• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Treasure Box's gone already.

Scores on the doors for the regular editions:
Mercenary Kings: 2465
Flinthook: 2441

Needless to say, the thirst for physical Switch games was not quenched by Thimbleweed Park.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Treasure Box's gone already.

Scores on the doors for the regular editions:
Mercenary Kings: 2465
Flinthook: 2441

Needless to say, the thirst for physical Switch games was not quenched by Thimbleweed Park.

is it safe to wait a couple of days before ordering Mercenary kings, and Flinthook?

Would hate to miss out. :(

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ooh! That's a reasonable amount of time.
Looks like switch limited runs are here to stay. :)
Considering that they've going to be ordering almost eleven thousand units out of Nintendo if they cut off pre-orders five minutes ago, I think they're going to be happy enough. I believe they've said that the plan is for all of the Switch games to be open pre-orders for the foreseeable future.

Oct 27, 2017
I've snagged Thimbleweed Park, Mercenary Kings, and Flinthook so far. Nice run of Switch games to get started! Not so sure about Night Trap, but they can't all be winners.

Still very excited about VA-11 Hall-A!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will the preorder method for Switch stuff stick around? It's been great having a window to drop my name into the hat rather than having to fight tooth and nail to get a copy at a certain time.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before, but will the preorder method for Switch stuff stick around? It's been great having a window to drop my name into the hat rather than having to fight tooth and nail to get a copy at a certain time.

if they keep seeing high numbers for the Switch preorders, they will continue to have open preorders.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
if they keep seeing high numbers for the Switch preorders, they will continue to have open preorders.

i'm speaking for all platforms here but i honestly wouldn't mind if they had a reserved number in printing when the game went up and printed anything extra afterwards because honestly i'm usually waiting for my games anyways since i'm usually putting them on hold to try and avoid $15 shipping as much as possible

CMM1215

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed my first two Limited Run games today!! Flinthook and Merc Kings Reloaded! Not sure if I'll enjoy Merc Kings, but I like Tribute's other stuff and I'm willing to risk it. So stoked!!

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
i'm speaking for all platforms here but i honestly wouldn't mind if they had a reserved number in printing when the game went up and printed anything extra afterwards because honestly i'm usually waiting for my games anyways since i'm usually putting them on hold to try and avoid $15 shipping as much as possible
I wouldnt be surprised if this was the case

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Any word on when the Thimbleweed Park stuff will be finished production? I was looking at releasing my held order, but I wanna wait until that item is ready.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
These releases not happening on Fridays are really disturbing me. I'd totally forgotten about it ^^
Anyway, I was shooting for the standard editions. And I have two weeks to decide myself.

Oct 27, 2017
I just gotta ask, mostly because I'm hearing different answers - what is going on with Saturday Morning RPG for Switch and that awesome steelbook? What kind of sets are going to be available?

Thanks in advance

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
So folks, what's the word on Siralim? There isn't much review-wise to be found, and what is there isn't really glowing. I hate passing on rpgs, but this one doesn't look particularly good from what I've seen. Thoughts?

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I've never seen a positive review.
Vita version for me.

Hah. Most of what I've seen is along the lines of "I mean, if you reeeeally need something to play and are a hardcore rpg fan..." which, to me, always smacks of a game that's probably not worth my time.

So probably a pass for me, which is fine. Tribute Doublepack was pricey enough to justify not spending more money for a couple weeks.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think this was brought up in this thread yet:
Kickstarter Update said:
30c319fc4e6927676edd2kgst3.png

In this update, we're going to give you a detailed rundown on the contents of the Physical Collector's Edition, which is available from the $130 tier and up!

Did you all check out our last update, where we introduced Limited Run as our latest partner? Limited Run has made physical editions of many other games thus far in their career, which has earned them high praise. With them on board producing our Physical Collector's Edition, you can be assured that it will be a very high quality package! And now, for the contents!

The Good Life Physical Collector's Edition Contents:

- Kickstarter Exclusive Box (Embossed, with a completely unique design)
- Physical Game Disc (your choice of a PS4 or a PC version; PC version comes with a Steam key)
- Post Card (Scenery of Rainy Woods)
- Post Card (Letter from Team With SWERY's & Mr.Futatsgugi Sign)
- Rainy Woods Tourist Guide Leaflet (A4 size, tri-fold)
- Artbook (A bit smaller than A5)
- Trading Cards (Characters / Dogs / Cats)
- Soundtrack CD

Well? Is that an awesome package or what?!

We hope you'll take this change to snag this special, one-of-a-kind package and all the bragging rights it comes with! We're working hard on the actual designs now, so we hope you're excited to see them. We'll let you all know as soon as we have more news!

Once again, the Physical Collector's Edition is available in all tiers from $130 and above, so be sure to pledge for one of those if you can!

2e92e25a774c2bd000110g0svt.png

The Kickstarter is probably not gonna make it and the lack of a standard physical edition is weird, but I thought I'd share it anyway in case someone else completely missed the announcement.

Last edited: