• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, it's painful to see those broken Sega CD cases. I was hoping they had a new build that wouldn't break as easily.

Also, this might have been posted earlier, but they are putting up a bunch of left over stuff up this Black Friday.
  • Thimbleweed Park
  • Super Hydorah
  • Flinthook
  • Senko no Ronde 2
  • Munch's Oddysee
  • Rock Boshers DX
  • Momodora
  • Oceanhorn
  • Double Dragon IV Classic Edition
  • Skyforce Anniversary
  • Mercenary Kings
  • River City Melee Classic Edition
I'm going to put mobile notifications on for their Twitter account and hopefully snag Munch's Oddysee when they list that.
When will this exactly go online? I'm most interested in Tumbleweed Park!

jRPG

Dec 13, 2017
So tempted to double dip on CSH for Switch. Was hoping they'd send a discount code for potential double dippers.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently, no listings until the 7th now (other than Enter the Gungeon cover variant).

Have we had any hints about what's coming up in December?

MulderYuffie

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently, no listings until the 7th now (other than Enter the Gungeon cover variant).

Have we had any hints about what's coming up in December?
Was wondering this myself. Only interested in switch stuff from them. I know this might sound selfish but I hope it isn't anything I want this year has killed my wallet enough.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
It's been a while, but I thought LRG used a different carrier, not Canada Post or the other big carriers. Perhaps it was DHL, I don't remember, regardless they were slow but reliable. The two holds I've gotten didn't even have a scratch on their cardboard boxes.

Edit: If the package is going through Canada Post, it's not being refused at the boarder. Canada Post ordered international shippers to stop accepting packages. Stuff in the system will just get held up in the backlog. The government is finally getting going on legislating them back, so that won't last forever.

It does get passed off at the border to Canada Post. My tracking finally updated and it is now through Canada Customs. Now it just says delay due to the strike.

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
Was wondering this myself. Only interested in switch stuff from them. I know this might sound selfish but I hope it isn't anything I want this year has killed my wallet enough.

I think it's pretty sane to not feel obligated to buy games on an incredibly strict schedule and budget. I've been juggling multiple companies producing these things this past summer, and it's dried up free money anywhere I've had it, and I've started working overtime to compensate.

I just received Thumper and some other stuff in the mail, and Limited Run puts out great collector's editions, but there are just way too many to buy consistently, along with the rest of gaming purchases, on top of standard bills. One game a month per platform is asking a lot from customers, 2-3 a month feels abusive.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's pretty sane to not feel obligated to buy games on an incredibly strict schedule and budget. I've been juggling multiple companies producing these things this past summer, and it's dried up free money anywhere I've had it, and I've started working overtime to compensate.

I just received Thumper and some other stuff in the mail, and Limited Run puts out great collector's editions, but there are just way too many to buy consistently, along with the rest of gaming purchases, on top of standard bills. One game a month per platform is asking a lot from customers, 2-3 a month feels abusive.

The problem is that there are just so many games coming out these days that if you don't keep a brisk pace you're gonna fall even further behind.

I learned early on - and got much more strict about recently - that I should really just buy the games I want and skip stuff I'm lukewarm on. Less clutter, more money in my pocket. I don't think these games are going to be the investment some collectors want them to be down the line. Old games and other toy-based valuables are expensive because people viewed them as disaposable 20-30 years ago.

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
The problem is that there are just so many games coming out these days that if you don't keep a brisk pace you're gonna fall even further behind.

I learned early on - and got much more strict about recently - that I should really just buy the games I want and skip stuff I'm lukewarm on. Less clutter, more money in my pocket. I don't think these games are going to be the investment some collectors want them to be down the line. Old games and other toy-based valuables are expensive because people viewed them as disaposable 20-30 years ago.

You're totally accurate, toys and cards from 50 plus years ago have high value. Antiques Road Show has certainly taught us that. It's refreshing to hear, in a collector's realm. I spend maybe a third of my income on games a year, and focusing on games I'm a fan of, versus feeling its an essential game, or a purchase in a line of games, is a far healthier mode of thinking. I own thousands of games from several generations I don't actively play, and they sit in boxes. Where's the logic/sanity there.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm sitting on somewhere in the range of 1200-1500 games myself, a number that exploded about five years back when I started yardsaling for retro stuff. It'd probably be even more if I didn't get rid of junk games and most sports titles.

I now have every game I ever liked as a child and so, so, so much more. Over the last year I've really come around to culling my collection down a bit, but haven't made much progress. I knew it might be time when owning so much started feeling more like a burden than a joy. The easiest thing I can do for now is really think about how I want to spend my money on games.

I still cave when a game I like gets a switch port, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sarcoa

Oct 25, 2017
Louisville KY USA
Didn't see it anywhere else in the thread, but last week I got a press release from Degica stating Game Tengoku CruisinMix Special is getting a (western) physical release through Limited Run.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
So weird reading this thread from two years ago where Josh says Axiom Verge, Mages of Mystralia and Chasm were never getting released by Limited Run Games, but we're now 2/3. I guess that confirms Chasm's inevitable Limited Run Games release as well.

And not to stir the port, but I've finally found the quote that made us think Axiom Verge was never going to happen:

Unlikely, given how our negotiations with Dan went. If anything they're releasing through a full retail partner. It won't be limited or difficult to acquire as they weren't happy with that aspect of the original IndieBox release. Despite the quality of the game, I think it will be overprinted and end up rotting on shelves.

The issue at hand wasn't the numbers. If I could dive in to details I think everyone would understand why we have no desire to even continue trying to pursue Axiom Verge. Not really diving into the issue but Dan insulted us and pretty hard at that. I don't have any desire to work with someone who would trivialize the work we're doing. Even if we were handed the game on a silver platter we wouldn't want it as a matter of principle.

I guess it was a gold platter instead of a silver one.

Edit: by the way, lemme just add it that ^ is a just joke.

Last edited:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when Game Tengoku CruisinMix will go on sale? I was under the impression that it was November but apparently that was only the digital release. My Hold order turns six months in December so I need to release it soon.

Also, has anything further been said about Battle Garegga, or M2 ShotTriggers in general?

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Do we know when Game Tengoku CruisinMix will go on sale? I was under the impression that it was November but apparently that was only the digital release. My Hold order turns six months in December so I need to release it soon.

Also, has anything further been said about Battle Garegga, or M2 ShotTriggers in general?

No and no. LRG hasn't even confirmed Tengoku.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France

I feel you, I've actually started to cull my own LRG collection after much hesitation. Lone Survivor and the Bunker just left.
My goal is to deflate my 80 games collection to about 40 so that I only own games I'm enjoying or look forward to playing. And also to recoup the costs that really piled up ^^
The other 40 games are probably good games, that's why I bought them in the first place, but I find I don't have the time nor will to play them. I'll go digital if really I change my mind.

But kudos to those who keep on collecting, it's a massive task with this generation ! *_*

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I feel you, I've actually started to cull my own LRG collection after much hesitation. Lone Survivor and the Bunker just left.
My goal is to deflate my 80 games collection to about 40 so that I only own games I'm enjoying or look forward to playing. And also to recoup the costs that really piled up ^^
The other 40 games are probably good games, that's why I bought them in the first place, but I find I don't have the time nor will to play them. I'll go digital if really I change my mind.

But kudos to those who keep on collecting, it's a massive task with this generation ! *_*

I don't think most of us anticipated the volume of releases when we got on board. I haven't started culling yet, but I did cut back on purchases.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
So weird reading this thread from two years ago where Josh says Axiom Verge, Mages of Mystralia and Chasm were never getting released by Limited Run Games, but we're now 2/3. I guess that confirms Chasm's inevitable Limited Run Games release as well.

And not to stir the port, but I've finally found the quote that made us think Axiom Verge was never going to happen:

I guess it was a gold platter instead of a silver one.

Edit: by the way, lemme just add it that ^ is a just joke.

Is Axiom Verge announced as the Wii U game then?

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, is there any more information on Layers of Fear for the Switch about when in December it's set to ship or is that still entirely up in the air?

MulderYuffie

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't updated my list in a little while so I'm upwards to about a little over 1,150 physical games I've stockpiled for last 22 years (technically started when I was 4) but I also have a pretty decent DVD/blu ray (about 113 or so TV show volumes/seasons and 40 movies) and CD (188 not counting a few video game OSTs) collection and digital purchases on all current platforms with over 10,000 on Steam alone and I think overall across all digital platforms I'm at about 12,000+ now. I impulse buy a lot if I see a physical game for really cheap I'm sure to jump on it if I like it or just mildly interested (what's $5 or less? Is my thought process) I dont buy anything I am not at least remotely interested in trying out and I have no intention of having complete sets for any console. There are about roughly 15 "retro" games I want to add to my collection and among 3ds,switch,ps4 and XBO about the same amount and I'm still finding myself falling a tad short but I get my Bill's taken care of above all else first.

I feel I need to just cut out impulse buying because it doesn't fit into my original monthly plan and it adds up but sometimes it's so hard for me and more often than not it's not something I have on that "must have" list of games mentioned above but also not knowing limitedrungame's plans kinda throws me off too. I only have or have on order 8 of the 20? Current switch titles none of them were collectors editions either and Cosmic Star Heroine is the last one I can really think of off the top of my head that I've been waiting on and actually was on my most have list but as far as digital switch games go? Hollow Knight will probably see another publisher. Shovel knight is coming in April but if say Freedom Planet or Blossom Tales were to happen! Wink wink!

This post is literally about nothing just figured since some were posting about their habits I would lol I might have some small addiction but I get the bill's paid and at the end of the day who cares what we spend our money on otherwise.

ConanEdogawa

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think most of us anticipated the volume of releases when we got on board. I haven't started culling yet, but I did cut back on purchases.
Same here. It's too much. I thought they were going to be more reasonable with the pace of Switch releases, saying 1-2 per month was what we should expect, but we're already up to what, 20?

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017

just the beginning folks

i'm out the game after vita finishes, looking to get iconoclasts and maybe some other surprises then i'm out. i always end up ordering switch games following for the next vita release.

unfollowing LRG on twitter, unsubbing from the newsletter, the temptation is just too much.

at least the endpoint is in sight for me, switch is still gaining traction.

Last edited:

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

just the beginning folks

i'm out the game after vita finishes, looking to get iconoclasts and maybe some other surprises then i'm out. i always end up ordering switch games following for the next vita release.

unfollowing LRG on twitter, unsubbing from the newsletter, the temptation is just too much.

at least the endpoint is in sight for me, switch is still gaining traction.

That's my plan. As soon as the last Vita game is released, I'm 100% out of the collecting habit and no more limited releases for me.