• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
i think it's basically josh, doug or the other LRG staff that combs through the list to make sure the same addresses or people didn't buy more than they should
So if there's no limit stated on the page. Why would people not think they could order an extra?
Again, that's just going to make sales go quicker and leaves less chance for people who only want 1 copy during the sale.

SPIN!

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
Got through the checkout process fast and fine this week unlike last week where I got held up in the queue for ages and almost missed out. But now PayPal are holding the payment with some nonsense about regulations require us to review selected transactions more closely so the payment is pending and will be reviewed within 72 hours. Should I be worried about this? It is the same PayPal account, credit card and obviously ordering from the same site that I have used for every single Vita release so nothing about the activity should have triggered this. Based on a Google search of this in general it seems the general consensus is that it is a completely random spot check people get from time to time so I think it should be fine in that regard but LRG themselves won't cancel the order if the payment is pending while this nonsense review happens will they?

EDIT: Just saw above that I am not alone but PayPal never made me change my password.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I was going to get Super Meat Boy but I've recently sold off my vita and all it's games i had (actually still waiting for whoever won the Ebay auction to pay for the Vita and waiting to be paid for my last remaining game Uncharted).

SPIN!

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
A lot of people on the Discord with the PayPal pending thing too. Obviously not random and something about the site has triggered something with PayPal.

zenosparadox

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, the pending thing happened to me too. No idea what happened. I thought checkout went normal.

EDIT: I didn't have to change my password or anything.

SPIN!

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
My theory I thought of on the Discord is that Damascus being in the games names has caused PayPal to flag the orders since the automated systems probably think we are trying to fund something in Syria with that being the capital. This would line up with the fact it is saying it is due to some kind of government regulation causing the review. I'm sure the review process will be fine since humans can catch the error the automated systems made but the question is will the orders get cancelled by LRG for pending payments instead of being paid before that review process finishes? With how many people it has impacted Doug said he has brought it up internally but hasn't updated since.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
My theory I thought of on the Discord is that Damascus being in the games names has caused PayPal to flag the orders since the automated systems probably think we are trying to fund something in Syria with that being the capital. This would line up with the fact it is saying it is due to some kind of government regulation causing the review. I'm sure the review process will be fine since humans can catch the error the automated systems made but the question is will the orders get cancelled by LRG for pending payments instead of being paid before that review process finishes? With how many people it has impacted Doug said he has brought it up internally but hasn't updated since.

This actually sounds possible. Mine went through mine, but the description is just "September 6th Mega-Bundle" with no titles listed.

SPIN!

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
This actually sounds possible. Mine went through mine, but the description is just "September 6th Mega-Bundle" with no titles listed.

Yeah that makes me more convinced it is probably what has happened since my order was the individual Vita games so it does show the names in the description. If the site was being flagged itself then the mega bundle and Jay & Silent Bob would have issues too. Too many people impacted to be random too.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
You can make unpaid claims after no pay in 48 hours of the sale ending.
I know. But im not sure where these people are located. What if in N or S Carolina, and they got bigger shit to worry about? Right now if I'll just wait the week and cancel when Ebay gives me the option to without getting them a not paid mark and relist then.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I know. But im not sure where these people are located. What if in N or S Carolina, and they got bigger shit to worry about? Right now if I'll just wait the week and cancel when Ebay gives me the option to without getting them a not paid mark and relist then.

If you click on "send invoice" you can see their address on there. I just did it right now for someone who won just last night and hasn't paid right away. I've had my fair share of no-pays from people that aren't in a hurricane zone. Plus you lose out on your final fees being refunded if you don't dispute it.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
If you click on "send invoice" you can see their address on there. I just did it right now for someone who won just last night and hasn't paid right away. I've had my fair share of no-pays from people that aren't in a hurricane zone. Plus you lose out on your final fees being refunded if you don't dispute it.
When i get the option after a week, i get my fees refunded. Just checked on 2 auctions won by same guy that i cancelled a couple days ago.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I was thinking the same thing due to prior issues with PayPal like this.

EvilGizmo

Nov 14, 2017
For the Paypal issue, it's not something we've ever seen before. Based on what folks have sent me regarding the message they received it looks like those payments will eventually go through (the orders are listed as "pending" in Shopify). We're going to setup something following tonights batch so that the limited items from today don't get auto-restocked like normal due to cancelled payments just in case the pending Paypal cases go wonky, that way we'll be able to recreate those orders next week as opposed to them getting restocked and other folks buying them. So if you're having this issue, and your payment ends up getting declined causing the order to get canceled, open a support ticket and we'll get something sorted out.

Regarding the limits not getting posted to the product page, I'll bring that up directly in our next meeting.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Regarding the limits not getting posted to the product page, I'll bring that up directly in our next meeting.

1 per customer for Vita please.
Is this enforceable via the site? Because if not, and the limit isn't listed then there's no reason for a customer to suspect they can't order more than 1 without issue (thus limiting sales for others).

There's only 5 titles left, and everyone's hungry.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
See, I knew I wasn't going crazy.
This wasn't happening this morning. Now it's enforced...

d70Ueft.png

NDPsycho

Oct 27, 2017
For the Paypal issue, it's not something we've ever seen before. Based on what folks have sent me regarding the message they received it looks like those payments will eventually go through (the orders are listed as "pending" in Shopify). We're going to setup something following tonights batch so that the limited items from today don't get auto-restocked like normal due to cancelled payments just in case the pending Paypal cases go wonky, that way we'll be able to recreate those orders next week as opposed to them getting restocked and other folks buying them. So if you're having this issue, and your payment ends up getting declined causing the order to get canceled, open a support ticket and we'll get something sorted out.

This isn't limited to this week. It happened to me last Friday for my Revenant Dogma purchase and again today. Last Friday, it cleared after about 14 hours, curious to see how long this one takes. The good news is that it did clear. I've used PayPal for many other transactions during the same couple of weeks, and only my 2 with LRG have done this, so there is something that has changed in the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
@EvilGizmo

Any clarification if River City Girls will have its variant at Best Buy? Hoping to know by Monday for my Shenmue order, so I can at least add the Switch copy, just in case the Best Buy deal doesn't work out >_>

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, just got an email from Paypal saying that my pending payment for the Damascus games has gone through.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
so i'm logged into LRG & paypal both, anything else i should do to try to increase my chances at this shenmoo 3 LE in about half an hour? besides pray? ughhh why is there no limit on purchasing

also is there a thread for this, i should prolly check the shenmue community one here too

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Weird bug when checking out for Shenmue. Said I had a plastic game case in my cart, said there was an error, but then proceeded to check out. Ok then!

BTW, River City Girls IS coming to Best Buy. After uncertainty with comments, I Googled it and a couple Tweets said that it would be coming to Best Buy for sure, but not until around October.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Got a copy of Shenmue.

I don't go for LEs very often anymore, but it's Shenmue 3 and that Dreamcast case was just too hard to resist.

edit:

about 1000 units left after 5 minutes

just under 800 copies left after 10 minutes

EvilGizmo

Nov 14, 2017
That sounds like it might be a completely different issues. The 72 hour pending payment was only a widespread issue with the Damascus games. If you're paying with an eCheck, those do always pend for a period of time.

This isn't limited to this week. It happened to me last Friday for my Revenant Saga purchase and again today. Last Friday, it cleared after about 14 hours, curious to see how long this one takes. The good news is that it did clear. I've used PayPal for many other transactions during the same couple of weeks, and only my 2 with LRG have done this, so there is something that has changed in the last 2 weeks.

NDPsycho

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds like it might be a completely different issues. The 72 hour pending payment was only a widespread issue with the Damascus games. If you're paying with an eCheck, those do always pend for a period of time.

It was an identical email from PayPal both weeks (used the same cc, not an eCheck). I didn't get one today though.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Need some announcements now, nothing left on the schedule for the coming weeks, I don't think?