• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Tell that to Curler and the Rabi-Ribi variant they lost. There's still room for improvement, lots of room.

It's the one LRG I had to eBay >_> I don't use Twitter much, but part of that was the reliance of this thread that I use for news, moreso. Was mostly surprised nobody posted it. However... it didn't show up on the site until a few hours before release, which like never happens (and I'm still asleep being Pacific time).

The only other time this happens are for surprise CD bundles or whatever, but if it's something I'm going for anyways, I'll be awake to see it.

Jan 11, 2018
Any news on more PS3 games? I'm crossing my fingers for:
  • Battle Princess of Arcadias
  • Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
  • Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I thought it was confirmed already? They already have the alternatve cover art sheets up for it, which they have done for almost all of their Best Buy releases.
This was my thoughts as well.
Just take a look at the games product pages on LRG. Scroll down and it says BB isn't a lock.
Best Buy may be receiving a small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk.

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well, if BB doesn't go through with it... I'll go digital.

My BB has these LRG just sitting, so they might eventually pull out completely.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Guess I'm getting the mega bundle tomorrow. Actually has everything I want. This is also my LAST purchase for Vita, so one thing I don't need to worry about anymore!

Debating on getting the River City Girls for Switvh preorder too... The whole Best Buy uncertainty thing has me worried now :/

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone missed out on Toe Jam, Messenger, or Bloodstained for Switch shoot me a PM.

I'll do a FS post or setup Ebay when I get organized but those just rolled in and I'm moving away from Switch when possible.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious, what made you decide to move away from Switch?

I just never use it. I'd rather have better performance than portability.

I also dislike changing the little carts, which is dumb.. but it is what it is. I'll still grab the first party stuff and watch eShop sales. Mostly I played it as a portable and I'd gotten into a bad habit of grabbing a game on PS4 or Steam + Vita. I'd started doing the same with Switch but the price is higher in general and it's assenine to begin with.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
I just never use it. I'd rather have better performance than portability.

I also dislike changing the little carts, which is dumb.. but it is what it is. I'll still grab the first party stuff and watch eShop sales. Mostly I played it as a portable and I'd gotten into a bad habit of grabbing a game on PS4 or Steam + Vita. I'd started doing the same with Switch but the price is higher in general and it's assenine to begin with.

Okay cool, we both feel the same way! I really only buy exclusives for the Switch so my collection is fairly small. PS4 is certainly more appealing to me as well. I really wish LRG would do open pre-orders for PS4 more often.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Update from Matt Makes Games (now EXOK) re: Celeste:

Celeste Chapter 9: Farewell
Saying goodbye is never easy. Finding the right way to send off the characters and world of Celeste was especially difficult for us, but we're very excited about what this chapter became. Here's some details:

Chapter 9: Farewell is a new story chapter for Celeste, releasing 9/9/2019 for free on all platforms*.
It contains 100+ new levels, bringing the game's total to over 800!
Over 40 minutes of new music from Lena Raine. (Purchase the soundtrack on Bandcamp!)
There's several brand new mechanics and items to discover and play with.
Reconnect with beloved characters for a final goodbye.
This chapter doesn't have a B- or C-Side.
To unlock it, simply complete Chapter 8.

Also, we want to mention the Limited Run physical Celeste release. We know that people have been waiting for that to ship for a long time. Now that Chapter 9 is finished, it will enter production shortly. Thanks so much for your patience.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
People complained about Vita titles being sold two per customer, now LRG decides to omit the information from the listings entirely.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
They are selling out in two minutes anyway so of course they are taking the free money :P

And people are gladly handing them extra money for no reason whatsoever. Again, the sooner this ends, the happier I'll be.

maybe it's just me but i haven't seen the purchase limit on listings since they switched to this new design

It's just you, they're always listed:

"WARNING: This item is limited to TWO per customer."

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks having them reveal certain information on Twitter using their personal accounts. I couldn't hang with following them, for differing reasons.

mr lurtle

Oct 27, 2017
And people are gladly handing them extra money for no reason whatsoever. Again, the sooner this ends, the happier I'll be.

Don't get me wrong. I'm totally with you. Just finishing up Vita because at this point I might as well. Otherwise I'm basically done with LRG since they stopped the hold of orders system.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
So when does it stop you from buying multiple copies?
After I made my order I put 2 of the same Vita versions into a new cart and took it all the way to the final "Pay" screen.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I was F5ing the front page for fun. Both Vita games soldout nearly simultaneously at 7:01, the mega-bundle soldout at 7:02, and the Jay and Silent Bob CE at 7:04.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
After I made my order I put 2 of the same Vita versions into a new cart and took it all the way to the final "Pay" screen.

I don't think it does, they've always just manually checked orders weren't duplicates and cancelled those who tried. Vita games on their own sold out pretty quickly but the soundtrack bundles are both still there.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Got 'em. Love the Vita, but add me to the list of people who just want to get this over with now.

They went live around 5 seconds before the countdown ended for me.
I noticed this as well. The PS4 games were up even slightly earlier, maybe 20 or 30 seconds before the end of the countdown.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Revenant Dogma PS4 still available!

I don't think it does, they've always just manually checked orders weren't duplicates and cancelled those who tried. Vita games on their own sold out pretty quickly but the soundtrack bundles are both still there.
I'm almost sure in the past with certain big games I wasn't able to add more than 1 to my cart. You may be right though.

And yeah, misc bundles with Vita games or expensive LEs still take a bit longer. The soundtrack bundles are almost out though.

Mr Bungle

Dec 11, 2017
PayPal requested that I change my password upon login, so I did that. Seems they think I have suspect activity on my account. .

Got both Vita games and order went through fine.

PayPal sends me email they are investigating the order and that it'll take up to 72 hours. Same account I've used since day 1 of LRG but I think that's based on just having changed my password

Hope PayPal doesn't mess this up otherwise I may need to buy the soundtrack versions as backup!

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i think it's basically josh, doug or the other LRG staff that combs through the list to make sure the same addresses or people didn't buy more than they should