• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
sure, but their lrgsupport twitter doesnt get too many inquiries... being a sale day today, there was maybe 10?

If it's the same people working on email tickets as well, then there's probably waaaaay more than that. There's no way in a small company like that, that they would have a person's only job to to handle social media inquiries.

Jan 22, 2018
If it's the same people working on email tickets as well, then there's probably waaaaay more than that. There's no way in a small company like that, that they would have a person's only job to to handle social media inquiries.

But if they cant answer 10 questions on their twitter support a day, then they prob shouldnt have one and just stick to email. I tried once a few weeks ago for help on twitter, no response, and was on a day when there was maybe one other tweet to them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BMCPHAIL808

Oct 29, 2017
But if they cant answer 10 questions on their twitter support a day, then they prob shouldnt have one and just stick to email. I tried once a few weeks ago for help on twitter, no response, and was on a day when there was maybe one other tweet to them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Again, you don't understand how social media works in the context of customer service. Businesses large and small run some of their support through Twitter and I don't know of any company, including the largest ones like UPS, Best Buy and Targer that have a 100% reply rate or anywhere close to it. It's just one more tool to address the squeakiest wheels, not every inquiry. .

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Again, you don't understand how social media works in the context of customer service. Businesses large and small run some of their support through Twitter and I don't know of any company, including the largest ones like UPS, Best Buy and Targer that have a 100% reply rate or anywhere close to it. It's just one more tool to address the squeakiest wheels, not every inquiry. .

The bottom line is that they aren't equipped to do Twitter support so it shouldn't be an option. I can open a Twitter support case with UPS, Amazon, EBay, Discover, Best Buy, etc and get a response at any time due to how they are structured.

With LRG I can open a Freshdesk ticket and get help in a month or Twitter and hope maybe they respond at all. If you are just going to randomly respond then it isn't an effective means of support.

BMCPHAIL808

Oct 29, 2017
The bottom line is that they aren't equipped to do Twitter support so it shouldn't be an option. I can open a Twitter support case with UPS, Amazon, EBay, Discover, Best Buy, etc and get a response at any time due to how they are structured.

With LRG I can open a Freshdesk ticket and get help in a month or Twitter and hope maybe they respond at all. If you are just going to randomly respond then it isn't an effective means of support.

When is the last time you reached out to LRG customer service? Their turnaround time now is like a day at most. Also, you cannot open a Twitter case with UPS, Best Buy or any other company. If they happen to respond to you, you can possibly get an answer. Most of the time, they will either not respond or tell you to call or e-mail customer service. I've actually tried to use Twitter customer service for both UPS and Best Buy in the last few weeks and I didn't get a response from either one. Anyway, Twitter is just one more tool and there is no rule that says any company has to respond to every customer service tweet and as I've said, no company does.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Meat Boy? Its really the only thing I want from LRG unless they have more SNK games coming up. On the bright side, my Spelunky CE arrived today and its fab, really pleased with it. Glad I switched to spending a bit more money on the games I want (Bloodstained, KOF, Spelunky) vs going for everything they release on the Vita, I spend a little more per game, but it feels justified.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
When is the last time you reached out to LRG customer service? Their turnaround time now is like a day at most. Also, you cannot open a Twitter case with UPS, Best Buy or any other company. If they happen to respond to you, you can possibly get an answer. Most of the time, they will either not respond or tell you to call or e-mail customer service. I've actually tried to use Twitter customer service for both UPS and Best Buy in the last few weeks and I didn't get a response from either one. Anyway, Twitter is just one more tool and there is no rule that says any company has to respond to every customer service tweet and as I've said, no company does.

I've had a few LRG cases and only one very trivial one was handled promptly. The rest were 5+ weeks. My last significant case began in late January and resolved in mid March. That isn't too long ago.

I had a Best Buy case in January. UPS in Feb. Discover Card in April. Ebay in April. FedEx just this morning early. All of these were prompt and successful Twitter support cases with each of these companies.

So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because our experiences are polar opposites.

BMCPHAIL808

Oct 29, 2017
I've had a few LRG cases and only one very trivial one was handled promptly. The rest were 5+ weeks. My last significant case began in late January and resolved in mid March. That isn't too long ago.

I had a Best Buy case in January. UPS in Feb. Discover Card in April. Ebay in April. FedEx just this morning early. All of these were prompt and successful Twitter support cases with each of these companies.

So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because our experiences are polar opposites.

That was almost three months ago and yes, they have increased staffing levels and greatly improved response times in literally the last month. Lots of people are reporting issues resolved in a day or two.

I've had the opposite experience with Best Buy and UPS. It's not about agreeing to disagree, it's proof that companies don't run the 100% response Twitter support you are claiming and that's it's unreasonable to hold a much smaller company to a standard the majors can't even maintain.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Got the shipping email for my Spelunky Collectors' nearly two weeks ago, and it still hasn't even left the US for the UK yet. Is that normal for the company LRG uses? I wasn't expecting super-fast shipping or anything but this is like shipping speed from 1923 or something.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
That was almost three months ago and yes, they have increased staffing levels and greatly improved response times in literally the last month. Lots of people are reporting issues resolved in a day or two.

I've had the opposite experience with Best Buy and UPS. It's not about agreeing to disagree, it's proof that companies don't run the 100% response Twitter support you are claiming and that's it's unreasonable to hold a much smaller company to a standard the majors can't even maintain.

I use Twitter for these companies all the time. It works so much better than the regular support. I honestly don't care if you agree or not.

And I've had so much poor support from LRG over YEARS that I'll believe it when I see it. You don't erase years of poor support with a couple months of anecdotal reports.

And in terms of being unreasonable, no. It isn't unreasonable to be sent the wrong product or damaged product, then expect resolution in less than 2-3 months. It is not reasonable to be sent damaged defective product, then when you contact them immediately be told that there are zero replacements. It isn't unreasonable to expect better than several months response when they double ship you product and you try to be honest. It's also not ok to be threatened with credit card charges for shit they shipped thst you didn't order while you're just trying to be honest and get a return shipping label. If you want to lower the bar to the floor because they are small fine, but it's not ok.

Honestly I'm just assuming at this point that this is a new employee shill account.

I'll say it again, I love their product. I'm glad that they are working to improve support and I'll be glad to see it. I've spent thousands of dollars with them and will continue to do so. I just think they moved away from consumer friendliness along the way here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Got the shipping email for my Spelunky Collectors' nearly two weeks ago, and it still hasn't even left the US for the UK yet. Is that normal for the company LRG uses? I wasn't expecting super-fast shipping or anything but this is like shipping speed from 1923 or something.
Its not the most reliable tracking, or all that fast either, so it might just be the case that it'll take longer to arrive. I've actually just received mine yesterday in the UK, so hopefully its not too much longer for you :)

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they put whatever Vita games they're releasing on either the 17th or 24th so I can get them shipped together :(

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Its not the most reliable tracking, or all that fast either, so it might just be the case that it'll take longer to arrive. I've actually just received mine yesterday in the UK, so hopefully its not too much longer for you :)

I dunno why I'm bothered really, I've been waiting months as it is and it's not like I'll play it anyway, it's just annoying that I can watch a slow tracking page now! Hopefully it's the case that it'll just turn up out of the blue, good to hear they're arriving at least.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno why I'm bothered really, I've been waiting months as it is and it's not like I'll play it anyway, it's just annoying that I can watch a slow tracking page now! Hopefully it's the case that it'll just turn up out of the blue, good to hear they're arriving at least.

i think they've said in the past that they send out international orders in bulk, for me it's generally 2 weeks of ded and then it wakes up and i generally get it within 7 days

NDPsycho

Oct 27, 2017
I use Twitter for these companies all the time. It works so much better than the regular support. I honestly don't care if you agree or not.

And I've had so much poor support from LRG over YEARS that I'll believe it when I see it. You don't erase years of poor support with a couple months of anecdotal reports.

Honestly I'm just assuming at this point that this is a new employee shill account.

I'll say it again, I love their product. I'm glad that they are working to improve support and I'll be glad to see it. I've spent thousands of dollars with them and will continue to do so. I just think they moved away from consumer friendliness along the way here.

Your experience is anecdotal as well. I've had nothing but awesome experience with each of my support cases, so I can believe that their experience is as valid as yours, probably more so, as you have a long history of complaining about everything LRG. No reason for the baseless claims of shilling simply because someone doesn't agree with you.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Your experience is anecdotal as well. I've had nothing but awesome experience with each of my support cases, so I can believe that their experience is as valid as yours, probably more so, as you have a long history of complaining about everything LRG. No reason for the baseless claims of shilling simply because someone doesn't agree with you.

First off, I'd remind you that I expressed interest in "agree to disagree". The response to that was basically no, you are wrong. Suddenly March is forever ago and nothing I've experienced is possible.

I'm far from the only person with months long support tickets with this company. Many have been documented in this very thread.

Regardless I'll take your point and stop participating in the thread so we can all pretend they are a great fan-friendly company.

Last edited:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
such a pickle i'm in, i set myself a 2 games minimum from LRG to combat the shipping charges but i only want doctor dekker this week because i'm a sucker for FMV games

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Got my KOF 97 CE today. Its wonderful, but my a minor little complain is that the shock box is technically based on older NG game cases and not the snap lock cases (which KOF 97 would have used). But that's really no complaint at all, the case itself is fab and its so nice to have a physical SNK Vita game on my shelf.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i wish LRG gave us some better alternative options to the held order thing before killing it and offering us the third party company that has no DDP, i tried asking the support twitter if i was to get doctor dekker and a-train would they be able to merge the orders because they're released so close to each other and got told they couldn't because the service had been discontinued so now i have the choice of getting these both games and paying $30 in shipping or not at all but i guess it doesn't really matter because there's probably hundreds of other people wanting these games that won't complain about the shipping

LimitedRunGames

Verified
Nov 2, 2017
i wish LRG gave us some better alternative options to the held order thing before killing it and offering us the third party company that has no DDP, i tried asking the support twitter if i was to get doctor dekker and a-train would they be able to merge the orders because they're released so close to each other and got told they couldn't because the service had been discontinued so now i have the choice of getting these both games and paying $30 in shipping or not at all but i guess it doesn't really matter because there's probably hundreds of other people wanting these games that won't complain about the shipping
I'm not really sure what to say that hasn't been said. We were one of the few offering hold orders and it was clear why others weren't doing it, it was a lot more work than we thought it would be and was a bottleneck in shipping. :(