• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally got around to calling Nintendo today.

Was able to get them to manually add points for:

The Messenger
Tetris 99
Celeste
Iconoclasts
Toejam and Earl
Minit
Bloodstained Curse or the Moon

Took an hour with a bit of friendly back and forth and lots of holding. Mentioning limited run games seemed to help the process along. All for $2.35.

The rep was super nice and doing his best to help me. He apologized for the wait and even tacked on an extra 90 days of Nintendo Switch Online for free.

I suppose that made it worth it.
What's the $2.35 for?

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Really interesting Noclip episode about the ESRB. It also covers how the flood of digital games and low print run releases required some changes to their workflow (the short LRG segment begins at 34:35).

Also, a new Retronauts episode about LRG reissuing old games like Star Wars, Monkey Island, and System Shock. Out now on Patreon, should be up in a week for everyone else.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Just got my Celeste CE.
0HqVkJm.jpg

Last edited:

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
They release too much stuff now. I suspect a lot of the old "get everything" people stopped a while back and just get the games they really want now

I went from "get everything" to buying just specific games I really wanted.

Then it sunk in that the "limited" hook had suckered me into way too many games this generation, LRG and others alike. So I'm eyeing my shelves in some disgust and have a different workflow.

-See game I want
-Is it on Steam? If so, always buy it there. Hell half the time I already have it in my backlog.
-Maybe consider a PS4 disk if it's not on Steam. Prob not though unless it's a shmup or such.

But yeah it was the volume of releases that got me, plus some dissatisfaction with LRG in general.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
They release too much stuff now. I suspect a lot of the old "get everything" people stopped a while back and just get the games they really want now
I skipped the last Kemco RPG. The old ones cost me like $30 shipped if I had nothing to combo with them. Now that there's no hold system, and these have jumped $5 despite PS4 publishing supposedly being cheaper than Vita stuff, and the game would've cost me $45 shipped...

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I went from "get everything" to buying just specific games I really wanted.

Then it sunk in that the "limited" hook had suckered me into way too many games this generation, LRG and others alike. So I'm eyeing my shelves in some disgust and have a different workflow.

-See game I want
-Is it on Steam? If so, always buy it there. Hell half the time I already have it in my backlog.
-Maybe consider a PS4 disk if it's not on Steam. Prob not though unless it's a shmup or such.

But yeah it was the volume of releases that got me, plus some dissatisfaction with LRG in general.
same. Bought everything from them for a 2 years. But the quality of several releases and a growing dissatisfaction broke that streak. Now it's only a select few.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen how cheap people sell Jak II & 3 on ebay so I decided I'll just get it there. Only Jak 1 is the one selling for like $400 and I'm lucky I found it for only $150 there. I'm kinda broke right now so I'll just get it later.
tbh i understand why 2 and 3 are cheap, only the first game and X from ND were the good ones

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I too am in the camp of people who used to buy a lot, but not anymore. I still get something from LRG every month since they offer titles I really want, like "Blazing Chrome", "Wandersong" and "Polybius"....but yeah, the massive volume of releases has forced me to take a very good look at the question if I really want this game.

Used to be way more open-minded and bought games I just found interesting, just to try them out...but that's so not an option anymore. It's a blessing and a curse at the same time...can't hurt to buy stuff in a more focused manner, but I am certain to miss out on cool little games I would otherwise have discovered through LRG, like I used to.

No order combining also plays a significant part because now it's 15-22$ in shipping every single time. I'm too poor for that shit. :))

But I'm still on board for the occasional purchase; the "Blasphemous" CE was sadly too expensive for me with shipping, but I think I'll get the standard if I can find something to order it together with. What's coming up in the next couple of weeks? Anything announced specifically? Only "Rocketbirds 2", right?

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
But I'm still on board for the occasional purchase; the "Blasphemous" CE was sadly too expensive for me with shipping, but I think I'll get the standard if I can find something to order it together with. What's coming up in the next couple of weeks? Anything announced specifically? Only "Rocketbirds 2", right?
When was Rocketbirds 2's date announced?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question: I have a ton of those ticket points things that they include with my orders but I haven't used a single one. Do they expire?

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Quick question: I have a ton of those ticket points things that they include with my orders but I haven't used a single one. Do they expire?
Technically no.
But eventually they will be forgotten. Somehow, LRG will go out of business, or every staff member that's seen one will be replaced. They'll never be worth more, so use them now.
I still haven't sent in my 80+ tickets though...

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
Not yet confirmed, according to Discord.
i was gonna say it came from their twitter but looking at their reply posts it looks like they don't have any 100% confirmation on it now lol

it's also a shame LRG is only doing a vinyl for this soundtrack, getting fed up of this digital and vinyl only stuff when it comes to some limited music releases or if it does have a CD it's usually only bundled in with the CEs

Oct 26, 2017
Tetris Effect feels, to me, like LRG has finally jumped the shark. What an odd release. I'm sure it'll sellout... but uh... okay?

Edit: okay, all the patches on disk is a nice selling point.

Last edited:

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017

So printed and distributed by LRG, but not part of their numbered releases. It's not the first time LRG has worked with a developer to get a different game later on, and if this means Rez Infinite later I'm ok with that. If it doesn't mean Rez Infinite later then I'm sad to not get that game, but still ok with it because the game isn't part of the core LRG collection.

Oct 26, 2017
I was curious as to why you guys are mentioning Rez Infinite as I swear I have a PS4 disc on my shelf. Just checked my shelf, yup, I have it. Just checked eBay... holy hell... when did this $30 game double and/or triple in price?!

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I was curious as to why you guys are mentioning Rez Infinite as I swear I have a PS4 disc on my shelf. Just checked my shelf, yup, I have it. Just checked eBay... holy hell... when did this $30 game double and/or triple in price?!
i didn't know about that, it's the fact that iam8bit screwed up their release so much and did stuff with customers in the past that i didn't want to bother with them and then there's there's the fact they're supposed to have a UK based company but you get hit by customs anyways if you order from them

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Rez Infinite already got a reprint at least once from iam8bit. Same with Grim Fandango

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Is LRG having fangamer send the physical game first for the Shenmue 3 CE and then supplying the CE contents afterward?

I just got 2 copies of Shenmue 3 with the slipcover in the mail and one of them is my backer copy. Trying to figure out if the second copy is cause I ordered the LRG CE.