• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
I know their name is limited run games, but maybe make more then 100 copies would be nice. Why their service not a print on demand system like how Warner Bros does for their niche movies and tv shows. It would at least mean games that are in desire like DUST or Shantae are able to be bought and games nobody really wanted like the Silent Bob game are not flooding their warehouse.
The platform holders control the manufacfuring of console games. There's no DVD-R equivalent; every publisher of every size has to order directly from Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft, and the minimum orders are in the thousands of copies per game.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It is not a mistake, they are putting Paper Please and Super Meat Box in Vita blind box. My guess is there won't be a Vita blind box at the end of 2020.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
Got Thumper CE for PS4. I would have preferred a regular copy of the game but am not gonna complain at this point.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot this sale was today, oh well.

Would have probably been to late for Costume Quest, Hover, Mercernary Kings, Koihime Enbu, Everspace, Observer, Super Hydorah, Danmaku Unlimited 3, and The Messenger.

Last edited:

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Sorry, need to get this out of my system or else it will fester *ahem* @#$%ng bot detection my %#@. Keeping them unobtainable so they go to your friends, you heard me. You owe me 2 Jak & Daxter Collection things. You, Limited Run @#$%; pay me.

ahhh, I feel much better.

Last edited:

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
So my copy of Battle Princess Madelyn arrived recently. But I ordered it from the Kickstarter, which was supposed to ship with an exclusive cover. Yet I have the cover shown from the LRG site sale, and I see different covers on eBay claiming to be the Kickstarter version... Does anybody know what the covers were supposed to look like?

mr lurtle

Oct 27, 2017
So my copy of Battle Princess Madelyn arrived recently. But I ordered it from the Kickstarter, which was supposed to ship with an exclusive cover. Yet I have the cover shown from the LRG site sale, and I see different covers on eBay claiming to be the Kickstarter version... Does anybody know what the covers were supposed to look like?
I just checked and I have the Kickstarter cover like you find on ebay.

j_z

Feb 14, 2019
Does anyone have a copy of River City Girls for Switch? I would prefer the LRG version and I have items to trade for it if you are interested

dgco86

Oct 25, 2017

I got mine via Kickstarter and it matches the one on LRG's site. Strange...

Edit: It seems to be a double-sided cover. Not planning on opening my copy so I'll just take their word for it.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Bought Lumines Remastered, Windjammers, and Giga Wrecker Alt from Best Buy over the weekend because they're all on sale, I still have GCU, and I have some rewards to throw at 'em.

And then I bought River City Girls this morning because I noticed it was down to "Store Pickup Only" and I didn't want to miss out on it.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

open it and reverse it.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
open it and reverse it.
I have zero intent to open the game. I have 50 other LRG games I'd open and play before I'd even think of pulling this out of my backlog.
If it is a reversible cover it's pretty damned stupid to ship it facing the same way as the regular release. I doubt this game will ever be valuable, but if it was having the Kickstarter version would obviously be worth a bump up in price.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
First LRG purchase just arrived with the River City Girls collectors box. Really impressed by it. Didn't expect the holofoil cover on the game box, makes it look amazing especially when still wrapped. Not a massive fan of the design of the menu but it, when combined with the other in-world memorabilia and photo cards is just charming honestly. Student ID's are a neat touch and printed on the card you remember from your own ID's in the past.

Yeh, really happy with the result. Was intending to play it but seeing it all together makes me think I'll just grab the digital version instead 😊

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
I wonder when Jedi Knight and/or TIE Fighter is releasing. Need me some Jedi Knight.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Edit: It seems to be a double-sided cover. Not planning on opening my copy so I'll just take their word for it.
Well I just got a backer update on this. TLDR, we can tell the difference in our exclusive copies by a different serial number. Also apparently LRG apologized because this is a mistake, but they never even replied to the ticket I filed asking WTF was going on...

For backers only

I've received a lot of angry messages about how some of you have received the "wrong cover" or the "regular LRG cover".
You did not.
Backers sent many requests to have both covers. The Army of Darkness one and the Regular White cover which was originally what was supposed to be the Kickstarter cover.
You did receive it. But from what I've been told there was a mix up at the packaging place for LRG and they cover was put in backwards. So instead of the Army of Darkness cover, you see the original cover.
There is nothing we can do about it and LRG has apologized for the issue. You can verify that you have the right cover by checking the serial number on the cover. You just have to take it out and flip it over and you have the proper cover. The regular version that LRG was selling does not have the reversible cover and that would be the one they would sell if they were selling it, not the KS reversible one.
As far as the cardboard box version of the game goes - That is the boxed set which was the Fallen tier. That came with the audio cd, tshirt and a few other things as well as the box. This was not ever intended for the regular PS4 version of the game/The Player Tier.
As far as people saying that they could have gotten the regular Limited Run version for cheaper, let me break down what you were paying for:
Kickstarter IS NOT A STORE. When you donated to Kickstarter you were paying to help make the game, NOT BUY IT. But regardless of this, some of The Player tier people have been complaining a lot that the $100 worth of things they got for $45 should have been what The Fallen Tier people got which was worth close to $200. So not only would that not have helped make the game, we would have been paying you to take it and then some. The Player tier received digital copies of the two games, the sound track and got the physical version with the reversible cover which in total comes to around $100.
We do apologize for the cover being inside out. But there is nothing we can do about that. You did indeed get what you backed, but unfortunately the cover was put in backwards at the packaging location.
I will also not be wasting anymore of my time replying to every individual complaint about this. I've responded quite a few times on the update and the main comments section, but no one is reading the previous replies to the same questions over and over so I've posted this.
As far as shipping issues, thank you for your patience. We've just come back into the office on Monday so we've been dealing with those issues. I will respond to each of you in PM's as I have news about your game copies.
Hope you all had a safe and happy holiday season.
Chris

Edit: There's a fairly simple solution to this. LRG already sells covers for like a buck, and they can issue coupon codes that redeem specific items. So they can toss those of us that complain a free cover, which we can add to a future LRG order (yay, LRG gets retention and future sales).

Last edited:

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
so basically a lot of people just... didn't open it and got mad?

I'm kinda bewildered. Usually when people back kickstarter games they do so to play the game in some form. I could see if someone was playing it digitally and left the game on their shelf physically, but seriously, open the darn thing. Games are meant to be played for petes sake and even if you're in the camp playing it digitally then it will take no more than two seconds to undo shrink wrap. I get if you order two copies of a game and both of them have the same cover when there's a reverse option, but if it's a kickstarter bonus, then it's really just meant for the sake of people to play the game...

Most of the time these bonuses aren't for collectors who make them collect dust., or if they are then they usually outright state such. The dev's pretty darn right about this all things considered and it's not like they sent a single-sided cover with no exclusive art even if you open this. LRG may have supplied the cover but it seems like it's up to the kickstarter devs and such to decide how to distribute it

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
so basically a lot of people just... didn't open it and got mad?

I'm kinda bewildered. Usually when people back kickstarter games they do so to play the game in some form. I could see if someone was playing it digitally and left the game on their shelf physically, but seriously, open the darn thing. Games are meant to be played for petes sake and even if you're in the camp playing it digitally then it will take no more than two seconds to undo shrink wrap. I get if you order two copies of a game and both of them have the same cover when there's a reverse option, but if it's a kickstarter bonus, then it's really just meant for the sake of people to play the game...

Most of the time these bonuses aren't for collectors who make them collect dust., or if they are then they usually outright state such. The dev's pretty darn right about this all things considered and it's not like they sent a single-sided cover with no exclusive art even if you open this. LRG may have supplied the cover but it seems like it's up to the kickstarter devs and such to decide how to distribute it

aside from the whole kickstart a game and keep it sealed thing i can understand the outrage at people thinking they haven't got their kickstarter exclusive edition, no offence to LRG but as a company that has published roughly 600 physical games so far, they should've been able to pull this off without a hitch and have the correct sided covers sent to the right people

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017

We're excited to announce that we will be doing a physical Limited Run of Streets of Rage 4. More details to come!

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully it'll be like River City Girls where the physical release follows the digital one closely, because I don't want to wait long.

(Although I think SoR4 is on Gamepass? I can play it there and buy the physical copy later)

Oct 27, 2017
I still wish they would package games better.

Got both my Turok LEs today (noticed that the dual case/cover was not included) and of course they are a bit smashed because they stacked them and added a sheet of paper for protection *sigh*

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda want that Vitamin Connection Limited Edition. Wish there was a way to know whether or not it'll be included in the Best Buy lineup.
the collector's edition with all the special items? not likely, however the switch version of the base game might get picked up.

Its a crapshoot though. best shot you have of picking this up is right now.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
the collector's edition with all the special items? not likely, however the switch version of the base game might get picked up.

Its a crapshoot though. best shot you have of picking this up is right now.

Yeah yeah, that was the implication. I know Best Buy wouldn't be carrying the CE, but if I knew they were doing just the base game I'd probably forgo the CE and wait it out.

Tempted by the Mighty Switch Force stuff as well, in particular the vinyl records, but that's money I don't need to be spending at the moment.

MinionZero

Jan 14, 2018
Got both Collector's Editions of Vitamin Connection and Mighty Switch Force, mostly for the soundtracks with the games. Fingers crossed on VC being good. Was thinking of Mystik Belle but held off for now. I can always get it in the coming weeks if the urge reemerges.

ragnar14

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Hmmm, LRG finally got back to me, and they're exchanging the mixed up Kickstarter Battle Princess Madelyn's. I'm sure they won't cover the return shipping though. No way it's worth it with international shipping prices, I'd guess it'd cost me me like $20 to send it back.
How much would return shipping cost me if I drive it down to the USA?

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, LRG finally got back to me, and they're exchanging the mixed up Kickstarter Battle Princess Madelyn's. I'm sure they won't cover the return shipping though. No way it's worth it with international shipping prices, I'd guess it'd cost me me like $20 to send it back.
How much would return shipping cost me if I drive it down to the USA?
If it's just the game/case, shipping it First Class will cost about 3 or 4 USD.

Glas

Oct 30, 2017
Streets of Red Standard and Collector's Editions are now live on LRG website for PS4 & Nintendo Switch

EO0TDvtUYAYO566

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
With the Arc Sys partnership, it would be great if an NA copy of World End Syndrome shows up >_> It never goes on sale on the eShop in NA, which is pretty annoying...

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
With the Arc Sys partnership, it would be great if an NA copy of World End Syndrome shows up >_> It never goes on sale on the eShop in NA, which is pretty annoying...

honestly you're probably just importing the physical over here, i got the PS4 version for £10 a couple months ago and i think the switch version was £14 last time i saw it

Jul 24, 2018
Anyone else in here who bought a physical copy of Transistor? I've yet to receive it, wanted to hear if it is just me or if they haven't dispatched it yet for anyone.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's so weird seeing the Mighty Switch Force LE still not sold out. I want it to be gone so I'll stop being tempted by it. 🙁