• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Yay, my hold order with the Cosmic Star Heroine CE just shipped out :)
I just figured I'd mention it for anybody wondering about holds moving.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
The Senran Kagura LE is really nice! Feels like an XSEED item alright (complete with a Vita manual, since Sony basically told non-limited publishers "no manuals" :/)

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
The Senran Kagura LE is really nice! Feels like an XSEED item alright (complete with a Vita manual, since Sony basically told non-limited publishers "no manuals" :/)

i don't think sony told anyone they couldn't have a manual, they just didn't give western publishers a physical printout template so most of them don't have one

with EU games it's hit or miss tho because my Konami games come wih manuals, Ubisoft, EA, and KT games usually came with those health and safety manual booklets

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Yeah I really need that CE of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. Especially if it includes a steelbook. If.

I guess I can sell my PS4 CE and Switch CE of Night Trap. Good thing I left them sealed. The problem is that I don't want to use eBay since I think they charge for posting an ad once it's sold and take a cut.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
... The problem is that I don't want to use eBay since I think they charge for posting an ad once it's sold and take a cut.

I've had some luck selling excess LRG stuff at fair prices on the local listing website in my city.

Like other people in the last few pages of this thread, I've been letting go of a lot of my excess games, ones I bought just because they were limited even though they didn't really fit my genre interests.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
i don't think sony told anyone they couldn't have a manual, they just didn't give western publishers a physical printout template so most of them don't have one

with EU games it's hit or miss tho because my Konami games come wih manuals, Ubisoft, EA, and KT games usually came with those health and safety manual booklets

Yeah I heard that EU had a couple games with them, but NA was "highly discouraged" for doing anything. The most we got was maybe a single-page insert advertising another game or something. Didn't know about the template thing, so yeah that would definitely make a difference too.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much that CE will cost.

This was just $39.99. Box, soundtrack and book.
140686.png

Hopefully it is not $59.99-69.99.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I heard that EU had a couple games with them, but NA was "highly discouraged" for doing anything. The most we got was maybe a single-page insert advertising another game or something. Didn't know about the template thing, so yeah that would definitely make a difference too.
Project Diva F 2nd and Disney Infinity both had manuals in the US. I can't think of any others though.

Euman

Oct 25, 2017
I saw on the LRG Twitter their doing a switch bundle giveaway.

There's a copy of Saturday Morning RPG for switch in the bundle. Anyone know if it's possible to purchase leftover stock? I'd love to grab a SMRPG Switch copy, but missed it when it released.

Seems that they may have some, but I've only ever pre-ordered stuff .

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Got the second half of my huge hold order yesterday. If was weird they didn't ship the whole hold order in one shipment and instead shipped them 2 weeks apart. Just glad everything got here safe.

Really looking forward to Shantae on Friday. :)

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering that the standard edition is $34.99 according to LRG's website, I'm guessing it is going to be around $69.99.
And that will really suck as the Shantae retail releases outside of LRG have been great with with pretty much everything some of these CE bundles have to offer but at a reasonable price of $40.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
And that will really suck as the Shantae retail releases outside of LRG have been great with with pretty much everything some of these CE bundles have to offer but at a reasonable price of $40.

you gotta remember, even tho it's LRG they'll probably do 20k max whereas xseed probably print around 50-60k and they have the retail space of a lot of places whereas LRG is 95% of the time only on the site but recently only moved into letting bestbuy purchase stuff

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
5000 copies for their most well known game, and it's only being announced mere moments before release?

This'll be tight.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about Pirate's Curse but I found Risky's Revenge super boring.
Granted it was originally a handheld game, but still it really disappointed me and I have yet to try Pirate's Curse because of it x)
Not that "it was originally a handheld game" actually means anything in terms of quality. Pirate's Curse is the best in the series, better than the "originally a console game" Half Genie Hero.

Nov 1, 2017
I don't know about Pirate's Curse but I found Risky's Revenge super boring.
Granted it was originally a handheld game, but still it really disappointed me and I have yet to try Pirate's Curse because of it x)
You're missing out, dude. While the games look similar they play pretty differently. Instead of transformations you power up Shantae by collecting pirate equipment that gives her new abilities that come in handy when exploring the game's various dungeons. Oh, and navigation is more traditional - no more bouncing back and forth in the foreground and background of a level.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So how much time till we know what the mystery game is? I usually set my alarm 10 mins to the time, so I assume it'll at least be up by then to decide. Not a fan of it being unknown, cause I don't know if I even want it :x

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
So how much time till we know what the mystery game is? I usually set my alarm 10 mins to the time, so I assume it'll at least be up by then to decide. Not a fan of it being unknown, cause I don't know if I even want it :x

I just plan on setting my alarm 10 mins prior. Should be enough time to make a decision if it's going to be such a big deal.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Should we place our bets of what it is?

I'm going with Disney Afternoon Collection. (Will get LE if it is). Would definately be huge!

N E R O

Oct 25, 2017
Mississauga, ON
I would still be getting the physical games that I want even after the Vita dies. It's going to be on a lower scale though. Some games are just too good to pass. I stopped collecting for the PS4 centuries ago but I still get games for it every now and then. Sadly I couldn't get enter the gungoen :(

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany

I'm going with Disney Afternoon Collection. (Will get LE if it is). Would definately be huge!

Would be rad, but nah....no way. I've been thinking it would be "Phantasy Star Online 2" all this time, but some people are leaning towards a remaster of "Parappa the Rapper", which would be pretty lame considering there already is an Asian physical for PS4 for that one. But it would go with Sony exclusive and the PS1/PS2 connection, and the soundtrack as well as the artbook of the CE would probably fit as well.

However.

I had another wild theory: It's gonna be "P.T."! It would fit with LRG's expected reaction of "wtf how did they do this?!?" and if they made it into a whole "Silent Hill" package, they PS1/PS2 connection would fit as well, especially if earlier games would be included since "P.T." is just a teaser and not a full game. Would buy the shit outta this! :)

It's going to be something else entirely though, I'm sure, and it's interesting that the preorder aspect as well as the charity thing fell through.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017

Still have my fingers crossed for Castlevania Requiem, even if the game seemed a bit rushed. A physical copy of SotN and Rondo on modern hardware would be great.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Would be rad, but nah....no way. I've been thinking it would be "Phantasy Star Online 2" all this time, but some people are leaning towards a remaster of "Parappa the Rapper", which would be pretty lame considering there already is an Asian physical for PS4 for that one. But it would go with Sony exclusive and the PS1/PS2 connection, and the soundtrack as well as the artbook of the CE would probably fit as well.

However.

I had another wild theory: It's gonna be "P.T."! It would fit with LRG's expected reaction of "wtf how did they do this?!?" and if they made it into a whole "Silent Hill" package, they PS1/PS2 connection would fit as well, especially if earlier games would be included since "P.T." is just a teaser and not a full game. Would buy the shit outta this! :)

It's going to be something else entirely though, I'm sure, and it's interesting that the preorder aspect as well as the charity thing fell through.

What's the charity thing you mentioned? I don't recall hearing about that.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible that Friday's game is the new Toejam & Earl? It's a pretty well-known name but not something massive.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible that Friday's game is the new Toejam & Earl? It's a pretty well-known name but not something massive.
It was given a March 1, 2019, release date today. Too early.

Disney Afternoon Collection would make sense since I just bought it digitally for $5 in a sale. Only after you buy something digitally will a physical announcement come. :p Would be awesome though. Publishing a Disney game developed by Capcom sounds like dream get for LRG.