• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Royal edition sounds way better. I dropped the game when it came out because it was an aimless, bloated game that just wasn't fun after a couple hours of constantly not knowing where to go. This sounds much more focused and fun. Can't wait to try it out.
This may well be true. But I'm not going to support this new thing. I still don't have a game I ordered years ago, and the dev has decided it's bad (maybe correctly), and published a new physical version. What am I left to think? The real problem is Kickstarter I guess, even the successes I've backed have left me disappointed...

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
This may well be true. But I'm not going to support this new thing. I still don't have a game I ordered years ago, and the dev has decided it's bad (maybe correctly), and published a new physical version. What am I left to think? The real problem is Kickstarter I guess, even the successes I've backed have left me disappointed...

Well that is truly fucked up, sorry to hear that. I had no idea about any of the kickstarter drama, didn't even know about the game until it was close to release. They should be delivering to you what you backed, not this new version. Just cements my decision to never back shit again even more.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
They probably discussed it in my 55th Kickstarter e-mail update for the game but I've stopped reading them long ago.

Kernal 64

#TeamThierry
Oct 28, 2017
NY
Well that is truly fucked up, sorry to hear that. I had no idea about any of the kickstarter drama, didn't even know about the game until it was close to release. They should be delivering to you what you backed, not this new version. Just cements my decision to never back shit again even more.

There's nothing fucked up here. The only drama is coming from people who didn't read the update or didn't understand what they read. They are absolutely delivering what they backed. I'm pretty much done with crowdfunding stuff, but this project was not a factor in that. It was one of the good ones that did exactly what it set out to do and gave us what it was supposed to give us. The only thing left to get, IIRC, is the physical copies, which are coming soon. The Royal Edition is a redone version of one of the two game modes with none of the extra Kickstarter stuff in it that didn't use any resources from the Kickstater, so what's the problem with not getting it? It's not the version of the game we backed. I just don't get why everyone is so mad.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing fucked up here. The only drama is coming from people who didn't read the update or didn't understand what they read. They are absolutely delivering what they backed. I'm pretty much done with crowdfunding stuff, but this project was not a factor in that. It was one of the good ones that did exactly what it set out to do and gave us what it was supposed to give us. The only thing left to get, IIRC, is the physical copies, which are coming soon. The Royal Edition is a redone version of one of the two game modes with none of the extra Kickstarter stuff in it that didn't use any resources from the Kickstater, so what's the problem with not getting it? It's not the version of the game we backed. I just don't get why everyone is so mad.

The only thing to be mad about is that we don't have the game and there's a new version already up for grabs.

And I'm not mad. Honestly I don't really care about the game at this point.

Kernal 64

#TeamThierry
Oct 28, 2017
NY
The only thing to be mad about is that we don't have the game and there's a new version already up for grabs.

And I'm not mad. Honestly I don't really care about the game at this point.

I didn't mean to imply you specifically were mad. I was talking about the reaction as a whole from what I saw on the project page. After seeing the couple of posts here, I took a look over there and I do wish that we'd gotten the physical versions already, but honestly, that's to be expected when LRG is involved. I buy a lot from them, but they are not any definition of the word fast.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
probably best to remind uk/eu era that LRG listings if there's any will go up an hour earlier for this week

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Any word if LRG is still working on getting gold point redemption fixed up for their switch titles?

I think it's on the publisher and not Nintendo, if I recall. But you need to let them know which titles don't work, since there are plenty that do. I'll need to go through my carts again for a current listing of which ones dont. (Sadly some of my other indie carts like Salt and Sanctuary and Slain are lost causes, since they have already been released for over a year :/)

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I think it's on the publisher and not Nintendo, if I recall. But you need to let them know which titles don't work, since there are plenty that do. I'll need to go through my carts again for a current listing of which ones dont. (Sadly some of my other indie carts like Salt and Sanctuary and Slain are lost causes, since they have already been released for over a year :/)

So I'd need to call nintendo with a list of my physical games which still don't let me redeem points?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So I'd need to call nintendo with a list of my physical games which still don't let me redeem points?

I looked up the process. Apparently you have to call Nintendo directly about it, so I guess they are the ones whitelighting it?

If anyone does call, these are the LRG that (last I checked) don't work:

-Windjammers
-Danmaku
-Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
-Layers of Fear
-Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
-Super Meat Boy
-The Messenger (well, they did sell a variant)

I think that's all (that I own), but there's a bunch of other smaller publisher ones that also don't work still :/

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I looked up the process. Apparently you have to call Nintendo directly about it, so I guess they are the ones whitelighting it?

If anyone does call, these are the LRG that (last I checked) don't work:

-Windjammers
-Danmaku
-Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
-Layers of Fear
-Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
-Super Meat Boy
-The Messenger (well, they did sell a variant)

I think that's all (that I own), but there's a bunch of other smaller publisher ones that also don't work still :/

I've got a few on that list. Hopefully it's pretty painless. I'll give it a shot sometime this week.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Still the site doesn't load for me, this is so weird. I mean, maybe it's my problem but how is it possible it doesn't load from my PC and my phone?

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
tried rebooting your router? maybe your isp randomly gave you a new IP which just happens to be banned from LRG

I tried, and even tried connecting with 3G and not through my usual connection. It just doesn't load and I don't understand why. Can it be a problem with my country? I live in Italy. Will try again tomorrow I guess but hope I don't miss out on Mercenaries for this bullshit.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Oh? Some countries block sites for, reasons. I think the workaround for that is just using Google DNS?

Just tried manually typing www.limitedrungames.com and it works. It just doesn't work if I search for it on Google and click on the link. On both PC and smartphone. This is so weird but I resolved it I guess lol.

EDIT: still doesn't load certain pages like the details of my purchases and stuff, definitely a problem with the website at this point

Last edited:

Cyberninja776

Oct 28, 2017
I think this is the best place to ask, but does anyone have any idea when the Clannad Switch LE will be up for pre-order? I want to know now so I can accurately budget money for the next few months with Black Friday coming up and there hasn't been any updates that I have seen since July when it was announced.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Just tried manually typing www.limitedrungames.com and it works. It just doesn't work if I search for it on Google and click on the link. On both PC and smartphone. This is so weird but I resolved it I guess lol.

EDIT: still doesn't load certain pages like the details of my purchases and stuff, definitely a problem with the website at this point
Have you tried updating your DNS settings? There's really no reason to use what your ISP's provide.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Note: Looks like [REDACTED GAME] will be released on Nov 5th (next Tues) but at 8AM PST/10AM EST. I wonder why the times are all over the place?

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Merc Wings is 500 copies and hasn't sold out lol

Can't imagine much enthusiasm for a Jumanji game based on the newer film by an unknown dev with pretty much nothing to show of the game

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my Celeste + Windjammers shipment.

Have to finish my FFX Remaster run first...not sure which one to play first after that though. D:

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Asendia took my Momodora CE package and fucking sat on it for a whole month. Tracking said they supposedly handed it over to USPS but USPS never got it. I contacted them but they denied everything and told me to open a ticket with LRG. LRG ignored my ticket for several days and just now the tracking updates as if it was just departing USPS. Also it apparently arrived at my country but it didn't? I don't understand what happened here:

2019-10-27 12:48 (It's here right now)
JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Processed Through Regional Facility -> Your item was processed through our JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on October 27, 2019 at 12:48 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

2019-10-27 12:48
JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at Regional Facility

2019-09-26 15:45 (WTF? Why did it leave?)
PERU, LIMA, Departed

2019-09-26 11:46
PANAMA, PANAMA CITY, Departed

2019-09-26 01:48
UNITED STATES, NEW YORK, Departed

2019-09-25 18:20
UNITED STATES, NEW YORK, Arrived

2019-09-24 04:01 (It was stuck here for a whole month, everything after this date appeared suddenly yesterday)
FOLCROFT, PA 19032, Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

2019-09-19 12:29
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
got a shipping email from LRG thinking it was finally my held games and celeste, nope just Transistor which i forgot i had pre-ordered

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's getting standard releases for every system, so LRG is just selling the LE for it. It's also in their other section, so they aren't really the ones "publishing" it.

It appears that LRG is simply distributing Jumanji for Outright Games. Not actually publishing it. So its likely that the limits still exist.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I got excited for a moment since there's a few games that I would've loved to have a physical copy if they made it to Xbox. I've bought quite a few LRG games for PS4/Switch and was happy to see Xbox there. Oh well.

heisenbrg

Jan 23, 2018
Großfrostheim
Any word if LRG is still working on getting gold point redemption fixed up for their switch titles?
The monthly Twitch fireside chat is always good to watch for stuff like that. I try to remeber correctly, what Josh said about that:

LRG can only fix that for games they have access to the "backend" of the games. But they will not fix it for them because these games would need an update and a lot of LRG fans would be upset if they see a update and think the games are not complete on card anymore. The update would be only to be able to redeem the gold points but we could not see it that the update is only for the points and that would upset a lot of fans.

Makes sense to me.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
The monthly Twitch fireside chat is always good to watch for stuff like that. I try to remeber correctly, what Josh said about that:

LRG can only fix that for games they have access to the "backend" of the games. But they will not fix it for them because these games would need an update and a lot of LRG fans would be upset if they see a update and think the games are not complete on card anymore. The update would be only to be able to redeem the gold points but we could not see it that the update is only for the points and that would upset a lot of fans.

Makes sense to me.

Hm, well that sucks. I wonder if it's something Nintendo can push through themselves, without the need of an "update"?