• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
I just got an email saying they finally shipped out my lethal league and that strategy rpg. Dark Legion. Now I'm waiting for my Thimbleweed Park and that anime looking game.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017

i don't really understand why they're doing this again, switch retail and PlayStation on LRG
but then again PMStudios still haven't released Deemo on the EU store yet and that was supposed to be out a year ago tomorrow so they honestly don't give any shits about EU people wanting to be able to get the dlc without buying overpriced psn cards online

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
i don't really understand why they're doing this again, switch retail and PlayStation on LRG
but then again PMStudios still haven't released Deemo on the EU store yet and that was supposed to be out a year ago tomorrow so they honestly don't give any shits about EU people wanting to be able to get the dlc without buying overpriced psn cards online

It is kinda weird. Were they not able to publish all 3 themselves?

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017

Here's the Collector's Edition content. $90. I need it. Give it to me.

Games also available separately with a two week open preorder window for $30 each.

Blacksark

Nov 21, 2017
Wow, the collectors edition is great, so much much much better than all the editions they have done in the past (price/content relation)

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Me: "I'm not gonna buy Flinthook again"
LRG: "But here's a double-sided steelbook that won't be complete without it"
Me: "I guess I can give it another try."

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Urgh, another repeat (though a good game, Flinthook) and a multiplat. Was hoping for Slime San or Golf Story. SMRPG is next month's game, so we won't even see any true Switch exclusives until June at the earliest. Bummer. :|

Animekatt

Oct 25, 2017
I will bite on that CE... I love the Steelbook that's included. I haven't bought Flint hook PS4 in the past, so it will be a new game for me. I will be buying Mercenary Kings on the Vita as well when that goes on sale to keep up with my complete Vita collection though.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Don't think anyone is pining that much for Jamestown+.

Anyway, bunch of stuff on sale this Friday for Record Store Day. All vinyl except for the 1 game.
If Darius had a CD version, I'd get that.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Musynx : well it's a long time from now so we'll see when we get closer ^^
Mercenary Kings : I'm curious about the PS4 version too... If it's cancelled I'd be glad to take the Switch version, else I won't.
Flinthook : I already have it but it's a great game so good for those who missed it ! I'm tempted to upgrade my PS4 version though, since the Switch has a manual that'd be pretty useful for this game...
Future Unfolding : I don't know about that one. I'm on the fence... $25 would have helped.

I like the big CE for once, the price is very interesting considering there are two games. I won't take it since the size wouldn't fit in my shelf unfortunately.

Last edited:

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Kotaku: Two Guys Making New Sega CD Jewel Cases Are In An Accidental War
It's taken decades for anyone to offer a solution. What's surprising is that now there are two. One is coming from the publisher Limited Run Games; the other is from a collector in Alaska. After personally fretting for years about the lack of Sega CD game cases, both parties thought they'd corner the market on these obscure supplies. Then they found out that, against all odds, they had competition. Now there's a war over who gets to replace everyone's cracked Sonic CD cases.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Supplying a niche product = a "war"...

Edit: Well, a shame that China made a crappy end product, after all that :/

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Supplying a niche product = a "war"...

Edit: Well, a shame that China made a crappy end product, after all that :/
Yeah there are several videos on them. They are a pretty subpar product and seem to be even more delicate then the original cases. Sounds like LRG's will be a better solution at least and being a saturn collector it's not like you aren't used to spending money.

sarcoa

Oct 25, 2017
Louisville KY USA
Is there a way to update your stored credit card information? I like using the quick checkout service that texts me a code, but that card is expiring and I need to add a new one. I can't seem to find a way to adjust it on LRG's website.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think anyone is pining that much for Jamestown+.
I am but you're probably right. Jamestown+ is probably in my top 5 most wanted LRG releases if we're realistic here and not looking at Sony and Nintendo first party, Yakuza 5 or Square Enix for example. At least if we count M2's ShotTriggers label as one and not four separate entries. :p

Also, I don't think his tweet is THAT enthusiastic. It's simply a "PS4 SHMUP that I know people want". He isn't using any hyperbolic statements which he rightfully should have if it was Garegga.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Also, I don't think his tweet is THAT enthusiastic. It's simply a "PS4 SHMUP that I know people want". He isn't using any hyperbolic statements which he rightfully should have if it was Garegga.

Yup that's why I'm reading between the lines that it's Jamestown+, Garegga would be unparalleled levels of hyperbole.

Hey don't get me wrong I'll be first in line for Jamestown+ ... and camping overnight at -30 Celsius for Garrega ;)

Worthintendo

Oct 25, 2017
Def going to pick up Flinthook & Mercenary Kings for Switch, undecided if I want to try for the limited edition of just stick with the standards thought. I'm kinda at the point where I don't need the extra crap that comes with the limited eds but just want the physical game.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Has there been any recent word on what's going on with Sundered and Salt and Sanctuary?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I pre-ordered the Switch Musynx (darn that limited reverse cover...) but I also will be here for both LRG ones, cause I gotta :x

N E R O

Oct 25, 2017
Mississauga, ON
Jamestown+ Would be a good surprise if it's coming out physically on PS4. I've sank so many hours on it when it came out.
I think I will skip Future Unfolding today. Might preorder Mercenary Kings for switch but not sure about flinthook since I own it on PS4.

Last edited:

Shinriji

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should have remade the PSX black long boxes instead.

The cardboard ones? All my PS1 games with that are in tip top shape after all those years (minus a little detachment of the upper spine in one game, because of the glue wearing off, I suppose that I only need to apply some extra glue).

But those long jewel cases hinges break down if you just glance them.