• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017

just the beginning folks

i'm out the game after vita finishes, looking to get iconoclasts and maybe some other surprises then i'm out. i always end up ordering switch games following for the next vita release.

unfollowing LRG on twitter, unsubbing from the newsletter, the temptation is just too much.

at least the endpoint is in sight for me, switch is still gaining traction.

why not just buy what you want instead of wasting money to impress internet people like most of us do?

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
Same. I don't even buy physical games for my XBOX, PS4, or Switch.
Vita is my sweet goodbye to physical collecting.

i love digital too.

i'll still be into physical collecting, but its mainly getting games hella cheap. i love getting sweet deals, which doesn't happen with limited runs. physical sales often beat digital too.

why not just buy what you want instead of wasting money to impress internet people like most of us do?

i buy like 90% of my games on sales, both physical and digital, so yeah. no reason to overpay anymore if i'm not collecting.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017

I would really love this to be a partnership with Square Enix. There are a lot of games I would love to see get a Switch physical, like romancing saga, adventure/secret of mana (obviously would have to be announced first)...

Blacksark

Nov 21, 2017
I still have my held orders not shipped, there are orders from march. I have contacted many many times and still the games don't ship although they have all the games in the warehouse, I don't know what to do but I'm started to get angry, even 6 month paypal protection has expired.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How hard would it be for Limited Run to start releasing retro games in phisycal form? Something like Chrono Trigger in HD for Switch and PS4. Just wondering.

Anyway, Oxenfree was the first Switch game I received I whoolly absolutely loved. Fantastic. More of that please, I would love physical releases for single player heavy story adventure games. Perception anyone?

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I still have my held orders not shipped, there are orders from march. I have contacted many many times and still the games don't ship although they have all the games in the warehouse, I don't know what to do but I'm started to get angry, even 6 month paypal protection has expired.

Mine are also still held up with orders from back in March, they did give me a breakdown of what they were waiting on for each shipment but I was hoping for some movement on those fairly recently and nothing has gone out yet.

It's kind of annoying that each held shipment is being held up by 1 game, I imagine it's a bit of a nightmare keeping track for them but you'd think combining the games that have been ready to ship for months would be easier than holding on to them longer.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
KT hasn't announced any LE only bundle with the 3 atelier games in yet and i know doug has been nagging them to let them publish physical copies

Lordys

Oct 28, 2017

Same situation here but with two held orders not shipped yet, one of them have skullgirls 2nd xO. Now i'm crying because i won't get my games this year.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver

They did have 80,000 orders worth of games just show up somewhat recently, maybe a month ago. They seem to still be chugging through all that (and probably still have stuff popping in).
I have 2 hold orders which should ship sometime. First up is one with Cosmic Star Heroine. CSH says shipping in progress, meaning they're working on simple orders with that now. When they're done with those they might get to my everything-in-hand order, or they might keep chugging through their other simple orders... I fully expect them to keep at the simple orders, hold orders are the last orders in the priority queue. My other hold order has Everspace in it, so there's zero chance it'll ship in 2018.

Ignition365

Jan 8, 2018
I've seen hold orders going out according to their shipping room page and I've got orders that should be ready to ship from back in July.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
KT hasn't announced any LE only bundle with the 3 atelier games in yet and i know doug has been nagging them to let them publish physical copies

All of social media has been begging them too. Kind of a dumb decision not to do it as a limited deal, like the Vita LEs they did through NISA Store.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017

I would really love this to be a partnership with Square Enix. There are a lot of games I would love to see get a Switch physical, like romancing saga, adventure/secret of mana (obviously would have to be announced first)...

Forget the crappy remakes, I still want the Mana Collection in english. Also I'd still buy DQHI&II Switch even though it'd be like $79.99 for that 32GB card, lol.

If LRG did partner with a large Japanese publisher for physical Switch releases though I think Capcom might be even better. Okami HD, RE remasters, Ace Attorney Trilogy, Onimusha, second half of all those MegaMan Collections, etc.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping to ignore all the LRG releases in December, but that hope has just been destroyed.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Forget the crappy remakes, I still want the Mana Collection in english. Also I'd still buy DQHI&II Switch even though it'd be like $79.99 for that 32GB card, lol.

If LRG did partner with a large Japanese publisher for physical Switch releases though I think Capcom might be even better. Okami HD, RE remasters, Ace Attorney Trilogy, Onimusha, second half of all those MegaMan Collections, etc.

I'd much prefer SE, knowing how much physical stuff got skipped. Capcom has been a mixed bag with which titles they make physical (not doing Okami on Switch was odd...) However, Onimusha HD IS getting a physical copy for $20! Phoenix Wright I'm crossing my fingers, but Capcom in the west never gives it a chance :/

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'd much prefer SE, knowing how much physical stuff got skipped. Capcom has been a mixed bag with which titles they make physical (not doing Okami on Switch was odd...) However, Onimusha HD IS getting a physical copy for $20! Phoenix Wright I'm crossing my fingers, but Capcom in the west never gives it a chance :/
Onimusha's eShop only in America and Europe. It's only getting a physical release in Japan, like Okami HD did.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Oh for Switch, yeah. PS4 is, but it's funny given just how good Switch sales in general are.
The issue with Capcom is they don't want to charge more for physical but they're charging $20 for these remasters and you can't really do that with a 4/8/16GB card.

SE could be great too though. FFVII on a cartridge would be pretty neat.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

I'd love this. But that tweet says "It's a partnership no one would have expected in a million years!", people have been asking/expecting a Koei-Tecmo Atelier partnership for ages now.

(Unless no-one expects it because he specifically said in that stream ages ago that it wasn't going to happen, but now it is!)

Hey LimitedRunGames, now you've got this partnership in place, can you ask what happened to the Rain World Vita version?

Like, I know it's not going to happen at this point, but still.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to come to the conclusion that this discount coupon given for Golf Story is a bit of a joke. I'm glad that some of you probably used it, but LRG gave this small window of what amounts to about a month which is like 5 possible releases assuming they released something every week which they didn't. So you're constrained to this small window and you just have to hope they release something that you're interested in with very infrequent releases. You also don't know what's coming up well in advance so you can't even plan. I feel like the window should be much bigger for people to use this coupon. It's only 10% too so it's not like it's some huge thing lingering over them either.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
What's the schedule looking like so far in the next few weeks?

As if they'd tell us.... :)

But seriously, I read somewhere that from now on we'll only be getting short notice announcements, no more month-long schedules....which is a HUGE shame, as I really appreciated that approach. I mean, sure, stuff got moved around and delayed, but it still was a huge help. :-/

I hope they change their mind about that.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to come to the conclusion that this discount coupon given for Golf Story is a bit of a joke. I'm glad that some of you probably used it, but LRG gave this small window of what amounts to about a month which is like 5 possible releases assuming they released something every week which they didn't. So you're constrained to this small window and you just have to hope they release something that you're interested in with very infrequent releases. You also don't know what's coming up well in advance so you can't even plan. I feel like the window should be much bigger for people to use this coupon. It's only 10% too so it's not like it's some huge thing lingering over them either.

I ordered something and completely forgot about it. Actually don't remember receiving anything.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

This could not have possibly come at a worse time haha. I literally have no money right now but I NEED that CE.

Dang it I guess it's time to start selling stuff.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017

This could not have possibly come at a worse time haha. I literally have no money right now but I NEED that CE.

I'm a sucker for Shantae. I already own the PS4 and 3DS versions of Pirate's Curse, but of course I'm going to get this. Probably won't get the Collector's Edition unless it comes with a steelbook. Please don't come with a steelbook.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Holy crap, and to think I put off double dipping and replaying this on Switch for so long. Perfect timing!

Well almost, I probably won't preorder until the 14th. Still, great get LRG!

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
don't suppose anyone uk based would be wanting to rebuy shantae on switch and sell their unsealed ps4 version at face value?

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

YES! I had a feeling this would happen so I held off on buying the Switch port for this reason. Hoping they get Mummy Demastered as well, since you'd think getting on a licensed game (the ones actually at risk of being delisted) would be the absolute highest priority for them.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
YES! I had a feeling this would happen so I held off on buying the Switch port for this reason. Hoping they get Mummy Demastered as well, since you'd think getting on a licensed game (the ones actually at risk of being delisted) would be the absolute highest priority for them.

Earlier this year Josh teased about signing a game that had "universal" appeal, so we all assumed it was mummy remastered since the IP is owned by Universal. Hope it comes soon!

Last edited: