• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
guess i'm going to be buying a Switch game
[Mod Edit: Removed twitter link featuring a prohibited game]

hope nintendo is quick to announce this rumoured switch pro otherwise i'll have 1 game and 0 switch

Nice, was hoping this would happen with the new partnership. Hopefully Arc of Alchemist will also happen, too.

Still an odd thing overall, though. I feel like Iffy Store just isn't doing too great, considering all the overstock of LEs turning into seperate boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, was hoping this would happen with the new partnership. Hopefully Arc of Alchemist will also happen, too.

Still an odd thing overall, though. I feel like Iffy Store just isn't doing too great, considering all the overstock of LEs turning into seperate boxes.
i just wish the EU branch would do the turning LEs into separate boxes, i really want that Meiq soundtrack but i aint paying £60 for a game i already own that trades in for a couple quid now

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I just finished Iconoclasts on Vita and was going to try the boss rush mode but apparently the physical version LRG released doesn't have the patch that added that mode. Extremely disappointing.

Its not even downloadable, it just doesn't exist for the physical version.
He's on Twitter so might be worth a shot!

Here's my conversation with him if you guys are interested. He's going to ask the publisher about it.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018

hope nintendo is quick to announce this rumoured switch pro otherwise i'll have 1 game and 0 switch
I'm a little confused. Will the game go on sale October 15th?

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Here's my conversation with him if you guys are interested. He's going to ask the publisher about it.

Thanks man. I tweeted him and LRG but didn't get a response, so I'll follow your thread!
I uploaded proof of the patch being missing here: https://youtu.be/J0nhZggJLGo

Already tweeted it at the dev. Hopefully this gets sorted and is just a case of someone forgetting to flip a switch to make it go live.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017

I'm in and I'm sure there will be a limited edition. Surprised the original isn't getting this treatment on Switch too.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SO I never have pre-ordered from Limited Run, but want to get the idea factor games. When are you charged for pre-orders?

Reminder about prohibited games

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Quick reminder that Mary Skelter 2 is on the list of prohibited games, per our FAQ. Please avoid discussing this game. If you have further questions, contact a mod captain. Thank you.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Quick reminder that Mary Skelter 2 is on the list of prohibited games, per our FAQ. Please avoid discussing this game. If you have further questions, contact a mod captain. Thank you.

Perhaps I misunderstood this.

I understand discussion of the game content is forbidden. It's also forbidden to even discuss the mechanics of the release or similar?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Perhaps I misunderstood this.

I understand discussion of the game content is forbidden. It's also forbidden to even discuss the mechanics of the release or similar?

I don't think any of us were even planning on talking about it past an "hey this got announced". It wasn't a new topic, which usually catches attention and creates discussion. Guess banned is "don't acknowledge its existance, period"...

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
The Ban list is weird? What makes a certain mobile game get put on the list but FGO okay?

Not to question the moderation but the part I find peculiar is that discussion of games with offensive content is problematic, but there is an endless stream of daily news cycle copy/paste to the forum on a regular basis. Those are often more offensive them at least some games on the list, but get discussed endlessly.

It doesn't much matter because I don't care for most of the games, just something I was thinking.

But yeah I would have assumed "launch for game x is coming up" would be ok, rather than a pretend it does't exist thing.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I also just learned that Azur Lane is a banned game. Had no idea that was even questionable. Kind of surprised it's not just a "any Idea Factory game" on the list.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
This partnership that LRG and IFI has now makes me wish they started it sooner so Amnesia could have gotten a physical Vita release.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Even more news:

Mercenaries-Wings_10-03-19.jpg

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Huh, I never did get around to buying Mercenaries Saga Chronicles. Maybe I'd pick this up if I had something to combo it with, but I don't. Methinks a 500 copy SRPG CE will dissapear in a heartbeat though.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think any of us were even planning on talking about it past an "hey this got announced". It wasn't a new topic, which usually catches attention and creates discussion. Guess banned is "don't acknowledge its existance, period"...

Which is honestly a bit horseshit if that's the case. LRG is likely going to be doing more IFI releases, many of which would likely fall under the "banned game" category now if they weren't the nichest of niche titles that don't even get mentioned in threads beyond name dropping them. It's understandable that discussion of the content itself is banned, especially for the majority of games on the list, but if mentioning the existence of something is banned, then you may as well just shut this thread and several others down already.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
It is a little odd that even mentioning the game is forbidden, especially in a topic like this.

Do you have to blur them out whenever you make a picture of newly obtained games? I mean, I have already imported a game that is forbidden according to that list.

Anyway, I'm disappointed the banned game is still so far away. Was hoping to combine it with October releases

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
It is a little odd that even mentioning the game is forbidden, especially in a topic like this.

Do you have to blur them out whenever you make a picture of newly obtained games? I mean, I have already imported a game that is forbidden according to that list.

Anyway, I'm disappointed the banned game is still so far away. Was hoping to combine it with October releases

it's nice to have games announced with some time behind them, usually LRG games are announced with a couple days to go and you have no time to prepare

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to get info on this with no success yet: has anybody experienced no sound effects with the PS4 LRG release of Dragon Fantasy? It could extend to the digital version but I'm not going to spend another $10 to find out. Basically, there are are no sound effects whatsoever in the game, except for the "you've been ambushed" sound.

if anyone else got a copy, I'd love if you could test it out for me. Simply start up a new game and get into the first skeleton battle. There should be the sound of swords hitting and whatnot (think Dragon Quest).

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I've seen the first game in that series talked about here. How is the second one different that it got banned?

Oh I came to say that Project Lux needs a patch really badly, but I don't know if they're ever going to do it because Sekai is pretty bad with that stuff. The LRG one might be complete or it might not be.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
So everything in the new production update page means they're not fully shipped. So a game like Project LUX not appearing there means that they've all shipped?

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I was wondering where my Damascus Gear Vita games were at and apparently the NES and SNES sized protector cases along side of them are "in production"?
It never said they weren't in stock when I ordered and it looks the same today.

Wouldn't have ordered them if I new it'd be a month delay and counting...

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering where my Damascus Gear Vita games were at and apparently the NES and SNES sized protector cases along side of them are "in production"?
It never said they weren't in stock when I ordered and it looks the same today.

Wouldn't have ordered them if I new it'd be a month delay and counting...

No one's Damascus Gear has shipped.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Oh...
I was expecting in hand stuff to ship within 2 weeks at most.

Still, I'm worried these cases will delay it further I guess.
Update:

I had asked about my order in a ticket and they told me the Damascus Vita games are going out this week.
Sure enough, they just shipped for me.

The cases showing as out of stock in my order details is a mistake apparently.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Hey LimitedRunGames , just checking to make sure you guys are aware that an all-new Gotta Protectors (Susume!! Mamotte Knight) game was released yesterday on the eShop in Japan. Ancient, the small team behind the game, are currently working with a localization company to get the game ready for a Western release in 2020.

The game is super charming and every bit as good as Gotta Protectors 3DS. It adds online co-op, a story mode and a new soundtrack by Yuzo Koshiro. The 3DS game and the previous XBLA game never got a physical release, hope there's a chance you guys might change that for this Switch version.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Love finding out there's a game going on sale suddenly the day prior after I had set a morning appointment for the same day.
Now I have to look silly and beg to reschedule.

And 2 per cust.... no no no. I said before I was never mention that dumb crap again. Whatever.

j_z

Feb 14, 2019
I am looking for Celeste( LRG Switch) and would like to know if anyone has an extra copy. I have a Minit CE (Switch) that I can trade for it.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I am looking for Celeste( LRG Switch) and would like to know if anyone has an extra copy. I have a Minit CE (Switch) that I can trade for it.
i think they've said that there will be extra copies to sell on the LRG site in the future

guessing they had to order the next order tier when processing the pre-order stuff leaving them with extra copies

i'm not 100% on this but i think it'll also be available at bestbuy in the future too

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
i think they've said that there will be extra copies to sell on the LRG site in the future

guessing they had to order the next order tier when processing the pre-order stuff leaving them with extra copies

i'm not 100% on this but i think it'll also be available at bestbuy in the future too
I read on Twitter that Bestbuy has their version on pre-order but they are already running low on stock.
IIRC, the CE was going to be sold again by Fan Gamer but there is no date as far as I know.