• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
PmPXXpw.png

Welcome to the official ResetEra thread for Limited Run Games!

(Official Website | Blog | Twitter Account | Discord | About | FAQ | Support | Buying Guide | Release Archive)
(Discontinued: Mighty Rabbit Studios Forum | Rewards)

Please check out Reset's limited release Discord server!
It features a friendly community of collectors for LRG and other niche releases!
Simply send a direct message to the original poster --
GodzillaDB -- for an invite! Thank you very much!

In late 2015, Mighty Rabbit Studios, a North Carolinian indie developer, established a division within their company to help distribute digital games in physical form. Under the aptly named Limited Run Games brand, they strive toward catering to gamers and collectors alike that prefer hard copies of their titles, ranging between retro and contemporary platforms, via small print runs sold exclusively through their website. Although they might not necessarily encompass all DLC or patch work depending on the title, these minuscule prints are done as a business model to insure these games are preserved in some form of printed media while being profitable enough to continue their mission statement. Limited Run Games has pledged to never reprint their catalog so titles are gone for good once an item has sold out or the pre-order window closes. Since early 2018, it's worth mentioning that multiple titles have since adopted a soft "open pre-order" system in which purchases can be made casually across a specific time frame. Limited Run Games has even able to offer select, non-catalog titles across various retailers from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, GameStop and so on. If you have any questions, please feel free to consult any of the aforementioned links for their most common FAQs or contact support in regard to a specific order.

If you have any sort of constructive criticism, please send it through a private message/conversation to ensure that I receive it. Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like this just got made up, was looking for it and glad it's back! Nice that it's also adding in the other limited runs too.

I wonder if LRG will come back to join too?

ThatsMacky

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if LRG will come back to join too?

I'm thinking they will, when they have something to say or talk about. I'm sure they're aware of the forum (and Doug is in the Discord).

Has anyone received a shipping notification for Skullgirls? I thought I heard they were starting shipping on the 16th of October.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for setting this up!

As much as I love LRG, Special Reserve Games really impressed me with how they handled Shadow Warrior 2.

They got it to me internationally in under a week, and the extras they included with it are gorgeous.

If they start putting out some stuff like Hotline Miami I'll absolutely be snagging it.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Great thread! It would be nice to see the release lists of LRG, Signature Edition Games, Play-Asia & Special Reserve Games in the OP.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad there's a thread! Now to complain about all the new releases and question their business model! :P

But in all seriousness, I'm happy to see someone set up a thread here. Thanks.

RHANITAN

Oct 25, 2017
La mulana is one of my favourite indie games and I would love a physical version of it but unfortunately I don't plan on getting a vita anytime soon. Hopefully one day it comes out on some other console in physical form.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
La mulana is one of my favourite indie games and I would love a physical version of it but unfortunately I don't plan on getting a vita anytime soon. Hopefully one day it comes out on some other console in physical form.
I could see EX ports happening ahead of 2's release. EX itself was farmed out to Marvelous and Pyramid I believe, Nigoro only did the PC and WiiWare versions themselves.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Yay my Ys Origins CE finally started moving. So if anyone had an October 5 tracking number that was inactive try checking today.

The_Monk

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you for creating the thread!

I don't if it would be possible or even if it makes no sense at all but I would love if they could provide steelbook versions. I'm trying to keep my physicl collection minimal but for steelbook I always have a place.

foobarry81

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Signature Edition Games is doing a physical release of The Count Lucanor (PS4 and PSVita) for £25 + shipping.

The game is up for pre-order on their site:
PS4 Signature Edition: https://signatureeditiongames.com/c...the-count-lucanor-developer-signature-edition
PSVita Signature Edition: https://signatureeditiongames.com/c...s/the-count-lucanor-signature-edition-ps-vita

Shipping starts mid-December: https://twitter.com/SigEditionGames/status/923947785732395008

You can also order it at base.com for less:
PS4 regular edition £12.85 + shipping: https://www.base.com/buy/product/the-count-lucanor-ps4/dgc-tclps4.htm
PSVita Signature Edition £19.99 + shipping: https://www.base.com/buy/product/the-count-lucanor-signature-edition-ps-vita/dgc-clsepsv.htm

Contents of the Signature Edition:
DNKfZuDWsAMs5Ep.png:large

All people who pre-order (I assume this only applies to pre-orders from the SEG site) will get a coin:

DNKfZ-zXkAAOCbb.jpg

Big Wazu

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Glad to see a thread for this. I'm so happy that these companies are putting out physical edition of games, because I refuse to go digital.

Looks like my next pickup is going to be Nex Machina.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see you here GodzillaDB, I was just a lurker on GAF but you saved me more than once with the LRG update.

If all is well I should get Nex Machina

OP
OP
GodzillaDB

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you everyone for all the kind words! It's a pleasure to take the helm of this thread once again at Reset. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to improve the opening post, preferably by private/conversation message so that I don't overlook your suggestions.

Great thread! It would be nice to see the release lists of LRG, Signature Edition Games, Play-Asia & Special Reserve Games in the OP.
I'm currently planning to create a Google document that exclusively covers the Limited Run collection since they've been hammering out material on a monthly basis. It should cut down most of the "text wall" clutter in the OP which leaves room to reference other competitor catalogs. Keeping track of every physical release of this nature is a bit of a gargantuan task and I'm admittedly struggling with how to approach listing them in an legible manner. I know that user "dancrane212" created a document that covered the exact same ground back on GAF. I might send a message asking whether it would be fine hosting the link here as an additional resource. I know there's another file that's being handled by someone on CAG as well. Still thinking on this.

Thanks for the reminder. OP has been updated with its removal from the upcoming list.

Is there a price on their Absolver variant? SRG lists it at $35.
Unless I'm mistaken, LRG has always price-matched their variants with the respective standard listings on SRG.

Good to see you here GodzillaDB, I was just a lurker on GAF but you saved me more than once with the LRG update.
It's wonderful to meet you, Emka, and glad to be of assistance! Hope this thread continues to live up to expectation!

Finnroth

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for creating the thread! I would be totally lost witout it regarding new releases, somehow I always forget to check in time. After that relatively long break I am very happy with the next batch containing Nex Machina and La Mulana :D

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I do hope Josh and Doug will make their way here soon, although, I am curious if they're willing to take up yet another community, or have the time to even do that.

Hopefully they can fit this place into their outreach too at some point.

OP
OP
GodzillaDB

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
We already have a topic for region specific release here.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...d-region-specific-physical-game-releases.726/

Is there reason why we can't keep this topic specific to LRG like the other forum?
My perspective at the time of forum migration was combing both topics was arguably necessary as they practically share the exact same demographics (digital-to-physical and/or rarity collectors). Like Curler pointed out, catalog crossover between several distributors has further muddied the water between limited and region-specific titles with Caladrius Blaze (PS4) being an example of something available as a standard, import-friendly release in one region, but received a minuscule pressing in another area that's touted as an official part of the territory library. Respectfully, I tried claiming the topic combination across the "Limited Retail" Discord channel and, later, a few volunteer Reset threads right around when Dan's topic went live. If it's a potential issue, I can speak with a moderator about how to proceed with these two threads whether splitting or combing as necessary.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think making it official LRG topic would make it more likely for LRG rep to participate in the future. Half the fun was guessing up coming release or making request.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe we can do what we did last time and have it be LRG focused but allow people to post deals or foreign releases? It's understandable that people focused on LRG probably want to know about other physical releases for prominent indie games or whatever, so let those posts happen but keep the majority focus and the OP be on LRG?

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe we can do what we did last time and have it be LRG focused but allow people to post deals or foreign releases? It's understandable that people focused on LRG probably want to know about other physical releases for prominent indie games or whatever, so let those posts happen but keep the majority focus and the OP be on LRG?
I'd welcome that.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure people will post other deals anyways, as all of this sort of fit into the same categories.

It's hard to micromanage everything such as that, but certainly could try to keep it to a minimum.

I'm part of other LRG threads on other forums as well, and in those threads there are plenty of other other game chatter, but LRG reps are still more than happy to continue visiting and posting in between those posts to respond to questions/comments directed at them.

I think the most important thing will really to make sure that it's a good community, rather than 100% LRG that will get them here, and to continue to stay here.

If there needs to be a middle point, possibly just remove the "Small/Region Specific Retail Releases" from the thread title, but putting it in the op that it's also fair game for all the other stuff, and keep the lists there for other stuff, if that just has to stay.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

foobarry81

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
https://www.facebook.com/StrictlyLT...631698398539/1932182170376824/?type=3&theater

Sayonara #UmiharaKawase ++ (PlusPlus) will be released early 2018 for #PSVita by Strictly Limited Games!

This will be a worldwide exclusive title and we are really happy to announce this partnership with our friends at #StudioSaizensen.

Kondo-San is currently creating brand new cover art for the fans and we're confident that you will love it.
Stay tuned for more exciting news from us very soon!

22815404_1932182170376824_1726563756461244856_n.jpg

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Account approved ! Glad to be part of this new topic. Great job GodzillaDB !

Do you notice that there are several orphan "IMG" anchors ?

I'll personnally skip Absolver on Wednesday, too much of an online game for me.

Last edited: