• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meleina

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sort of at the point where I'll only buy LRG games if I can get more than one in an order. Preferably 3 but it doesn't happen often. Otherwise I just skip.

Luckily for next week I'll have Aegis and the VR game.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really sure what to say that hasn't been said. We were one of the few offering hold orders and it was clear why others weren't doing it, it was a lot more work than we thought it would be and was a bottleneck in shipping. :(

there's a pretty big difference between you and the other limited run businesses tho, i think most put out maybe 1 game a month or less so they wouldn't really need a hold system whereas with you guys you're putting out anywhere from 2-4 games a week sometimes and there's probably multiple games i'm interested in ordering so the $15 per game/package soon adds up

if you were to put a lower limit on held orders like 3-6 games with an LE being counted as 2 or 3 games of that total then it would've been a lot easier financially for us international buyers.

BMCPHAIL808

Oct 29, 2017
there's a pretty big difference between you and the other limited run businesses tho, i think most put out maybe 1 game a month or less so they wouldn't really need a hold system whereas with you guys you're putting out anywhere from 2-4 games a week sometimes and there's probably multiple games i'm interested in ordering so the $15 per game/package soon adds up

if you were to put a lower limit on held orders like 3-6 games with an LE being counted as 2 or 3 games of that total then it would've been a lot easier financially for us international buyers.

I'm not sure why it matters how many games they put out and when. The fact that you want more of LRG's games is interesting, but it doesn't change the fact that no other companies are offering a hold service. If LRG just did one game a month, you would still be in the same position, it would just be spread out more.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why it matters how many games they put out and when. The fact that you want more of LRG's games is interesting, but it doesn't change the fact that no other companies are offering a hold service. If LRG just did one game a month, you would still be in the same position, it would just be spread out more.

the fact that i'm ordering multiple games from them in such a short period is why i'd be using the hold service, if i buy 4 seperate games in a month that's $60 on shipping, you should know about international shipping prices as LRG staff, whereas with the hold system it would cost just under half of that at $24 instead, i don't really understand why you find it interesting that i want more of LRG games than from the others when most of them seem to get absorbed by LRG and from what i've seen mostly the rejects go to other companies and the rest that they get are what they beat LRG to i guess

BMCPHAIL808

Oct 29, 2017
the fact that i'm ordering multiple games from them in such a short period is why i'd be using the hold service, if i buy 4 seperate games in a month that's $60 on shipping, you should know about international shipping prices as LRG staff, whereas with the hold system it would cost just under half of that at $24 instead, i don't really understand why you find it interesting that i want more of LRG games than from the others when most of them seem to get absorbed by LRG and from what i've seen mostly the rejects go to other companies and the rest that they get are what they beat LRG to i guess

I understand that you want to pay as little as possible, but it doesn't change the fact that nobody else is offering combined shipping and that it was a tremendous burden for a relatively small number of buyers that hurt shipping times for everyone else. If you really want a game, you just have to factor shipping into the cost, just like US buyers do when they buy internationally.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that you want to pay as little as possible, but it doesn't change the fact that nobody else is offering combined shipping and that it was a tremendous burden for a relatively small number of buyers that hurt shipping times for everyone else. If you really want a game, you just have to factor shipping into the cost, just like US buyers do when they buy internationally.

as i've said in the past, they added time to each held order themself by making people submit combines for every order instead of just at the end when they wanted to ship everything and it probably didn't help that PJM2 probably held up a good chunk of orders last year with the constant delays the game had

also for comparison strictlylimitedgames is either $7.60 for a regular game which can go up to 5 games based on weight factors or $11.60 for an LE, no idea about redart because i couldn't find any shipping prices for them

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
as i've said in the past, they added time to each held order themself by making people submit combines for every order instead of just at the end when they wanted to ship everything and it probably didn't help that PJM2 probably held up a good chunk of orders last year with the constant delays the game had

also for comparison strictlylimitedgames is either $7.60 for a regular game which can go up to 5 games based on weight factors or $11.60 for an LE, no idea about redart because i couldn't find any shipping prices for them
SLG and redart cost a lot more for America buyer.

NDPsycho

Oct 27, 2017
you should know about international shipping prices as LRG staff

Since it's been implied a couple times in the last few pages. Do you work for LRG or are some just latching onto it because it fits the narrative? Personally I don't care, as you seem more reasonable than many, but I'm still curious if there's any justification.

I also get it that people don't want to pay more (seriously, who would?), but it's already been explained that it wasn't worth it to them due to the problems caused and extra cost involved. If they haven't seen a drop in sales enough to offset that, does anyone think complaining on a forum is going to get them to walk it back? I like that they still bother to even take the time to explain these things and stop by, it's a good look for them when it would be easier to just ignore.

I think most of us have had to re-evaluate how much we're buying, many for different reasons. This is just another reason for some. Clearly it's not hurting them, and that's ok. I'm glad they've found success and I'm still happy to support the releases that I can, I've just had to accept that I can't buy as much as I once did.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Since it's been implied a couple times in the last few pages. Do you work for LRG or are some just latching onto it because it fits the narrative? Personally I don't care, as you seem more reasonable than many, but I'm still curious if there's any justification.

I also get it that people don't want to pay more (seriously, who would?), but it's already been explained that it wasn't worth it to them due to the problems caused and extra cost involved. If they haven't seen a drop in sales enough to offset that, does anyone think complaining on a forum is going to get them to walk it back? I like that they still bother to even take the time to explain these things and stop by, it's a good look for them when it would be easier to just ignore.

I think most of us have had to re-evaluate how much we're buying, many for different reasons. This is just another reason for some. Clearly it's not hurting them, and that's ok. I'm glad they've found success and I'm still happy to support the releases that I can, I've just had to accept that I can't buy as much as I once did.

the complaining worked last time when they for some reason tried to sort it into seasonal batches, aside from the costs my main problem with it this time is they just shipped it off to myUS and didn't try to come to some sort of feedback agreement with the people who repeatedly buy from the website

NDPsycho

Oct 27, 2017
the complaining worked last time when they for some reason tried to sort it into seasonal batches, aside from the costs my main problem with it this time is they just shipped it off to myUS and didn't try to come to some sort of feedback agreement with the people who repeatedly buy from the website

I think you could argue that success either way, given how short lived the new process was. It just seems clear that they've concluded it isn't worth catering to that segment of their customers. It would be interesting to have some insight into just how it impacted their sales after making the changes, but I doubt we'll ever get those details.

I'm not trying to downplay how much it impacts you by any means. I wouldn't be happy either. I kind of wish I had waited for all of Red Arts vita games to have been available and picked them up in one order, instead of each one by itself. For LRG releases, that really isn't feasible at all.

BMCPHAIL808

Oct 29, 2017

No, I don't work for or have any personal relationship with any limited company. I'm just a collector who buys from the various companies like everyone else. I just feel like LRG gets a lot more criticism than the other companies despite constantly trying to do better and actually interacting with their customers and so when something strikes me as an unfair criticism, I share my opinion.

NDPsycho

Oct 27, 2017
No, I don't work for or have any personal relationship with any limited company. I'm just a collector who buys from the various companies like everyone else. I just feel like LRG gets a lot more criticism than the other companies despite constantly trying to do better and actually interacting with their customers and so when something strikes me as an unfair criticism, I share my opinion.

Thanks for the clarification that none of us were really entitled to, maybe it can stop now, though I generally go into most things with low expectations.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
That A-Train game looks rough. I realize it's beloved by a lot though, but that's a hard skip for me. I was going to go for a full LRG VR collection, but the last release and this broke it up for me. Can't all be winners!

Oldmario I feel your pain. I'm in Canada, and the hold orders was a godsend. Although, i've really taken a look at what I was ordering, and as a gamer 1st, collector 2nd, I was buying a lot of stuff I didn't actually want.

As much as it sucks, I've really taken a step back and really thought my purchases through since then and have skipped a lot of releases which was a blessing in disguise.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Man, A-Train is a sweet get (I even talked about it recently in an article I wrote about genres that were missing from Vita - I'd have loved an A-Train title on it!)

Would've been all over it but I do think I'm out because of the shipping costs. I'm in for the final few Vita titles but after that I think I'm done - I know none of their competitors offer it either, but the majority of the ones I buy from are significantly cheaper for me in Europe.

Chas Hodges

Nov 7, 2017
RE: The hold order /combination order stuff - it's put the cost up as an international buyer massively. I understand the logistical issues, as well as the pure organisational nous needed to keep everything ordered, but maaaaaan it hurts my wallet when almost every sale day is an extra $22 in shipping for me to the UK.

Thank goodness tax is prepaid or I'd be totally out at this point.

mr lurtle

Oct 27, 2017
Except for finishing up the vita releases because the end is so close the removal of the hold order systems just made me more picky and in the end I'm saving money. Actually I don't think I bought any PS4/Switch title this year so far. I really hope the remaining vita titles aren't spread too thin and we get 2 or more titles per sale.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
it's also worth mentioning on top of the hold system being gone that they've discontinued the option to combine orders so if you're buying internationally and you miss out on 1 of 2 or 3 games in the first batch on friday and then get them in the 2nd batch you have to pay shipping twice that day

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i must be some high level moron, goodbye $12 extra on shipping because i didn't want to miss another FMV game

i just hope it's easy to get cover/case replacements from LRG because no doubt the myhermes guy that aascendia pass the package off to will some how damage the game

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
After buying since Breach & Clear, my first problem with LRG shipping happened.

Since my package shipped on 4/29 my zip code is wrong.
I had the same zip code for orders before this date and everything was fine.
Maybe now LRG's system isn't acknowledging the first number (which is a 0) and this error makes the packages go to a whole different part of Brazil. They are going to a little city in the middle of Northeast instead of where I live in the Southeast.
This problem can probably happen to other customers.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
After buying since Breach & Clear, my first problem with LRG shipping happened.

Since my package shipped on 4/29 my zip code is wrong.
I had the same zip code for orders before this date and everything was fine.
Maybe now LRG's system isn't acknowledging the first number (which is a 0) and this error makes the packages go to a whole different part of Brazil. They are going to a little city in the middle of Northeast instead of where I live in the Southeast.
This problem can probably happen to other customers.

I had the same thing happen to me as well. There was probably an issue with the shipping labels that cut off the first digit of my ZIP code and all my packages are being directed to the wrong address. I got to rescue one of them by calling this other city's post office right as they were getting ready for deliveries, but I don't want to think what'll happen if I don't catch them at the right time with the three other packages I have coming. Also, the issue of having to call them to correct something that should've never been an issue, as my ZIP code was always the same on my account.

LimitedRunGames EvilGizmo

Oct 27, 2017
Quick questions for you all, since you seem to be in the loop more.

1. Just saw on Twitter the finished product of Bloodstained: COTM's collectors edition, meaning it's probably coming soon. But any word on the Toejam and Earl one?

2. Similar question with the Best Buy variants. They just put up the Switch edition of COTM on Best Buy, but wouldn't TJ&E come first if going by release? Heck, I ordered from LRG (opening the BB versions) and haven't heard much on those.

Thanks beforehand

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I bought a copy of Saturday Morning RPG Vita on Ebay for $40. I was super surprised when it came sealed. Will look good next to my Breach & Clear.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas

1. Just saw on Twitter the finished product of Bloodstained: COTM's collectors edition, meaning it's probably coming soon. But any word on the Toejam and Earl one?

2. Similar question with the Best Buy variants. They just put up the Switch edition of COTM on Best Buy, but wouldn't TJ&E come first if going by release? Heck, I ordered from LRG (opening the BB versions) and haven't heard much on those.

Thanks beforehand

This page should help you:
https://limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017

supposed to be shipping out in may you can find updates on when stuff is expected to ship here https://www.limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

they probably put out what they can get their hands on first, i guess TJ&E will be later because of them putting it into production later

Oct 27, 2017
supposed to be shipping out in may you can find updates on when stuff is expected to ship here https://www.limitedrungames.com/pages/production-updates

Thank you both. How the hell did I miss that page? Also, just got a shipping alert for the COTM CE, so thanks for the good luck.

they probably put out what they can get their hands on first, i guess TJ&E will be later because of them putting it into production later

Good to know, will definitely keep an eye out

asheliaX

Feb 3, 2018
The Seychelles
Did anyone pick up an extra copy of The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker? Can't believe I missed it. I would be willing to pay a small markup if someone wouldn't mind selling me a copy. Just shoot me a pm. Thanks

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver

Also there was an email update on this last night:
[TR][TD]

Greetings,
First of all, we want to deeply apologize for the fact that it's taken us such a long time to publish this update and for all the inconvenience and anxiety this has caused for our backers. Today we want to share with you all the information we can disclose at this point.
Development of the VITA version
As we announced in a previous update, development of the VITA version has been completed and it is now in the final stages of its production. However, as we cannot disclose its current status in full due to contract restrictions with the publishers, we want to use this chance to let you know as much as possible.
In summary, the team has decided to cancel our current contract with our previous publisher, Limited Run Games (LRG), and entrusted the manufacturing and part of the distribution of the physical VITA version to a different company.
The reason for cancelling our previous contract and changing partners is not due to any kind of problem between us and Limited Run Games, but to the development troubles that this project has been suffering and the subsequent delays provoked by them. Essentially, the risk of not meeting the manufacturing deadlines for printing the game in North America (were Limited Run Games is based) became too high.
Our initial plan was to increase the priority of the VITA development in order to meet the deadlines that LRG shared with us, and we devised a schedule that would have led us, in principle, to be able to deliver a product to LRG on time. But, since this schedule was really tight, it didn't allow any space for unexpected issues to be found during any of the development or checking processes.
At that point, Limited Run Games offered us the possibility of eliminating the risk related to not meeting the North American deadline by releasing us from our previous contract and allowing us to partner with a publisher that would not be affected by this deadline. LRG introduced us to this new publisher, and from that point onwards we began drafting our new contract.
We would very much like to share the name of our new publisher with our backers, but as the new contract is still in its final stages, we cannot disclose that information at this time. However, we would like to state that Frontwing has faith in this new publisher to provide a high-quality product and we will share more information with our backers as soon as possible.
Although this is adding to the continued delays in the development that the VITA version is undoubtedly suffering, we can safely say its production is still ongoing.
However, we absolutely understand that these changes and delays are causing inconveniences to all of our backers and we wish to express our apologies that we cannot reveal more about the situation. Please rest assured that we are all working as hard as possible to give you more information as soon as we can.
Development of the Steam version
The game itself is now in the final debugging stages, but due to the age of the software, some problems related to getting everything to the quality expected by our backers is taking more time than what the team initially expected. More specifically, the game sometimes crashed when launched on systems running newer Windows OS.
The problem mentioned above was solved by replacing the entire base program and, although there are still some minor fixes left, they are not as severe, and so we will soon be submitting the game to Steam for the evaluation process.
In the next update we also plan to share some captures from the game. After the game is submitted and preparations are finished, we will also be able to let you know a more concrete release date for the digital version. Until then, we must ask you to wait a little bit longer.
This project is the result of the cooperation between many developers and publishers, and the project team takes responsibility for not being able to adhere to the initial schedule and want to deeply apologize for it.
However, as always we are still determined to deliver both the game and its rewards. Thank you for your infinite patience.
Re:Sharin no Kuni Project Team
[/TD][/TR]​

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I watched MLiG's M2 documentary today (early access, everyone else gets to watch it next week IIRC) and it was really good. Everyone should watch it once it goes up on MLiG's YT page.

EDIT: It's actually up for everyone tomorrow.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I wonder how many Switch games will they release in total. I suspect it's going to be the biggest collection out of all. Around 200 games, is it possible? I'm collecting them all and I wonder how much space will they occupy in my home.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I've been checking The House in Fata Morgana's ESRB rating daily and they finally added the PS4 version today, it's coming anytime now.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Did you see went up this morning? Just turn on subtitles if you need English translation.

I watched it this morning and it was amazingly well done. I feel stupid for not buying more of their virtual console releases now.

I've been checking The House in Fata Morgana's ESRB rating daily and they finally added the PS4 version today, it's coming anytime now.

Someone in the LRG discord said the next Vita release wasn't until the 31st. Don't know how accurate that is but I feel it coming soon too.

Last edited:

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Man that M2 video probably deserves its own thread. Just skimmed it for now, will have to set an hour aside for this. Wow.

OMG typo from hell at 59:53 (shpmupulations.com should be shmuplations.com)

Last edited:

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Anyone have an extra LRG ticket? Me and a buddy combined what we had and we're 1 short. If you do, message me and let me know how much please.

Jan 11, 2018
About those neat art cards, I'm assuming there's one made per format - but are they random? It seems there are 3 different ones for Bloodstained, but looking at eBay listings not everyone got the same card for the same format?

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
About those neat art cards, I'm assuming there's one made per format - but are they random? It seems there are 3 different ones for Bloodstained, but looking at eBay listings not everyone got the same card for the same format?

You mean the trading cards? Different amounts are produced for every game. Has nothing to do with platform of purchase. One is just inserted randomly. Some are rarer then others and you can also get gold border variants of every card.

You can see a list of all cards here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S784sbNad1MpnXgyknr0E3nI0I2MvjeLNVJQpiZJEtE/edit#gid=0