• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered a Jak2 shirt from them 5 days ago and no shipping info. What gives?
Still mad about the Jak 2 copies being sold out btw.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Yea, me too. It's weird that LRG always says they want to preserve games for the future, but on the other hand they maybe don't put the full game on the card because customers want the game fast with a required download.

If I want a game fast, I download it. For a physical release i can wait until the game is complete.

:(

Hell no, I don't want them to delay the shipment of the games. Then we'll have a PJM2 situation when a game that should have been shipped in August is still not out to people because of OCD over putting patches on the disc despite all the DLC being ready to press on the disc, which is the real value compared to a patch you can easily download at anytime. It would be nice if the devs get it out in Feb though, so that it could theoretically be on the disc, since it wouldn't be THAT much of a pushback in that case. (maybe a week or two extra)

oh goodie, now Limited Editions are getting exclusive DLC on disc... whoever thought this was a good idea deserves to be fired

Degica mandated it, it's not really in LRG's control. Same situation for the CE in Japan as well, as silly as it is. I'd take this over nothing at all though, but I wish they'd at least make the DLC purchasable for those with the standard.

I ordered a Jak2 shirt from them 5 days ago and no shipping info. What gives?
Still mad about the Jak 2 copies being sold out btw.

They won't ship out merch until the correpsonding games do

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
The extra DLC on Tengoku LE is bullshit imo. Man I'm getting sick of their practices.

A game and a box of crap to recycle.. if I'm lucky.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
The extra DLC on Tengoku LE is bullshit imo. Man I'm getting sick of their practices.

A game and a box of crap to recycle.. if I'm lucky.

Yup, not that they care because they will sell out and fast too (thanks scalpers) but I'm skipping this one. Even just to make a point. At least I'll have my dignity.

heisenbrg

Jan 23, 2018
Großfrostheim
Hell no, I don't want them to delay the shipment of the games. Then we'll have a PJM2 situation when a game that should have been shipped in August is still not out to people because of OCD over putting patches on the disc despite all the DLC being ready to press on the disc, which is the real value compared to a patch you can easily download at anytime.
But now we have the problem with Celesete where we maybe have to download the additional levels because they are not on the card. I think it's not okay that i have to download parts of the game. Then in the future we maybe only get a download app on the card and we have to download the complete game because we can get the game faster?

PJM2 was sold just too early.

I know it sucks to wait so long, but i prefer to have every DLC on the card. And i still wait for the shipping of these order:
Oxenfree and West of Loathing
Saturday Morning RPG, Cosmic Star H., PixelJunk M, Antiquia Lost
Golf Story, Broken Age
Cosmic Star H., Headlander, Shantae
Celeste, Iconoclasts

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Another break week for me. I already have Another World on PS4 (and still a little annoyed they didn't release at the same time), and I decided Tengoku is just not a game I want to spend $40 on.

On the plus side, CSH and Butcher are arriving tomorrow, and my KS copy of Mages of Mystralia finally shipped. Glad to put that behind me and never support another KS again.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
According to the Discord, on the latest stream, it was confirmed that Sharin no Kuni missed the physical deadline.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Hell no, I don't want them to delay the shipment of the games. Then we'll have a PJM2 situation when a game that should have been shipped in August is still not out to people because of OCD over putting patches on the disc despite all the DLC being ready to press on the disc, which is the real value compared to a patch you can easily download at anytime. It would be nice if the devs get it out in Feb though, so that it could theoretically be on the disc, since it wouldn't be THAT much of a pushback in that case. (maybe a week or two extra)

the whole point of LRG is preserving digital games on disc, including all dlc and patches tho, i'm personally fine waiting a little longer if it means all patches and dlc will be on disc just because someone that probably won't even open the game wants it sooner

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
How isn't there a bigger backlash that LRG is printing two versions of the same game, one with three DLC and the other with four DLC?

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
How isn't there a bigger backlash that LRG is printing two versions of the same game, one with three DLC and the other with four DLC?
To be honest, I've been reading on the situation and seems to have been mandated by the publisher (Degica), so not much LRG can do here. The fourth DLC is a character from another company (Toaplan) and the licensing fee (paid to whoever owns the Toaplan's portfolio) is included in the collector's edition.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say I'm surprised about that as well. Out of all the things that people have freaked out about (e.g. Best Buy games), this seems genuinely bad for customers.

It probably has something to do with the developer and some kind of parity with the Japanese special edition content. I'll stick with the standard edition, they can keep their $99 on-disc DLC version.

Hope this way of trying to upsell us on special editions doesn't become a thing though.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord, the one with 4 DLC is 2 per customer? Are they nuts?

Apparently not.. thought it'd go quicker.

Last edited:

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Uh, neither of the packages has sold out yet, how weird. Especially when the "remaining inventory" doesn't even seem to be loading correctly.

And while the two Tengoku items are still available, the counter for the next batch already started? At a glance, something went badly. I hope my order is safe.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the Game Tengoku LE.

Pretty sure the way the extra content is sold with each version is also the same way the Japanese version is sold, which also has regular and LE versions for about the same prices. Wouldn't blame LRG here.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so today is the last day to preorder Celeste on Switch. I missed out on the CE and I'm still on the waitlist. I haven't heard anything back yet though!???

I know there's going to be Switch CEs with Fangamer in April, but I don't know if I want to risk that and order the standard just in case. After all, it does say all sales are final.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I was able to grab one Another World CE for Switch just before they were all gone. Why do they allow to order 2 per person? I also pre-ordered Celeste because who knows if I'll make it into the waiting list.
I noticed there is now a PC version of Celeste with all the goodies from the CE including the steelbook but this one is for a BluRay, and it's open preorder, too. I may buy that one as well later.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ok so today is the last day to preorder Celeste on Switch. I missed out on the CE and I'm still on the waitlist. I haven't heard anything back yet though!???

I know there's going to be Switch CEs with Fangamer in April, but I don't know if I want to risk that and order the standard just in case. After all, it does say all sales are final.

I don't think anyone has heard back from LRG about the waitlist yet, they've obviously taken out any multiple orders already and the only stock they'll hold is what they usually do in case they have to replace any so it could be a while before you even hear anything about it. I ended up just ordering the standard, if I can get the CE i'll just sell the standard later on.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
the whole point of LRG is preserving digital games on disc, including all dlc and patches tho, i'm personally fine waiting a little longer if it means all patches and dlc will be on disc just because someone that probably won't even open the game wants it sooner

I think you guys have to accept that LRG is a business first, game preservation second. This is why you are getting incomplete Celeste and 2 versions of Game Tengoku.

Emka

Oct 27, 2017
Skipping Game Tengoku CruisinMix Special.

I was mostly interested in the game because of the Tatsujin DLC, but with it being exclusive to a 100 dollar CE with no other way to have it, I'm just not going to bother.
It was a must buy before. Too bad.

Last edited:

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Problem is you guys needs to stop treating kickstarter like a store. There is a chance you could get something cool and limited, but there is a chance that things don't work out.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Problem is you guys needs to stop treating kickstarter like a store. There is a chance you could get something cool and limited, but there is a chance that things don't work out.

I take my chances when it comes to backing these things for exclusive goods. This is actually the first time an option I backed for didn't turn out. But, it happens, and the funding is first and foremost to get the thing made... HOWEVER, there ARE a couple companies that HAVE used KS as a storefront (Frontwing), so it IS a thing, since the game is actually funded/made, but the physical goods are not.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Hostilely to other posters

Sure, blame the consumer. Fuck off, several companies have stated that they deliberately use Kickstarter as a storefront.

N E R O

Oct 25, 2017
Mississauga, ON
I missed cruising mix, Wil try the second batch, I already have the Japanese version but I will definitely aim for NA release. Too bad that the DLC comes in the higher tier.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Uh oh.... What I thought was a Paypal receipt was an email saying:

"

Want to complete your PayPal payment at Limited Run Games?​

To finish up, go back to Limited Run Games and give your final approval"​

Uhhh anyone else get this? If you click it, it tells you to "continue" but that the item is sold out.

I thought this was my Paypal receipt this morning. My card DID get charged, and I apparently just got my Paypal receipt a few mins ago. Order went through on the site, however I never did get a confirmation email... Things seemed buggy today so now I'm a little worried.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt I'll get a response by time of the second batch (one of those rare people that don't have/use Twitter, too) so I might just order a second copy.... just in case.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Wait What? How? Never heard of this

Read Curler's stuff.. the Paypal payment went through but it looks like stuff sold out in that moment between when payment finished and he got sent back to LRG for confirmation.

Basically it's the terrible Shopify system.

I doubt I'll get a response by time of the second batch (one of those rare people that don't have/use Twitter, too) so I might just order a second copy.... just in case.

I'd say it's about a week for a support response right now. My last 2 Switch games have arrived damaged, but the damage was obviously done before the game was shrinkwrapped. It took a week to get a reply on the first item, but that was simply to let me know that someone else needed to handle it.. radio silence since. Figuring at this point there's a good chance I have to just get a refund on them.. but maybe they have more. Just don't know if they'll ever actually help me.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Read Curler's stuff.. the Paypal payment went through but it looks like stuff sold out in that moment between when payment finished and he got sent back to LRG for confirmation.

Basically it's the terrible Shopify system.

I mean, when I checked out it said it was successful and I have an Order Confirmation. The no email thing is problematic, though, so I'm not sure if it's official, official.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
If you go check your list of orders on the LRG site is it there? If so then I'd say you're gtg.

Yeah it's there too. I'm just getting flashbacks of when I ordered the Zelda BotW Master Edition off Amazon... Order went through, but no confirmation email for like 3 hrs. Mine was one that got cancelled later on, due to too many orders than allotted :/

wesman

Oct 30, 2017
Pittsburgh
I was able to grab one Another World CE for Switch just before they were all gone. Why do they allow to order 2 per person? I also pre-ordered Celeste because who knows if I'll make it into the waiting list.
I noticed there is now a PC version of Celeste with all the goodies from the CE including the steelbook but this one is for a BluRay, and it's open preorder, too. I may buy that one as well later.

They allowed two per person on the 1000 copy Another World CE???? No wonder they were gone in a minute....

I thought the Celeste PC CE popping up was a bit cheesy frankly. They could have given people the option on the same day.