• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Well yep, never had that happen before. Got through checkout then told it had sold out. Put it in my cart as soon as the page refreshed and updated.

Little bit miffed. Was hoping I wouldn't have to check tonight since I'm doing other stuff.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
I was just in for Fernz Gate, but man, Spelunky sold out quick. I'm really scared for Fata Morgana Vita.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Quite a lot of people in this thread seem to be missing out, what a bummer.

To be fair Spelunky is a longtime indie darling. It was one of THE most praise worthy indie games last gen. Didn't surprise me to see the standard Vita version go as fast as it did. Don't know if we can expect lesser known niche Vita titles to go just as fast from now on. Fernz Gate Vita had some breathing room. With that said I fully expect another bot situation again, like with Iconoclast.

Same, because I wanted all 4 games, and knew if I tried adding all 4 individually I'd miss Spelunky Vita. Really nice the bundle skipped the CEs.

That was my exact reason for getting the bundle too. I was also pleasantly surprised by the lack of collectors editions.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Just remembered that Rabi Ribi has an alt cover... Was there ever indication it would be on sale online ever, like the others have?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand why LRG continues to publish these Kemco RPGs. What a colossal waste of limited cartridges. Glad I was able to get Spelunky. An extra $45 for a soundtrack, as much as I would love a copy of the soundtrack, is too steep for me.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
On the plus side, all of my 2017 orders are now fulfilled and were delivered very recently or are in transit.
The oldest being from 9/28 when Another World CE was put up for sale. Almost 5 months later.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
Just remembered that Rabi Ribi has an alt cover... Was there ever indication it would be on sale online ever, like the others have?

i dont think they even told people there was a pax variant, i found out randomly by people selling it on ebay while waiting for mine to arrive (and still waiting)

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Come on, every game sells out. Even Mecho Wars sold out. That doesn't mean the games are good.

Quality isn't always what matters. From a business perspective LRG moved product in a timely enough fashion, so there must have been a market for that product. Kemco games sell out after a few days regardless of the title. That's incentive enough to still do business with them. The same can't quite be said for Tokyo 42 from Strictly Limited Games. I wonder if the money spent getting all those physical copies printed was worth it when all was said and done, judging by how long they were sitting on stock.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Can we please be more understanding that people have different tastes? I wanted these Kemco or RPGs more than Spelunky. I may well skip Fata Morgana too

I understand people having different tastes, I'm saying that using the argument "well, it sold out" means very little in a market that's built around limited quantities to force people to buy these games.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing for me today. Even though I've really dialed back my purchases it still feels like I'm getting a new game every other week with all these unfulfilled titles finally shipping.

My only guess about Kemco is that they already had the contracts in place before Sony announced an end to the cartridges. I'm sure most people would rather see those carts converted into an extra allotment of Spelunky though.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
7 copies left of Fernz for PS4, 41 Spelunky for PS4, and 110 for Spelunky's Vita CE.

edit: Fernz PS4 sold out, 32 copies left for Spelunky PS4 and 108 for the Vita CE.
edit2 : Oh, and a whooping 512 copies left of the Spelunky CE for PS4. Guess CE's don't sell much these days?

Fernz Gate for both platforms sold out faster than Spelunky when comparing standard editions.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
My only guess about Kemco is that they already had the contracts in place before Sony announced an end to the cartridges. I'm sure most people would rather see those carts converted into an extra allotment of Spelunky though.

This is why I slso said "contracts" in my statement. Is there still a contract in place? Do they continue to sell out? May not be what fans/customers want to hear, but it's the most plausible reasoning. I don't think they sit and go like "we have this existing contract... but we have fewer Vita carts... let's scrap this crappy game and give people what they want!"

As for LEs, I think it just depends what it is/what is included/how much. Another World sold out super fast both times, last week.

Jan 22, 2018
This is why I slso said "contracts" in my statement. Is there still a contract in place? Do they continue to sell out? May not be what fans/customers want to hear, but it's the most plausible reasoning. I don't think they sit and go like "we have this existing contract... but we have fewer Vita carts... let's scrap this crappy game and give people what they want!"

As for LEs, I think it just depends what it is/what is included/how much. Another World sold out super fast both times, last week.

These contracts are pretty useless.. look at the titles that were already locked down for vita that wont see the light of day from them.... Plus when they were told the carts were limited, they had internally cancelled titles.. so yes, titles can be cancelled, these contracts arent set in stone, there are clearly ways out of the agreement

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
These contracts are pretty useless.. look at the titles that were already locked down for vita that wont see the light of day from them.... Plus when they were told the carts were limited, they had internally cancelled titles.. so yes, titles can be cancelled, these contracts arent set in stone, there are clearly ways out of the agreement

Yeah, but neither of us have the insider info on how/what decisions were made to chose. Sekai (and now also Sharin no Kuni, which has yet to make a formsl announcement on it) is an obvious "these won't make the date, thus contract is void" situation. I don't know what decisions were there, but they DID announce recently that more carts were available to them too, thus more titles. So if they can do a few more titles that are currently available, why not?

You guys act like all these unknown amazing games were scrapped IN FAVOR of Kemco, which we csn't even confirm unless stated.

Jan 22, 2018
Yeah, but neither don't have the insider info on how/what decisions were made to chose. Sekai (and now also Sharin no Kuni, which has yet to make a formsl announcement on it) is an obvious "these won't make the date, thus contract is void" situation. I don't know what decisions were there, but they DID announce recently that more carts were available to them too, thus more titles. So if they can do a few more titles that are currently available, why not?

The question is whether you would have more titles, of questionable quality, less copies per, or fewer titles, of better quality, and more quantity of each... i would choose the better games every chance I get ... Out of the 25 left, not many, if any, are of the quality that Spelunky is

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
The question is whether you would have more titles, of questionable quality, less copies per, or fewer titles, of better quality, and more quantity of each... i would choose the better games every chance I get

Once again, we don't know what the original contracts even were, or if they could even be negotiated to accept more copies, after cancelling other titles. Contracts... are not a quick process and csn take forever. Spelunky spread carts across SEs and LEs, whether people care for it or not. It's not a sure things that no Fernz Gate could add x amount more to Spelunky (at least, in the case of a quality example)....

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
If spelunky comes to switch, I guess I will have a second copy. But as far as I know Spelunky is not planned for switch release (though I think the second one is...)

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Are combine requests honored for products that go "Shipping Soon'" status before the submitted ticket is worked? Probably a rare thing, but Neurovoider is scheduled to arrive next week from Sony.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i wish LRG emails were better optimized because i'd say 95% of the time i view their emails i've had to click the view this email in your browser button because it gets like a quarter through the email and clips it which i generally think will be just the section of the email that has the protective cases and/or LRG branded merchandise so i don't bother most of the time

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Real talk: has anyone redeemed any points for anything other than a discounted game? I'm sure they exist but... I have a feeling most people just want the discount.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017