• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
Did Mercenary Kings get an LRG release on PS4/Vita before; or any other publisher/platform physical before? I thought it looked familiar and I should skip it, but if not that'll be a Switch game I need.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think this was brought up in this thread yet:

The Kickstarter is probably not gonna make it and the lack of a standard physical edition is weird, but I thought I'd share it anyway in case someone else completely missed the announcement.

It's unfortunate, but I think a lot of people are just done backing games on Kickstarter. Hell, I only ever backed Mages of Mystralia, and despite the game coming out 9 months ago, it sounds like the physical is still far off.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
It's unfortunate, but I think a lot of people are just done backing games on Kickstarter. Hell, I only ever backed Mages of Mystralia, and despite the game coming out 9 months ago, it sounds like the physical is still far off.
Yeah, a new Swery game would have had no trouble getting funded in 2012-2014 but there have just been too many bad experiences since the heyday of the KS gaming boom. I almost completely stopped backing stuff on KS as well; made an exception for this one since I loved Deadly Premonition and The Good Life looks like a super charming game.

The good news is that Swery mentioned that he'll try to find an alternative way of funding the game if the KS fails, fingers crossed that LRG will be there with a physical release whenever that happens.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
As the thread is a bit old, it's been moved over to Hangouts. Do feel free to of course to make topics on the Gaming side for any releasing limited run games and news if you want.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
As the thread is a bit old, it's been moved over to Hangouts. Do feel free to of course to make topics on the Gaming side for any releasing limited run games and news if you want.

Won't the thread just get buried into oblivion now? You'd think maybe asking the OP if it would be OK could be a good idea before doing this... with how the Switch titles are coming and discussions still happen.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Won't the thread just get buried into oblivion now? You'd think maybe asking the OP if it would be OK could be a good idea before doing this... with how the Switch titles are coming and discussions still happen.

There was some back and forth on it, but ultimately decided to move it as it is a community thing, and it might be best to give games people care to an individual topic about them rather than the whole set. However, I can see the reasoning and if others want to contest I am all ears and will convey to the admins. There's certainly arguments to be had both why it should be on Gaming or Hangouts.

Of course, Hangouts is fairly active on its own with communities and isn't just there to pile out topics, but to separate committed communities and enthusiasts from the fast paced gaming news and discussion on gaming side.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
Not yet, it's an upcoming release.
Thanks

That's interesting... I try to go for the first release, and I guess it could possibly work out such that the other version ships out first. I think Switch going on preorder first is probably enough reason to go ahead for this version.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I never fervently asked for Atelier or Caligula (we're likely to get Overdose)

I rather have it be Phantom Breaker than Rabi Ribi

Oct 25, 2017
I should have never said anything about the calendar because now it is a nightmare. Whatever LimitedRunGames did, don't do this again. You've just ruined the entire week with your calendar. Don't set a start and end date and stretch the week with it. A full day is different than an all day. Ahh!

f3bKbbJ.png

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Too bad for Swery. The guy is always struggling when it comes to finance his games :x

Oh, and according to LRG's website, they've sold...
420 548 Flinthook
697 102 Mercenary Kings

I suppose there's a little problem with the figures :3

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Over half a million Mercenary Kings would be a crazy number if correct. Wonder what the real numbers are. Hopefully over 10K for each

EvilGizmo

Nov 14, 2017
Sorry, don't generally have multiple day events. It shows the same for me if it's set to all-day or has a start date and an end date, can you let me know if it looks better for you now?

I should have never said anything about the calendar because now it is a nightmare. Whatever LimitedRunGames did, don't do this again. You've just ruined the entire week with your calendar. Don't set a start and end date and stretch the week with it. A full day is different than an all day. Ahh!

f3bKbbJ.png

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
From LRG Forums:

"11th 2 PS4 games (1 weird Japanese game, 1 American puzzle platformer)
18th 2 PS4 games (1 RPG, 1 Horror)
25th 2 PS4, 2 Vita game (ALL RPGS!)

All of this is subject to change."

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
If these are all already announced titles:

11th 2 PS4 games (1 weird Japanese game, 1 American puzzle platformer) - The Game Paradise Cruisin' Mix and Tharsis/Volume
18th 2 PS4 games (1 RPG, 1 Horror) - ICEY and Layers of Fear
25th 2 PS4, 2 Vita game (ALL RPGS!) - Cosmic Star Heroine and Siralim 2/Salt & Sanctuary

Also GodzillaDB, MUSYNX release date is for the digital one, not the physical one which is coming out sometime after the digital release.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
If these are all already announced titles:

11th 2 PS4 games (1 weird Japanese game, 1 American puzzle platformer) - The Game Paradise Cruisin' Mix and Tharsis/Volume
18th 2 PS4 games (1 RPG, 1 Horror) - ICEY and Layers of Fear
25th 2 PS4, 2 Vita game (ALL RPGS!) - Cosmic Star Heroine and Siralim 2/Salt & Sanctuary

Also GodzillaDB, MUSYNX release date is for the digital one, not the physical one which is coming out sometime after the digital release.

I forgot about Game Paradise! Ok, this list seems like a good guess!

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Antiquita Lost got ESRB re-rated a while ago. I'm guessing that'll be coming soon.

I just realised, the two Vita games on the 4th are the only ones until my next payday. So a bit of a breather until the next lot!

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Aww man, I wish I had waited with buying "Mercenary Kings"! I figured I'd just go ahead and preorder now since May 4 was supposed to be the break, but now that second mystery game on that date could very well be something I'd want. And I would have loved to pay shipping only once. :-/

But thanks for that early overview. Looks very interesting! Could you add how many titles of these might get a CE? For budget planning purposes.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Antiquita Lost got ESRB re-rated a while ago. I'm guessing that'll be coming soon.

I just realised, the two Vita games on the 4th are the only ones until my next payday. So a bit of a breather until the next lot!

How Kemco is able to get their jank on Switch, yet Zeboyd hasn't even gotten approval for CSH, is beyond me.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Hard Copy Games is getting Elliot Quest:

Really would've preferred LRG got it, but I'll still definitely get it. Has Hard Copy Games even sold anything yet?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
"Hard Copy Games"... never heard of them, but adding them to the pile of generic and non-unique names :p

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
And the consensus was that they at least tried to have a name a little different and that their logo was cool.
Elliot Quest is a nice catch, I might get that.