• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
It's a shame if the ESRB model, which is supposed to be a way to inform and protect customers, end up being a bottleneck for small publishers. There is no justification for their hefty fees. Frankly it should be a few hundred bucks and basta, not thousands...

Has anyone received Torchlight 2 from Indiebox? I'm not sure if it's even shipped yet.

Also, rest in peace IndieBox :(
I haven't, but I do have received a full refund for the remaining months of my subscription so I'm fine.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
We did get an American code, did we? And since it's a PS4 theme you can easily use those on your Euro PS4 too.

That's what I did. Create an US account on your PS4 (if you don't have one already) and make the PS4 the primary console for that account. DL the theme and then use it on your EU main account.
I was also lucky and did not have to pay any customs (Germany here).

Sabreman

Oct 30, 2017
My physical copy of Undertale finally arrived from Fangamer, and thought I'd share my experience.

Delivery was extremely slow, received a hefty customs charge due to their inaccurate packaging, and European customers did not receive promised digital content (and no compensation offered). Unlikely to buy from them again unless I was truly desperate.

Yep, I got caught by customs to the tune of £21.00 (Collector's Edition plus regular copy).

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Canada here. I received mine quickly, no customs fee, and got my digital content emailed to me the day the package shipped.

Check your email for "redemption code for the UNDERTALE Dynamic Theme".

Everything was in perfect condition. Music box is amazing, soundtrack comes with sheet music, and the game's manual is a little golden book homage.

You're lucky. Myself and every other Canadian I saw who bought it got a 21$ customs charge.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Well, to be fair, the customs charges ARE a well known thing with Fangamer. In every topic talking about the Undertale release, it was made very clear fees had to be anticipated.
I got hit by them as expected, but it came as no surprise so I'm not mad at all. The packaging was great, the game is great. No regret ^^

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know customs charges were a practically sure thing with fangamer, guess I got lucky to not pay any customs for Undertale (Belgium here).

It Was the first time I bought from fangamer and I honestly had a better experience than with limited run game. Shipping cost were less expensive and the carton package was of better quality than the bubble wrap envelope that limited run games use.

OP
OP
GodzillaDB

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
LRG's special cover variant for "Absolver" (PS4) should be live right now!

Last edited:

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Thank gawd this OT exists. I was afraid of having to check GAF again.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone not had their PS4 Skullgirls ship yet? Mine was ordered with Volume and I still haven't gotten a tracking number yet.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Has anyone not had their PS4 Skullgirls ship yet? Mine was ordered with Volume and I still haven't gotten a tracking number yet.

Mine hasn't shipped out yet either, but i'm thinking that might be because I asked for Volume to be sent out with my held order (before I knew Skullgirls was going to be ready) and that was delayed because of the Ys issues. For me possibly they're just going to send it out with that order now but I have no idea, the order still shows as partially fulfilled.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Did Absolver sell out as quickly as Shadow Warrior? I wanted to buy a copy but missed it today.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
It started a few minutes late and then took about 10 minutes to sell out
thanks, that's actually not that bad for a 1000 unit run.

Hey all. Has there been any news about the Fata Morgana localization? As in, is it happening?
Doug from LRG met with the creator of Fata Morgana during Anime Expo and seemed happy about how things went. A Gaffer who helped to set up the meeting cautioned that nothing had been decided yet and that a localization would take significant time. There have been vague hints since then but no confirmation as far as I know.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
thanks, that's actually not that bad for a 1000 unit run.

Doug from LRG met with the creator of Fata Morgana during Anime Expo and seemed happy about how things went. A Gaffer who helped to set up the meeting cautioned that nothing had been decided yet and that a localization would take significant time. There have been vague hints since then but no confirmation as far as I know.
Ok so no real updates since I last saw, but vague hints. Thanks!

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
Man, the news about Ruiner bum me out :( I was so looking forward to a physical copy of that game.

Last edited:

Sabreman

Oct 30, 2017
My Ys Collector's Edition has finally started to move. Seems like years ago since I ordered it!

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Fangamer finally shipped Undertale. I actually forgot i ordered that game till I got a notice a couple weeks back that they would start deliveries the next week.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone waiting on their Skullgirls still, make sure to check your account. My order got a tracking number yesterday, but I didn't receive any email notification.

Goro Majima

Oct 29, 2017
From Limited Run I have only Wonderboy and Night Trap. Hope I will get Salt and Sanctuary and maybe Nex Machina.

Then I have Aragami from Signature Edition, Undertale from Fangamer and Guacamelee from Vblank.

Phillips455

Oct 31, 2017
Scotland

Well. This version will never hit Europe. Thankfully I have already pre ordered the Asia version for the switch.

I'm really disappointed in that Nicalis and LimitedRunGames are mainly the only 2 group's publishing switch games physically and they are both N.A. centric (or screw you rest of the world)

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Well. This version will never hit Europe. Thankfully I have already pre ordered the Asia version for the switch.

I'm really disappointed in that Nicalis and LimitedRunGames are mainly the only 2 group's publishing switch games physically and they are both N.A. centric (or screw you rest of the world)

signature edition are doing some switch games and their parent company (which i forget the name of) brought over binding of issac

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

It's the same with XSEED... it's simply due to being such small conpanies, that there is no branch in Europe to do physical printings. In the case of LRG, I don't even think they would be able to create a PAL title.

Some people take such offense to this (trust me, I've seen it a lot) and while some companies are questionable (Atlus, as they helped NISA publish physical titles, in both regions too, I believe), it's all about the company size and what they can even do. It's not that easy.

Phillips455

Oct 31, 2017
Scotland
It's the same with XSEED... it's simply due to being such small conpanies, that there is no branch in Europe to do physical printings. In the case of LRG, I don't even think they would be able to create a PAL title.

Some people take such offense to this (trust me, I've seen it a lot) and while some companies are questionable (Atlus, as they helped NISA publish physical titles, in both regions too, I believe), it's all about the company size and what they can even do. It's not that easy.

Honestly, it's really just Nicilas and Atlus attitude towards even releasing digital versions of their games here that makes me angry.

I prefer physical and that does mean higher prices but when they release a physical and digital version somewhere and don't even bother with either here...

Damn I've got some pent up anger over those 2.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Is it possible for you to post pictures? I got my shipping confirmation today, and am eager to get it.

Do you know of a good photo uploader? I've been wanting to find a good anonymous one, but got worried when on the Other Site, I found out there was a way to track IPs through the upload >_> Can't remember how/what the site was.

Honestly, it's really just Nicilas and Atlus attitude towards even releasing digital versions of their games here that makes me angry.

I prefer physical and that does mean higher prices but when they release a physical and digital version somewhere and don't even bother with either here...

Damn I've got some pent up anger over those 2.

Atlus like I said I totally get, but I've heard of complaints regarding Nicilas for a while, and wondering if they did bad PR considering EU, for why it's enraged people.

Last edited:

Yian

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What Atlus game skipped EU even digitally?

You can't deny they've gotten much better. Deep Silver is doing a good job so far getting their games out here.

Nicalis though is just shit

My biggest issue right now is with Aksys, after publishing a few games physically in EU they are now straight up refusing to answer any questions about future EU releases. No one knows what's happening to SGZH or Tokyo Xanadu ex

Oct 27, 2017
being someone who tried to buy night trap within the minute it went on sale, I'm still waiting on the scalper copies to drop even further in price
but I love how they're selling between $40-55 now. basically, after fees and shipping, they're making like $10 at most over the course of 3 months it takes to sell lol

and there have consistently been 3 pages worth of copies since the game shipped

not sure if I'm going to even try for nex machina..

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/926197659840536578

Even though today was frustrating at times, I was able to send a contract to a developer for a game we've wanted since day 1 for PS4/Vita!

When the company was set up, this was their wishlist:

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=812

TowerFall
Cosmic Star Heroine
Broken Age
Axiom Verge
Apotheon
Frozen Synapse Prime
Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Divekick
Race the Sun
Pier Solar
Don't Starve
Hotline Miami 2?
Rogue Legacy
Guacamelee
Transistor
Octodad
Mercenary Kings
Dragon Fantasy Book II
Dragon Fantasy Book I
Spelunky
Teslagrad
Bastion
Jamestown+
Hand of Fate
Titan Souls
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture
Galak-Z
Costume Quest 2
Hatoful Boyfriend

UPCOMING
Hyper Light Drifter
Magicka 2
The Escapists
Not A Hero
Energy Hook
Banner Saga?
Salt and Sanctuary
Night in the Woods
Broforce
Samurai Gunn
Screencheat
Enter the Gungeon
Armikrog
SteamWorld Heist
H-Hour
Invisible Inc.
Super Time Force Ultra
Chasm
Y2K
I Am Bread

Any guesses? :P

OP
OP
GodzillaDB

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
Thought I'd let everyone know that I'm currently in the process of revamping the opening post to be more balanced toward other distributors out in the wild. I'll eventually be trimming down the information on the Limited Run catalog and consolidating what I can into a single Google spreadsheet for an easier read beyond a wall-of-text. At the moment, I'm running into a few technical troubles with getting everything fleshed out so the roll out of the document will be a little slower than I'd prefer. I spoke with Dancrane212 over the past several days about blending our threads together and we agreed that it would best to have everything sheltered under a single roof. Based on the details, I believe his thread will be locked instead of merged (leaving it possibly to reopen in the future if necessary) and this thread should soon be renamed "Indie, Small & Region-Specific Retail Releases |OT| feat. Limited Run Games". I messaged an admin yesterday night so these adjustments should be made in the near future. Dan's spreadsheet, latest Twitter and opening remarks have been provided in the OP so all his resources are available right off the bad. Does the same post still appear overly disproportionate toward LRG? Yeah, I'm well aware of that aspect as I salvaged most content via copy-and-paste amidst the GAF migration. It'll gradually be altered with a showcase of other fellow distributors possibly with countdowns for their material if it doesn't appear too cluttered. I welcome every bit of constructive criticism so, please, let me know what I can do to make it a better, "one-stop" source for other fellow collectors on the Net!

Animekatt

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know of a good photo uploader? I've been wanting to find a good anonymous one, but got worried when on the Other Site, I found out there was a way to track IPs through the upload >_> Can't remember how/what the site was.
Hmmm, I'm not sure sadly :( I have been using the abload.de site for here until imgur lets us post pics on here again.