• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sort of ridiculous the LE version of Metal Slug 3 is taking so long. It was suppose to ship this month.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
VERY last min announcement:

EIPu5IjW4AoEfqp
EIPvzq4WwAIUJO5

SPIN!

Banned
Mar 16, 2018
Rocketbirds is taking longer than what I imagined to sell out.

The checkout kept sending me back to the main page instead of checkout so if others were having issues that might have slowed it down. Would be nice if the frenzy was over and the last few releases were stress free. Maybe the scalpers have realized they are not making much profit and gave up.

Last edited:

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
I was putting away the latest Switch arrival when I realized I was missing #28, Super Meat Boy. Best Buy got it at the start of the year but so far I don't believe it's gone on sale through the storefront. Weird.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i wish whoever maintains the LRG wikipedia page would stop with the bloody annoying list changes, it was fine as platforms being separate but then they had to go and combine the PlayStation platforms into 1, now they've gone and combined all releases in to 1 so you have platform exclusive releases all mixed into 1 big table now

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Note for anyone wanting [redacted] tomorrow, it's 12pm EST, for sure. Same issue as Merc. Wings, where the countdown says 10AM still, but Idea Factory has also confirmed the proper date.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Return of the Obra Dinn is all that matters.
Took another look at the list. Return of The Obra Dinn, Outer Wilds and Kentucky Route Zero are the dream three. Her Story would be wonderful too, if that could somehow happen.
Personally, Obra Dinn and Outer Wilds are two of the best games of this gen. I haven't played Kentucky, but from what I hear it's something I'd love.

The others that would be great to see are Virginia, The Witness, Into the Breach and Florence though I think that's still only on phones.

I believe Subsurface Circular is likely since they released that dev's previous games, Thomas Was Alone and Volume.

JaxJag

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really torn on Battle Princes Madelyn. On one hand the game looks cool, some great art, but the reviews back at launch were pretty bad mostly. I wonder if the changes made with this version will make it worth purchasing?...

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Could LRG even announce Kentucky? I've been waiting for the game to be finished forever lol. Is it actually almost done?

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
I think Jeff Minter and Giles are fairly pleased with today's super-quick sellout of Polybius. With any luck that means a run for Minotaur Arcade v.1 on the way. :)

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
I wish he'd partner with East Asia Soft for a TxK release. That's never gonna happen though.

He can't, is the problem. Part of the T4K agreement is that Atari has the rights to everything Tempest-like, and that includes Space Giraffe. They don't own SG, but Llamasoft can't make another. I mean yes, sure, Llamasoft would be in legally correct in creating a game that borrows the Tempest look but plays in only a superficially similar fashion but is actually a very different game, but this only matters if they've got the cash to afford the lawyers. Which they very much do not, sadly.

Atari only has a year or two left until it's dead. Anyone want to buy Llamasoft the Tempest IP?

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
He can't, is the problem. Part of the T4K agreement is that Atari has the rights to everything Tempest-like, and that includes Space Giraffe. They don't own SG, but Llamasoft can't make another. I mean yes, sure, Llamasoft would be in legally correct in creating a game that borrows the Tempest look but plays in only a superficially similar fashion but is actually a very different game, but this only matters if they've got the cash to afford the lawyers. Which they very much do not, sadly.

Atari only has a year or two left until it's dead. Anyone want to buy Llamasoft the Tempest IP?
it's not that, it's just that he can't release any new versions of TxK again because Atari saw too much similarity in it with the music too and fighting against them probably wouldn't be worth it financially for him so he gave up on it but ironically last year Tempest 4000 was released by himself under the Atari publishing so maybe they had plans to actually re-release it and in the process caught wind of TxK

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered the Polybius but forgot to order a shipping box with the game. (It's been years since I ordered an LRG game. I completely forgot about the shipping boxes they offer.) I emailed support and asked if I can order the box separately.

Does anyone have experience with working with LRG support? Is this an easy request to have fulfilled?

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
it's not that, it's just that he can't release any new versions of TxK again because Atari saw too much similarity in it with the music too and fighting against them probably wouldn't be worth it financially for him so he gave up on it but ironically last year Tempest 4000 was released by himself under the Atari publishing so maybe they had plans to actually re-release it and in the process caught wind of TxK

I'm sorry but that's simply not correct.

http://www.yakyak.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=88373

"The whole IP of Tempest, the name and such belongs to Atari, plus it would appears also "the concept of tube shooter with 'a claw' moving around 'a web'" and can't remember what else.

So if you mention really "Tempest" yes, that depends ONLY on Atari."

And also from another thread-

"Listen, I know it's hard to say, "but there are lawyers in the middle" I don't want to dig into details of things we had to do and the extent of what they cover because that's info I can not make public, what you or anyone else think about SG/TxK/etc. is "legally irrelevant" compared to what lawyers ( and contratcts ) "think/say" about it and what we agreed on.

So put your dreams at rest "unless you want to dream even bigger" and find a way to BUY the Tempest IP ( from Atari ) by your own so then you can license us to make more of it."

Finally-

"No, I'll be more clear they DO NOT OWN Space Giraffe .. but they own "something about tube shooters with a claw moving around surfaces" so if you are going to do somehting with a "claw" that moves around a "web" or could be classified as "tube shooter" you may have to deal with their IPs. "

So yeah, sadly no TxK, no Space Giraffe, nothing.

Jan 11, 2018
I wish they'd sell alternative cover art for PS4 games via their website too. Especially for the ones that used the same artwork on both PS4 and Vita, since many of us doubled dipped on those. Since I'm in Europe, there's no way I'll be able to get my hands on that PAX variant of Bloodstained without paying a fortune on eBay.

LimitedRunGames

Verified
Nov 2, 2017
I wish they'd sell alternative cover art for PS4 games via their website too. Especially for the ones that used the same artwork on both PS4 and Vita, since many of us doubled dipped on those. Since I'm in Europe, there's no way I'll be able to get my hands on that PAX variant of Bloodstained without paying a fortune on eBay.
We do con leftovers on the site! Since this one is for PAX South, it won't be online until next year.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I've got a few on that list. Hopefully it's pretty painless. I'll give it a shot sometime this week.

So I finally got around to calling Nintendo today.

Was able to get them to manually add points for:

The Messenger
Tetris 99
Celeste
Iconoclasts
Toejam and Earl
Minit
Bloodstained Curse or the Moon

Took an hour with a bit of friendly back and forth and lots of holding. Mentioning limited run games seemed to help the process along. All for $2.35 in gold points.

The rep was super nice and doing his best to help me. He apologized for the wait and even tacked on an extra 90 days of Nintendo Switch Online for free.

I suppose that made it worth it.

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So I finally got around to calling Nintendo today.

Was able to get them to manually add points for:

The Messenger
Tetris 99
Celeste
Iconoclasts
Toejam and Earl
Minit
Bloodstained Curse or the Moon

Took an hour with a bit of friendly back and forth and lots of holding. Mentioning limited run games seemed to help the process along. All for $2.35.

The rep was super nice and doing his best to help me. He apologized for the wait and even tacked on an extra 90 days of Nintendo Switch Online for free.

I suppose that made it worth it.

90 days huh? Maybe I'll call for the other stuff missing on my list...

So does this mean that they just gave you the coins manually, or will they also have it up for other cart users? (Not at home to test).

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
90 days huh? Maybe I'll call for the other stuff missing on my list...

So does this mean that they just gave you the coins manually, or will they also have it up for other cart users? (Not at home to test).

Yup it was done manually. I imagine if the games ever actually become available for gold points I'll likely be able to redeem them. But they didn't 'fix' anything system wide and you will need to give them a call.