• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017
Friday looks like it will be an absolute bloodbath. Jak 3 AND Lumines Remastered on the same day?!

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
hoping LRG puts lumines on 5 minutes early so i can get jak 3 easily without having to mess around with 2 listings

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I wonder why? (I'm still sitting here waiting for my LEs to manufacture, anyhow).
I assuming that Jak 1 is a more highly regarded game than the other two, as Jak II and 3 are more "edgy" which is why it was crazy expensive. Though I love all the Jak games, so I'm still trying to get the CE for all of them. Just need 3 and X.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Considering how much the reseller value dropped off for Jak II, hopefully this is a much easier grab.

I've been monitoring it for a couple months now, and I can practically guarantee scalpers are not going to be super interested in Jak 3. Jak 2 is barely sitting above MSRP.

I am curious if that Lumines box is going to sit there for a month because no one wants to spend $140 on a light up box.

Additionally, I'm debating if I want the deluxe version of the vinyl or the regular. The variant has a cooler color scheme but the original is technically more rare?

Electricb7

Oct 27, 2017
I missed the Jak 2 drop becasue of my terrible friend. But I will try and get this one even though its the worst of the 3 Jak games. I still thinks its fun.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bought Lumines Deluxe. Almost bought the $140 variant...but just can't. Just seems like it's too pricey for what amounts to some lights on the box and a couple of little extra things for double the price.

Will probably end up ordering a regular copy for PS4 or Switch in a week or two, too.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
site took me to the waiting in line thing twice and timed out both times

some how managed to get jak and lumines tho, annoying about there being no hold thing now because the last of my held stuff is supposed to ship out in late may and jak 3 is supposed to be early june so they could've just bundled them together and saved on shipping costs

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed regular Lumines and Jak to save on shipping. Glad I didn't get into the Jak CE's. I already had Lumines loaded in cart so checkout was really slow considering I was there in a couple seconds.

I feel like they need to grow up and have a real web store. This thing is too slow.

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yikes - completely forgot about this. Nabbed a Deluxe Edition of Lumines on the Switch. Would have been cool to nab Mizuguchi's autograph. This is the second time I've actually missed out on this opportunity - the first time being when he came to Australia for a video game exhibition.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
anyone know if ordering 2 ps4 games will automatically come with a box?
Don't know about recently, as I haven't ordered much since the hold system was killed. But pre hold system, 2 PS4 games was absolutely bubble mailer. I think I had some mixes of 3 PS4/Vita games that bubble mailered too. I doubt this sort of stuff changed for the better over the years.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
First time I've had an item go out of stock when in the checkout process. What I get for trying to do it on my phone. Now to try for later today.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like all the hardcore collectors and scalpers went for the $140 version of Lumines- seeing the Deluxe version still in stock for PS4 and Switch right now.

There's already ridiculous reselling going on, lmao.
D5FdqZFU0AEoc8S.jpg

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I'd buy the deluxe version if it had the poster and keychain instead of the LP. I literally have no use for an LP. I guess I'll get the regular one instead.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I'd buy the deluxe version if it had the poster and keychain instead of the LP. I literally have no use for an LP. I guess I'll get the regular one instead.
this is one thing that really bugs me with CE's, they always come with vinyls now but in the rare case it does come with a CD it's usually just a sampler disc

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
this is one thing that really bugs me with CE's, they always come with vinyls now but in the rare case it does come with a CD it's usually just a sampler disc
At least Nicalis releases had a mini CD so it would fit inside the Switch case so it made sense. I don't see why a full size CD shouldn't have the entire OST.
Maybe LPs are so overprized that they go the extra mile and pay to license the full OST to justify the prize?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Grabbed regular Lumines and Jak to save on shipping. Glad I didn't get into the Jak CE's. I already had Lumines loaded in cart so checkout was really slow considering I was there in a couple seconds.

I feel like they need to grow up and have a real web store. This thing is too slow.

I really wonder if it's more up to internet connection... I use a wired PC for every one of my purchases and never had an issue, beyond a couple of those Shopify errors/slowdowns from the past, where everyone had issues with it taking forever (and yet still managed to get in). That's why I've always wondered if it's the site, or does the fastest connection win?

(Besides, at least you've never tried to check out on Pokemon Center when a very anticipated release comes in... enjoy the fact that sign in/add to cart/cart are all flash based and won't even WORK when the servers are full...)

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder if it's more up to internet connection... I use a wired PC for every one of my purchases and never had an issue, beyond a couple of those Shopify errors/slowdowns from the past, where everyone had issues with it taking forever (and yet still managed to get in). That's why I've always wondered if it's the site, or does the fastest connection win?

(Besides, at least you've never tried to check out on Pokemon Center when a very anticipated release comes in... enjoy the fact that sign in/add to cart/cart are all flash based and won't even WORK when the servers are full...)

No it's their server load. I was in today in seconds, 10-12 max. I'm on a 200Mb/s+ connection wired. And honestly my internet connection is crazy enough that it's constantly monitoring ping times to 3 sites around the US and if anything exceeds tolerances it automatically fails over to another ISP.

Either way there is no lag in getting to the "you're in line" screen so that wouldn't explain it anyways. I rarely have trouble but today I was in immediately and then stared at the "you're in line" screen for 1-2 minutes.

Last edited:

Boylamite

Feb 12, 2019
Snagged the Lumines ultimate edition for switch this morning... since there's only 600 copies made I was shocked my order went through. Very happy it did though! I actually had to check out twice... the first time in the checkout line I got a 404 error, but I somehow managed to go through the process again successfully and in enough time to still secure a copy. Stressful!

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Whew picked up Jak 3 after forgetting to set an alarm for the morning sale.

Noticed that the shipping for each CE has gone up each time. Jak 1 was $5.50, Jak 2 $8.00 and now Jak 3 costs $12.75 to ship.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
I'm honestly surprised Lumines isn't more popular. Then again I guess if you don't have a record player there is really no reason to get anything other than the base copy or the Ultimate.

OP
OP
GodzillaDB

GodzillaDB

Oct 25, 2017
Opening post has been updated with the latest releases from over the past two months plus adjustments have been made to the upcoming titles lists.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I'm honestly surprised Lumines isn't more popular. Then again I guess if you don't have a record player there is really no reason to get anything other than the base copy or the Ultimate.
I was kinda interested in trying out vinyl records just out of curiosity but apparently any turntable below $200 is crap =/
That's just too expensive for me.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
I was kinda interested in trying out vinyl records just out of curiosity but apparently any turntable below $200 is crap =/
That's just too expensive for me.

The Audiotechnica Lp60 or whatever its called is pretty good for its value. It's on sale for $89 right now. It's fully automatic too so you don't need to deal with any knobs or placement of the needle.

Oct 28, 2017
So I was amazingly, somehow, able to order Jak 3 earlier today to my surprise. And it's still showing as in stock. The others were out of stock the same day. Did they produce more for jak 3 or are ppl just not as interested in it as 1 and 2.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
so, there's no way to split up an order after it has already been made, right?

I ordered Danmaku unlmited, a flip grip and Celeste in one order when they were up for order and with the news of Celeste being held off until the DLC is done (the right choice, btw) I probably won't be getting those items for a long ass time, huh?

not a huge deal, I guess.