for releasing limited runs of big titles would step in.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So I finally called Nintendo CS and got all of the gold coins that I was unable to get from LRG, and some other smaller companies. Took about 30 mins for them to get through 13 titles, but hey more to spend now!

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Alien: Isolation is not only a magnificent game, but also an astonishing port job on the Switch. And, somehow, there is no retail release. This is a crime against art and humanity if I ever saw one.

Oh, if only a resourceful company known for releasing limited runs of big titles would step in.

the game's over 16GB, so there's mo way that's happening unless a company ends up being bold enough to let the users download the puny 1GB leftover of a full 16 GB cart instead of making a 32GB version that's super expensive. I'd buy it in that case and I have no knowledge of the aliens IP whatsoever but still would get it for the nifty port they did

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i had a dream last night that LRG announced a DJmax Respect physical but there were 2 bundles, one with all the dlc on disc for $150 or the game for $60 and dlc disc bundles and now i'm questioning myself if i'd actually buy the $150 game

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Man I regret buying Divinity Original Sin II for the PS4. Copies of first game are rare, so I thought the second would be more so. Guess I'll have to double dip.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Eh? Not really, there are multiple physical versions you can already buy for dirt cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if with some leg work you could buy every physical version for what a Switch port would cost. PS360 for $5 each and XBPS4 for $10 each sounds doable.

Nah I'm a collector and a huge Switch fan so there's no replacement for a physical Switch copy except exactly that. But I hear you, I already own it on PS4 and PC lol.