• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Real talk: has anyone redeemed any points for anything other than a discounted game? I'm sure they exist but... I have a feeling most people just want the discount.
some people did. But I only redeemed it for a discounted game.

I probably could've gotten another discounted game if they let the purchases from the beginning be credited for the rewards system. :T

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
I don't remember them sharing the information... do you think Another World features different languages such as French ?

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised to see that all Spelunky Collectors Editions are still available. Usually the LEs/CEs are the ones that are gone within the first couple minutes.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Unless they are referring to the pax variant.
i dont think they even told people there was a pax variant, i found out randomly by people selling it on ebay while waiting for mine to arrive (and still waiting)

Ohhh.
Damn, so doubtful it'll even go on sale on the site?

Guess I'll have to drop $100 for it online at some point.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I finally got the email confirming my orders being combined but they deleted my points from those two orders when they did so. I'll give it a couple of days to see if it fixes itself.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
It is the very first time I miss an item on the second batch because of a race :o

Anyway, got the PS4 at least. That's the one version where I went to hell and back after all B)

Ramune

Feb 3, 2018
Damn, I might have gone with Gpay if I knew I had to log into my Paypal this time around. Completely missed Spelunky, but got Fernz Gate since I kept hearing good things about its story.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
imagine if you missed vita standard, then gave in and ordered the CE

feels like you are being squeeezed

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
I'm surprised to see that all Spelunky Collectors Editions are still available. Usually the LEs/CEs are the ones that are gone within the first couple minutes.

I was panic-buying the Spelunky CE the second it went up, half way through a film at the cinema because I was sure it would sell out in seconds, then I got home to see I could have just chilled out and picked it up basically whenever.

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
Another Vita release that I miss while checking out ...
First Iconoclast and now Spelunky.
Hopefully I can get them on the waiting list.
Those were the only two games that I missed on the LRG Vita set.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I finally got the email confirming my orders being combined but they deleted my points from those two orders when they did so. I'll give it a couple of days to see if it fixes itself.

I was looking at my points earlier and noticed the same, I didn't have much time to look at it properly but it doesn't make sense, it looked like I was losing points when they combined and now they've just been removed completely. Not surprised they've decided to get rid of it, seems like a massive headache to manage when it doesn't work with combined orders etc. Will give it a few days too and see what happens but I imagine it'll be another ticket to open with them.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
I am surprised Fernz Gate vita sold so fast as well. I know it has an audience, and a loyal one at that, but I didn't think it was that large. But then again Proteus also sold quickly, so maybe it has something to do with more speculators or new collectors trying to jump in before the ship sinks fully.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Huh. Now that you mention it, I did lose a lot of points too
Guess this is one of those things they mean when they say the points system is more trouble than it's worth. If I get my points back I'll probably just get the beanie because I doubt I'd get enough to get to the $5 voucher before they discontinue the points system.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I ended up skipping Fernz Gate. Looked at it and saw a lot of similarities to Asdivine Hearts, which I sorta enjoyed but not enough to keep my physical copy of (ended up selling it).

If they do a physical of Revenant Dogma though, I'll be there.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Got "Fernz Gate" for PSV....I like to play those Kemco RPGs at work. ^^

I was initially surprised at the "Spelunky" CE not selling out, but as others have mentioned, there really is a CE fatigue going on, I think. The price difference is too high and generally speaking, a CE used to be something special, for a few select games; nowadays it's a pleasant surprise when a game does NOT get one. It's just too much.

That being said, I am soooo excited for "Toejam & Earl" and I'll be damned if I don't get the CE for that one :) ...hopefully with little figurines of the main characters, that would be awesome. Always wanted to hold Toejam in my hand.... ^^

But speaking of which, can we expect preorders for this one to go live on March 1? LimitedRunGames
And could you tell us about SE/CE plans and pricing?

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of mad I missed out on the Vita games this week. Intended to get them but got stuck at work and forgot to check in time.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
bought a hole punched LRG title on ebay to open and play. i heard hole punched games belong to sony or something, so i googled the name i sent the money to on paypal.

first hit was a twitter with the bio sony employee, lmao.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone made an official announcement of any sort regarding Sharin no Kuni?
QuerulousMasculineJaguar-poster.jpg

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
bought a hole punched LRG title on ebay to open and play. i heard hole punched games belong to sony or something, so i googled the name i sent the money to on paypal.

first hit was a twitter with the bio sony employee, lmao.

They don't really "belong" to Sony, but more given to the employees that QA'd etc the games. I live near Sony HQ and I see these get sold to used book stores all around the Bay Area. Not specific to just LRG titles, but I see them the most. I think it's mostly from people that don't want to get caught from Sony, but don't want the games anyways. I mean, if it's not games you even want to keep, nor can legitly sell them on eBay (only brave souls do that), I've always wondered why Sony etc bothers to give it to them? It's like "here's a bunch of the games you worked on, but you aren't allowed to sell them". So, a lot of them end up at Gamestops and used bookstores.

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Hole punched just means its an internal copy, not meant to go to stores. They also used to 'give' them out (free with $10 flat shipping) as part of their OnPlaystation program to various retail associates (The progam gives out stuff digitally now). I used to be a member and have a handful of hole punched games. They also used to slash or use a hot metal rod to melt the UPC's if they needed to convert already shrink wrapped copies into internal copies. I have a crap ton of these version. Most of my major Sony published PS3 games, about 30 of my PSP games, and a handful of my Vita games are like this.

I really miss that program, got so much good stuff.

Last edited:

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
I mean, sure it's internal and theoretically not meant to be sold, but I find it a bit creepy to investigate into a seller who's not hurting anybody :3
(of course he needs to precise his games have a hole punched, but to me there's nothing more to add)

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
What a bummer. Cosmic Star Heroine Switch ships with 1.00, updates to 1.01. An update was released Jan 27th. Given that Mighty Rabbit ported this game, I sorta expect it to be complete before they went physical. Disappointing.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I'm so tempted to stock up on Spelunky's. I'm certain the most valuable LRG games in the future will be the *good games*, regardless of print numbers (10k is extremely low for a good game).
But all those CE sku's throw off my expectations. If there were just 6000 regular PS4 copies, I'd have already bought multiples when the purchase limit was removed.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
What a bummer. Cosmic Star Heroine Switch ships with 1.00, updates to 1.01. An update was released Jan 27th. Given that Mighty Rabbit ported this game, I sorta expect it to be complete before they went physical. Disappointing.

it was for a minor bugfix and not to fix a major bug or add content so it's no biggie really. It shipped pretty quickly from the online release which I hope is a thing they do more often going forward

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
it was for a minor bugfix and not to fix a major bug or add content so it's no biggie really. It shipped pretty quickly from the online release which I hope is a thing they do more often going forward

A bug fix is a bug fix. In 10-20 years, when Nintendo takes the Switch update servers offline, that update data will be lost forever. Preserving a content complete game is just as important as the idea of preserving games in the first place.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

You have been asking... and asking... and asking for ToeJam and Earl details, and boy do we have them.@toejamandearl standard editions open for their 45-day pre-order this Friday, February 15!

Limited Collector's Editions go on sale 2/15 at 10am & 6pm EST.
Not interested personally but good for those who have been waiting for this!

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
A bug fix is a bug fix. In 10-20 years, when Nintendo takes the Switch update servers offline, that update data will be lost forever. Preserving a content complete game is just as important as the idea of preserving games in the first place.

I mean, I like having all the DLC and content updates on the disc/cart if possible as well, but I buy these games to play, and since even a seemingly complete game can get an update a year or so later if the devs feel like it, there's no telling when a game is considered truly complete. Keep in mind the Switch has a feature where you can transfer update data over local wireless, so it's not like a theoretical server shutdown (which would take eons and is so far off now that there's other things to worry about) would kill said patch forever. It seems pretty silly to be disappointed that minor text fixes aren't on the cart and only take a minute to download as a patch that nobody would miss even if it did get lost. Obviously though, anything that fixes bugs, adds new content or does anything significant even if it's adding a new item should absolutely be included with the game if possible, I don't think anyone's denying that. (Which is why I'm glad that Game Tengoku is an all in one deal)

That sort of stuff is why PJM2 pissed everyone off by taking eons to get shipped since they planned to ship it out after the DLC launched (in August) only to delay it due to a critical balance patch, followed by yet another one due to another patch. If they ended up patching that game with a typo fix tomorrow and it pushed things back by 2-4 months it would just make everyone lose it having to wait more for something that should have been in people's hands last December once the DLC and the balance patches were out.

And when it comes to the whole "preservation" argument, it's funny people say that considering how LRG signs games that are in no danger of being removed while not seeming to do much about the games that are at actual risk of delisting. Mainly Mummy Demastered. Heck, MD is the one I've been waiting on a physical Switch cart for a while and I thought it would be a no brainer considering how the license WILL expire soon, but it seems like it's not happening... I don't mind that they do sign the stuff they do now, since I enjoy getting them and supporting the indies who make the games (and to also save space on my Switch's memory), but I kinda wish that Mummy was out already. Maybe a Pinball FX physical with every current table pre-loaded as well, or one for Zaccaria. It wouldn't be the most complete since they always update but PFX has a bunch of licenses that could go poof in a few years, if the South Park table and TPA's situations are any indication.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
This is far far worse for preservation.
Switch games and updates are a nightmare. If the cart sees any updates, it will forever require those updates. So if the servers eventually go offline, and you don't have the update because you just bought the game used, or had your memory card randomly fail, or foolishly deleted the update to save some space, then the game will basically be bricked.

Edit: Please note. This is hearsay. I haven't tested this issue myself, I've left all my carts in a un-updated virgin state. But I've heard it from several places, so it's most likely true.