• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
They allowed two per person on the 1000 copy Another World CE???? No wonder they were gone in a minute....

I thought the Celeste PC CE popping up was a bit cheesy frankly. They could have given people the option on the same day.
That's what the description said but a couple of people on Twitter and Facebook claimed that they added 2 copies to their carts and it got reduced to just one upon payment. I'm happy that I could get one.
I agree about Celeste. Maybe some people would have preferred the PC version over Switch.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the 2 per person on the high demand stuff is to reduce shipping labor overhead but maybe I'm just paranoid.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I just read this from the LRG newsletter:

Due to overwhelming demand, we are excited to partner with Fangamer on bringing the Celeste Collector's Edition to PC.

This is being manufactured to demand and is available to pre-order RIGHT NOW! Pre-orders close next Friday, February 8.

In order to provide people who missed the console CE a chance to get those goodies, while still maintaining our promise of a limited amount of the console CEs, this was our solution. It is listed $15 cheaper than the console CEs and includes all the same contents.

We're very thankful to Fangamer for working with us to bring this CE to you!

If only the steelbook was for Switch. I really don't care for PC physical games and I don't even have a DVD drive on my PC anymore, lol.

MulderYuffie

Oct 25, 2017
That's nice of them at least the more they can put out the better IMO. Just isn't for me I don't own anything physical PC games that aren't Bluzzard related and a copy of Sanitarium and Doom 3 funnily enough.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I've been reading on the situation and seems to have been mandated by the publisher (Degica), so not much LRG can do here. The fourth DLC is a character from another company (Toaplan) and the licensing fee (paid to whoever owns the Toaplan's portfolio) is included in the collector's edition.

That explains that.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say it's about a week for a support response right now. My last 2 Switch games have arrived damaged, but the damage was obviously done before the game was shrinkwrapped. It took a week to get a reply on the first item, but that was simply to let me know that someone else needed to handle it.. radio silence since. Figuring at this point there's a good chance I have to just get a refund on them.. but maybe they have more. Just don't know if they'll ever actually help me.

Just out of curiosity, what was the damage?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Just out of curiosity, what was the damage?

One of them looks like someone took a knife accidentally through the case and I think insert on the front, about 3/4 inch long. You can feel the cut but it's shrinkwrapped over that.

For the other, the bottom of the rear insert is jagged with small notches roughed up. It's an area maybe an inch and a half like that (I don't have it in front of me). It's also shrinkwrapped over this.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Hopefully we'll be hearing about this Friday and maybe even most of February soon. It may come as a surprise but I'm noooot a fan of short-term announcements....not sure if I've said that before. ^^

So, uh, yeah, please enlighten us!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So it's been over a month and no emails about the tickets I sent in... :( I reallllly hope they didn't get lost, and in hindsight I should've tsken a photo of them all before sending them out...

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
So rather than watch the boring game last night, I organized my PS4 games alphabetically.. which embarassingly took longer than it should have.

For people who sold off some LRG stuff already, is Ebay the best route? I don't want to get scammed or anything, but I need to thin the heard (LRG and other).

I started the thing out caring about duplicate covers and such and now I'm just pissed I have multiple copies, so I'll boot those first and go from there.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So rather than watch the boring game last night, I organized my PS4 games alphabetically.. which embarassingly took longer than it should have.

For people who sold off some LRG stuff already, is Ebay the best route? I don't want to get scammed or anything, but I need to thin the heard (LRG and other).

I started the thing out caring about duplicate covers and such and now I'm just pissed I have multiple copies, so I'll boot those first and go from there.

EBay isn't free from scammy buyers, either. Craigslist etc. is tough for collectors items though. Sometimes you get lucky for some popular items, but 9/10 you get lowballed.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017

Same help would be appreciate i have a couple of vita game that i want to sell, but it's way harder then i would ahve though....

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
EBay isn't free from scammy buyers, either. Craigslist etc. is tough for collectors items though. Sometimes you get lucky for some popular items, but 9/10 you get lowballed.

Yeah I can't remember if it was here, but some dude sold LRG sealed stuff and then the Ebay buyer sent back bootlegs, claiming that's what he was sent.

That's the sort of thing that has me spooked.

Either way, I'm not expecting to make big bucks, just eliminate duplicates and get most of my money back if possible. I figure I'll lose some on the regular editions but maybe make it up on the special covers like PAX etc.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Yeah I can't remember if it was here, but some dude sold LRG sealed stuff and then the Ebay buyer sent back bootlegs, claiming that's what he was sent.

Either way, I'm not expecting to make big bucks, just eliminate duplicates and get most of my money back if possible. I figure I'll lose some on the regular editions but maybe make it up on the special covers like PAX etc.
That was me, and it was from selling on Amazon.
Still unbelievable what happened.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Just make sure to well-document everything. I don't do eBay sales a lot, but when I do I take tons of pics of me packing up the box with tons of padding etc, just so I don't hear lies about it later.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
That was me, and it was from selling on Amazon.
Still unbelievable what happened.

Ah that's right.. I remember now. Thanks!

Just make sure to well-document everything. I don't do eBay sales a lot, but when I do I take tons of pics of me packing up the box with tons of padding etc, just so I don't hear lies about it later.

This is the part that kills it for me. I have a tough time spending the time item by item unless it's a video card or something.

When I bailed on Neo Geo Home stuff I sold short to get it all to a collector I trusted in one shot, was afraid of the same stuff on a bigger scale. It was still a 5 figure deal, but at least it was worry-free (except the shipping part).

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a few bad selling experiences on eBay, but they're few and far between. I sell anywhere from 100-200 items on eBay per year, so one a year (or less) isn't too shabby.

But yeah, eBay is your best bet. Just make sure you get your shipping cost right or it'll eat into your profit. Right around March/April is the second best time to sell because people are flush with tax refunds. The best time is, of course, Christmas season.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Received Layers of Fear and Golf Story finally, looking forward to playing it!

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, more Kemco trash. Easy pass for me. I think I'd rather play Secret of the Stars than touch another one of their titles.

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of don't want to buy Spelunky since I fear it'll come to Switch a week after this run, and I'd rather have it for that.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading they ordered a bunch of vita games before they end cart production.

logically, that means that should be shipping them out faster since the games are already ordered. i want to believe.

i think i'm going to order more if the turnaround time is fast :)

i also forgot rabi ribi came with a soundtrack. awesome.

Oct 28, 2017
Question guys. I ordered a Jak and daxter pre order on eBay back in December. The order showed shipped about a week later. Seller probably just made the shipping label at the time since the game wasn't ready to ship from LRG.

The site says it would have been manufactured around the middle or so of January. Would the seller have gotten it by now you think and shipped it or what?

Or is LRG really slow about shipping its products?

Thanks.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Question guys. I ordered a Jak and daxter pre order on eBay back in December. The order showed shipped about a week later. Seller probably just made the shipping label at the time since the game wasn't ready to ship from LRG.

The site says it would have been manufactured around the middle or so of January. Would the seller have gotten it by now you think and shipped it or what?

Thanks.

I haven't gotten a shipping notification yet, so you're probably fine... aside from paying scalper prices, of course.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Thanks.

I don't think LRG have even shipped yet, at least I haven't seen anyone post anything about receiving a copy.

LRG can be pretty slow to ship, most of what they sell is all stuff that has to go into manufacturing so they're relying on others to be on time for their estimates to be correct.