• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Flashback also had its own CE and regular editions straight from the publisher, I think.
yeah, i got it recently too so i might look into seeing if i can sell my copies of flashback and another world and either coming out on top with a bit extra or making it a straight conversion like i have been able to do in the past with these collections

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know how long it usually takes them to restock the plastic protective case covers?

The PS4 ones have been out of stock for a bit and I wanted to order one along with River City Girls, but I'm running out of time.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My Fata Morgana CE came today and when I opened it, I was disappointed to see that the cardboard setting inside was all torn up and bent! I think LRG are fine and I've had a lot of good experiences with them, but I want to call this out on the off chance somebody else has the same thing happen. If anyone else had this happen, post here so LRG can be aware that there must be some issue at the factory.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
My Fata Morgana CE came today and when I opened it, I was disappointed to see that the cardboard setting inside was all torn up and bent! I think LRG are fine and I've had a lot of good experiences with them, but I want to call this out on the off chance somebody else has the same thing happen. If anyone else had this happen, post here so LRG can be aware that there must be some issue at the factory.
Inside the box? I'll check tomorrow. Haven't opened it yet. (Vita version)

SigmaCloud

May 8, 2018

Mine was pretty similar. The cardboard that separates the game and the OST was ripped and is just barely holding together on one side.

Oct 28, 2017
Yep mine was the same, insert was beat up and ripped in some places, the poster was a little scuffed as well.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mine was pretty similar. The cardboard that separates the game and the OST was ripped and is just barely holding together on one side.
Yep mine was the same, insert was beat up and ripped in some places, the poster was a little scuffed as well.
I forgot to say I have the Vita version, but it's clear this is a factory issue then. I will send an email to LRG with a link to this page so they can at least be aware of it and bring it up with their manufacturing partners. While it isn't the end of the world, it IS a bummer when you pay for a premium product and it arrives somewhat broken. Not being able to hold the game and music cases in place limits how you can store the thing.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I forgot to say I have the Vita version, but it's clear this is a factory issue then. I will send an email to LRG with a link to this page so they can at least be aware of it and bring it up with their manufacturing partners. While it isn't the end of the world, it IS a bummer when you pay for a premium product and it arrives somewhat broken. Not being able to hold the game and music cases in place limits how you can store the thing.

Oh jeez....now I'm so very worried about my PSV CE which is on the way across the Atlantic. This was a pricey one, I'd really like to have it damage-free.... :-/

Meleina

Oct 25, 2017
I should be getting my Fata CE next week but it's disappointing to hear that the inserts were damaged, especially considering how much the item already costs. I usually open my games when I'm ready to play them but I guess it's best if I do this sooner than later for Fata...

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
My outer box has a crease running from left to right near the bottom so I'm guessing when I open it I'm gonna see some damage as well.

I also have that add that the way the game was packaged was terrible. It was in a box barely bigger than the CE, with my copy of the London Mysteria Detective game stuffed in a box already too small and to pad the sides there was basically some folded paper.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda interested in Duck Game tomorrow. Too bad the PS4 version is a bit of a buggy mess. Not sure how it compares to the Switch version.

Blacksark

Nov 21, 2017
How can I know how many copies of a game are left? I would like to buy planet apes when there are more games available, but don't want to miss out.

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
I was catching up with the excellent HG101 when I came across this mostly glowing review of "The MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories" (whew, that's a mouthful). I knew this was a SWERY/Arc Sys joint but I thought for sure it was stuck in dev hell. I didn't even know it was out!

So has anyone asked LimitedRunGames about this game yet? They do have a history with Arc Sys. It's freaking 40$ CAD digital-only (lowest it's ever been was 30$). As a fan of Deadly Premonition, I wouldn't mind J.J. on disc if I'm ever to play it. This part of the review really sold me on the game (but I'm sure it's Japan-janky as fuck)

See, J.J. is required to cut off her arms and legs frequently, or even cut herself down to a severed head, in order to solve puzzles. She can cut off an arm, then pick up the severed arm and throw it. She can use the lower half of her body as a counterweight while crawling with the upper half. And in addition to severing body parts, she can also set herself on fire to light up the darkness or burn things, and she can snap her neck in order to reverse gravity.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I was catching up with the excellent HG101 when I came across this mostly glowing review of "The MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories" (whew, that's a mouthful). I knew this was a SWERY/Arc Sys joint but I thought for sure it was stuck in dev hell. I didn't even know it was out!

So has anyone asked LimitedRunGames about this game yet? They do have a history with Arc Sys. It's freaking 40$ CAD digital-only (lowest it's ever been was 30$). As a fan of Deadly Premonition, I wouldn't mind J.J. on disc if I'm ever to play it. This part of the review really sold me on the game (but I'm sure it's Japan-janky as fuck)

Oh, yes, the puzzle stuff is janky as hell, as you expected.

That being said, it's got that Swery charm and the story is excellent. Touches on some really serious stuff fairly well, too, which even as a fan of his was a very pleasant surprise. There's some sequences that have definitely stuck with me.

...so yes, I'd double dip. And I'd love a way to buy the soundtrack.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Yeah, that was one of the best games I played last year. I'd absolutely love to pick up a physical copy.

yeah was able to get snatcher soundtrack !

Shoot, I didn't realize that was today.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna echo the posts above. The Missing is fantastic and needs to be preserved physically.

Its digital sales probably didn't light the world on fire, but I could still see it doing quite well as a LRG title with the Swery bump. There's a history with Arc Sys, The Good Life and horror titles always sell out quickly from LRG.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Gonna echo the posts above. The Missing is fantastic and needs to be preserved physically.

I wish Arc Sys felt the same. They only seem to pick a couple of their popular titles to even bother printing physically. The ONLY 2 titles so far that they have self-puiblished physically (since cutting out Aksys...), was Blazblue Cross Tag and Kill la Kill. Everything else has been up to PQube (EU), NISA, and LRG to put out :/ Would be great to see this as a LRG title.

As for next week, so far:

EEXH_SbWkAAotxw

...yeah I'll get it.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
It honestly amazes me how many Vita releases keep happening even after Sony killed the production of new cartridges.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many releases EAS have lined up. They made it sound like plenty a while back.

A few months back, they said they had a lot, like almost ten releases signed and a few more in the process of getting signed. Honestly, they've been mostly fillers, which is why I dropped my complete collection back in July and even sold a few of mine for a profit in my country.

It honestly amazes me how many Vita releases keep happening even after Sony killed the production of new cartridges.

Sony only ceased production in the West.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
A few months back, they said they had a lot, like almost ten releases signed and a few more in the process of getting signed. Honestly, they've been mostly fillers, which is why I dropped my complete collection back in July and even sold a few of mine for a profit in my country.

Sony only ceased production in the West.
Agreed on the mostly filler part.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
i hope they're alright, i know they had a US release on PS4 that was digital only there but physical in europe

Oh I thought you meant for this game. Yeah a really weird case for Arc of the Alchemist. Given other Switch ports they've done are digital-only mostly, and that they HAVE a store front to exclusives like LEs from, it does feel like they are struggling a bit with LRG helping them out now.

Last edited:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Most of their Switch ports have been digital only. It would be nice to see LRG do Mary Skelter 2 considering it's only on Switch in the West due to IFI not wanting to make edits to it for the PS4 version.

i've heard from people with the chinese version the edits broke the game but they still released it anyways which is probably a good indication why they never bothered with PS4 which is annoying because i really enjoyed the first game and don't want a switch atleast until some more powerful upgrade comes out

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Arc Sys felt the same. They only seem to pick a couple of their popular titles to even bother printing physically. The ONLY 2 titles so far that they have self-puiblished physically (since cutting out Aksys...), was Blazblue Cross Tag and Kill la Kill. Everything else has been up to PQube (EU), NISA, and LRG to put out :/ Would be great to see this as a LRG title.

As for next week, so far:

EEXH_SbWkAAotxw

...yeah I'll get it.

I always wondered, what happens with these crappy kemco mobile ports on consoles? Do they delete the pay2win dungeons that are purely there for easy EXP or just open them up and unbalance the game?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I always wondered, what happens with these crappy kemco mobile ports on consoles? Do they delete the pay2win dungeons that are purely there for easy EXP or just open them up and unbalance the game?

On mobile, they often offer a p2p as well as a full version already. I guess they just port the full-paid versions.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
My copy of Metal Slug 3 (Vita) is still showing as unfulfilled on the site and still hasn't shipped, despite me paying the balance (I redeemed my tickets to get it) on the 16th of August.

Should I be worried? Should I open a ticket? Shipping updates show it as shipping finished :(