• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Euman

Oct 25, 2017
so is the Celeste dlc for sure, or are they just delaying manufacturing in hopes that they can do it?

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
so is the Celeste dlc for sure, or are they just delaying manufacturing in hopes that they can do it?

Yep, keyword being "attempt". A lot of people, myself included at first, took it for a fact. There's still a risk we won't get the final build.

Manufacturing Delayed till April to attempt to get "Thank You" DLC on the physical release.

The Messenger pages are now live @ LRG

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
How do the waitlists usually work? I signed up for the two Vita Bloodstaineds and the Switch LE. Will I know if there's one on the waitlist for me before the open preorders for the PS4/Switch vanilla copies close?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
How do the waitlists usually work? I signed up for the two Vita Bloodstaineds and the Switch LE. Will I know if there's one on the waitlist for me before the open preorders for the PS4/Switch vanilla copies close?
i think they only go into motion after the LE copies have shipped and there's no need for replacements to be sent out

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
At most, the same amount as Breach & Clear.
During the fireside chat recently it was confirmed it was more than Breach and Clear which means there are more copies than could theoretically be full sets out there.

They stated the plan is it goes first to full set peeps. Then folks with all but 1, then all but 2, etc etc until they run out.

So if you have a ton of Vita LRG releases, you have a good chance I'd say.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
During the fireside chat recently it was confirmed it was more than Breach and Clear which means there are more copies than could theoretically be full sets out there.

They stated the plan is it goes first to full set peeps. Then folks with all but 1, then all but 2, etc etc until they run out.

There's also the fact that they have to spare a few copies for replacements.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017

Bleh. No chance for me then!

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
you underestimate nintendo collectors, they're crazy AF

even more than Vita collectors

Not for the Wii U. Yeah, Nintendo collectors are crazy but it's about certain systems. For the longest time, Virtual Boy stuff was considered worthless garbage not worth the money for example. The Wii U is sort of in that stage currently. The mindset will probably change in the future, but right now, it's not the most collectible system even for what few exclusives it still has (W101, Splatoon 1, Paper Mario Color Splash).

To make matters worse, it's a region-locked game (so there will very few, if any, purchases from outside NA) that is also available on every other system physically, including the Switch.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but at the moment it looks to me like LRG is gonna keep a lot of those 6000 copies for a good while.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Not for the Wii U. Yeah, Nintendo collectors are crazy but it's about certain systems. For the longest time, Virtual Boy stuff was considered worthless garbage not worth the money for example. The Wii U is sort of in that stage currently. The mindset will probably change in the future, but right now, it's not the most collectible system even for what few exclusives it still has (W101, Splatoon 1, Paper Mario Color Splash).

To make matters worse, it's a region-locked game (so there will very few, if any, purchases from outside NA) that is also available on every other system physically, including the Switch.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but at the moment it looks to me like LRG is gonna keep a lot of those 6000 copies for a good while.
You're gonna be proven wrong. Oh and the region lock will not be noticed by a lot of overseas buyers. lol

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

6000 copies of the last physical Wii U game ever isn't going to last long

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I've seen sooooo many WiiU complete set collectors on retro Youtube channels. THIS will be something they want, otherwise their sets will be totally incomplete. Add to the fact that WiiU was one of the easier full sets to go for, due to not as many games released for it... It's not something I want, but good luck to everyone on here fighting out for it :x

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Most collectors won't be buying it to play so region lock isn't too much of a negative.

Axiom Verge can easily be played elsewhere.

It feels like a lot, but I think it will go fairly quickly.
Will be interesting to watch.

Last edited:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I think Axiom Verge will definitely sell out but it won't be in seconds like other releases. It may even take longer than a day.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen sooooo many WiiU complete set collectors on retro Youtube channels. THIS will be something they want, otherwise their sets will be totally incomplete. Add to the fact that WiiU was one of the easier full sets to go for, due to not as many games released for it... It's not something I want, but good luck to everyone on here fighting out for it :x
But do you really think there are over a thousand people with a full Wii U set right now looking to add one more game?

OP
OP
GodzillaDB

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
If it hasn't already mentioned in this thread, the developers behind The Messenger and Special Reserve have confirmed their physical release won't come with the "Picnic Panic" DLC set for this summer.

Are we actually going to know what the exclusive Messenger covers look like before the preorders end?
According to a comment from the CEO of Special Reserve, Limited Run's cover variant supposedly won't be revealed until after the pre-order window closes. Doesn't hurt to hold out as long as possible to see if it does happen to be unveiled before April 2nd though.

Last edited:

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
If it hasn't already mentioned in this thread, the developers behind The Messenger and Special Reserve have confirmed their physical release won't come with the "Picnic Panic" DLC set for this summer.

According to a comment from the CEO of Special Reserve, Limited Run's cover variant supposedly won't be revealed until after the pre-order window closes. Doesn't hurt to hold out as long as possible to see it does happen to be unveiled before April 2nd though.

I mean, this was to be expected since they'd have to delay the games a really long while in order to get it done and I don't think people would want to wait an absurdly long amount of time for the DLC to be put on the disc after they bought the game. That's kinda why I'm hesitant about Celeste's Delay since if the update does launch next month then it would be fine but if it doesn't and then the switch version takes until june to ship then that was just a waste of time when it only takes a few seconds to download from either the internet or another switch. I'm willing to give some leeway on the PS4 one though since those are easier and faster to produce

Sad to hear about the LRG variant though. Seems SRG is kinda screwing over LRG so I may end up going with the former's version of The Messenger when I get paid, since I found it decent enough on Switch and wouldn't mind buying it on PS4.

OP
OP
GodzillaDB

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this was to be expected since they'd have to delay the games a really long while in order to get it done and I don't think people would want to wait an absurdly long amount of time for the DLC to be put on the disc after they bought the game. That's kinda why I'm hesitant about Celeste's Delay since if the update does launch next month then it would be fine but if it doesn't and then the switch version takes until june to ship then that was just a waste of time when it only takes a few seconds to download from either the internet or another switch. I'm willing to give some leeway on the PS4 one though since those are easier and faster to produce.
When it boils down to physical pressings and their respective DLC, I'm willing to wait possibly years in an effort to insure these games are as complete as possible. I take several issues with publishing perspectives where stuff that's being prioritized for physical preservation are titles that still receive technical updates over others that have been finished. There's basically no excuses in regard to Digital Devolver's catalog since Hotline Miami and its sequel, for example, haven't been patched for quite some time yet Messenger has to be punted out right now for whatever reason plus their PS4 release for Enter the Gungeon was already outdated before it landed in our hands. The developers of that game, ironically, announced a string of final updates right around when it went up for sale on Special Reserve's website and the belated and, consequently, 'expanded' Switch release was already being teased by SRG at that point. Everything made all the more frustrating since Reserve has a notably long-winded release schedule that hasn't improved too much over nearly two years compared to other companies. That's made further relevant if you believe the murmurs behind Devolver's partnering with Nighthawk Interactive for a retail treatment for Gungeon on Switch instead of leaning fully on their own publishing branch for it.

If you've been buying for the major niche publishers, like Limited Run and Play Asia, several months or more of waiting in between the initial purchase and delivery are common practice for better or worse. What's holding out for a couple more months going to truly do outside of certain customers being "impatient" when they might receive additional content that's more bang for their buck? In terms of preservation, it's tremendously unfortunate these type of titles suffer from folks unwilling to wait when it's possible this very physical run might be the sole chance of this game ever being conserved in gaming history? If some really detested these delays for the physical game or openly embraced the idea of downloading associated content anyway then they could easily just process the game from their preferred online store to their hard drive as it was originally made available as a digital title. Funnily enough, the exact state of affair that these hard copy businesses were supposed to save us and the work of art from in the first place. I hope developers will opt toward longer physical release plans and offer internal discussions about any future DLC with such publishers in the future so that players and historians will be able to cherish tangible, finalized copies of their beloved video games.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The reality is they already got your money. They face charge backs and complains from people getting impatient waiting, but nothing from people who are getting incomplete game. Remember, many people buying a game like Celeste are first time buyer with limited release games. They don't know waiting is the norm.