• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 11, 2018
I wish the standard editions of Bloodstained had reversible cover art. Although what's up with Zangetsu's long neck on the NES style box? :D

I'm still undecided whether I should try to get the CE or not. I want the soundtrack, but don't necessarily care for the other stuff.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
So I got my copy of Shantae for switch - I own it digitally but wanted it physical as well. I popped the cart in and all was well, however now my switch won't run the digital version. Whenever I try to run it it says it needs an update and if you click on download it just brings the same message up again.

I've tried restarting, deleting and re-downloading but to no avail. It only works if the cart is in and if I try to launch without it says it needs an update but won't download anything. Anyone know what's going on?

I've tried googling this issue but all I can find is people pirating Switch games.

Edit: Shit, I see the issue. The digital version is 1.0.0, whereas the card version is 1.0.1. Now that I put the card in, my system will always say the digital version is outdated unless there is a digital update to bring that version in line with the LRG one. Damn.

Last edited:

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Umm, points. We've passed the cutoff and can't earn anymore now, right?
Meaning we should just blow whatever we have on stickers or whatever ASAP, right?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, last day to use points is March 30th.

For digital? Guess I'll redeem a coupon or something... Kept saying something like I had like 600/900 points availsble, so kept being short for the next coupon denomination. As for the physical ones, I think I'm back up to 10 again, since they keep getting sent.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
For digital? Guess I'll redeem a coupon or something... Kept saying something like I had like 600/900 points availsble, so kept being short for the next coupon denomination. As for the physical ones, I think I'm back up to 10 again, since they keep getting sent.

Yeah for the digital points.
I've enough for a $5 off thing so I guess I'll use it on that.

500 for $5 off
900 for $10 off
1000 for "free"

Hmm. Was that free tier lowered?

CyberCocktail

Nov 9, 2017
I don't think so, I know the "price" of that tier tripped me up at first, so I do believe it was always 1000 Points. I guess the rationale is that being able to choose the game you're saving money on is worth quite a bit, because the free tier only gives you a mystery game and no choice?

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
so we have to send in our tickets before March 30 you mean? Also, does anyone know how to view how many points you've built up based on the new system since they moved away from tickets? I am not certain where in my account I can view this? Thanks!!

Just go to the LRG website and you'll see it at the bottom of the screen.

I'm confused. Are they killing that off too?

The new points thing introduced this year? Yeah, I'm surprised you missed all the talk about it here.
Last day to earn points was the 8th.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Just go to the LRG website and you'll see it at the bottom of the screen.

The new points thing introduced this year? Yeah, I'm surprised you missed all the talk about it here.
Last day to earn points was the 8th.

I had tickets coming out my ears so I didn't pay much attention. The rewards sorta suck I think. Best case is a mystery duplicate to sell.

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm at 360 points so I guess I'm getting myself a beanie. Do I just redeem the prize and then on Friday I put it in my order?

The-JUV

Oct 25, 2017
No, tickets don't have an expiry, they haven't even finished mailing them out yet. We're talking about digital points ending.

oh I think I've interpreted the whole thing wrong, I thought they were killing the tickets reward system and having everything move to the digital points. So it is the digital points that is ending and the ticket system is not going away for their reward program? thanks and sorry for all the questions!

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
oh I think I've interpreted the whole thing wrong, I thought they were killing the tickets reward system and having everything move to the digital points. So it is the digital points that is ending and the ticket system is not going away for their reward program? thanks and sorry for all the questions!

It's all going away.

The new rewards system is the joy of buying a limited run game.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I'm at 360 points so I guess I'm getting myself a beanie. Do I just redeem the prize and then on Friday I put it in my order?
Tapping redeem on something tosses the item in your cart, and gives you a discount code for 100% off that item. So you need to add the code while checking out on Friday. Or at least that's my understanding, I haven't checked out my stuff yet.

They're both dead now. You have all the digital points you'll ever get now, cash em out. When you have every 2018 order in hand, you'll have all the physical tickets you'll ever get and should cash them in.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Tapping redeem on something tosses the item in your cart, and gives you a discount code for 100% off that item. So you need to add the code while checking out on Friday. Or at least that's my understanding, I haven't checked out my stuff yet.
Guess I'll find out on Friday for sure.

About the combined orders: Did they keep the 2-month combine limit like they originally said or is the only limit the $500 order total like the site currently says? LRG needs to stop sharing half-baked ideas before locking down all the details because I shouldn't be confused about something this simple.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Edit: Shit, I see the issue. The digital version is 1.0.0, whereas the card version is 1.0.1. Now that I put the card in, my system will always say the digital version is outdated unless there is a digital update to bring that version in line with the LRG one. Damn.

Tweet this to WayForward. They should tell you if there is going to be a patch for the digital version.

The-JUV

Oct 25, 2017
thanks everyone for your help with this points shit! I think I have enough 2018 orders remaining that I'll have 40 tickets exactly to claim 1 free game at least lol

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
About the combined orders: Did they keep the 2-month combine limit like they originally said or is the only limit the $500 order total like the site currently says? LRG needs to stop sharing half-baked ideas before locking down all the details because I shouldn't be confused about something this simple.
The 2-month time limit was discarded. There's a reasonable time limit now, if *anything* in your hold isn't ready to ship, you can continue adding to the hold. If an order hits $500 or everything is in stock and ready to ship, then you can't add anymore to it.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure, trying to reopen the case and constantly badgering the post office trying to get my package.
Hit me up on PM if you can't get a replacement copy. I accidentally ordered a second one that I'm looking to offload or send back.
Thanks.
Hopefully I can get things worked out though.
Same thing happened with a NISA order.
Moving sucks.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I completely missed that the reward program was already ending.

All 2018 orders should get tickets? My Shantae and CSH didn't have them

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I can feel that Yooka Laylee is so close. It's at the delivery office. Been waiting to play that game since it was announced being a huge Banjo fan, but I wanted it on a Nintendo console and on a physical version. It's dedication, I didn't even buy it digital first. It must be like that way.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Do you guys think they'll make a physical Hellblade for Switch? That would be awesome but I don't expect the whole game to fill on a normal cartridge, so they'll probably have to use bigger carts or a separate digital download. Do you think Limited Run is interested in something like that? The game would end up costing more I think.

mr lurtle

Oct 27, 2017
Saw a tweet from LRGSupport yesterday where they said they cannot process a redemption if your emailaddress is not legible which shouldn't be a problem if the tickets where tied to the account so I think they are bluffing :D

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Is that really confirmed somewhere?
I honestly find it hard to believe they track those individual ticket numbers for the tens of thousands of orders placed last year.
Yeah I have serious doubts about that too. I think they're just saying something like that because if you think about it, these tickets would be really easy to counterfeit.
What I expect they would do easily is just quickly glance at your account and see how about how many games you ordered. That'd only take a minute and make it obvious when somebody has a lot more tickets than they were given.