• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
xseed/marvy seem to always overprint copies and they get stuck with them for a while lol, it's just a shame they don't take the games out and sell them at a lower price because i'd probably buy the PBS and re;newal CE's

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
xseed/marvy seem to always overprint copies and they get stuck with them for a while lol, it's just a shame they don't take the games out and sell them at a lower price because i'd probably buy the PBS and re;newal CE's

They often get big discounts at Gamestop, at least.

...I still wonder how feasible it would be for a physical NA copy of Burst on 3DS. Only 1 3DS game isn't enough :p

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
They often get big discounts at Gamestop, at least.

...I still wonder how feasible it would be for a physical NA copy of Burst on 3DS. Only 1 3DS game isn't enough :p
the discounts go pretty low there that i'd say screw it and just end up with a 2nd copy but they kinda sell them at £40-50 here til they sell out even tho the game drops pretty quick in price

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
When are switch blind boxes supposed to enter production? I see the vita and Ps4 are in production on LRG's website but not the switch one.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Was half an hour late because of hospital shenanigans so won't be a low number (F) but grabbed the physical LE for The Missing.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
*waiting for Double Dragon/Kunio-kun collection*

Thread so quiet now, so guess it's a double-post :/

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
what happened? this place used to be pretty active, did people just give up with LRG?

Pretty sure lots of people just left after Vita was done (or at least, is at the moment since I think there's still like 2 more things left?) I'm still kinda here but don't discuss as much since it's kinda ghost town'd :/ I still buy all the titles I want though, still setting alarms.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
what happened? this place used to be pretty active, did people just give up with LRG?

I mostly gave up. I do buy an occasional title grudgingly. I'll happily buy more M2 stuff if they do that (or any other shmups) but for the most part I'm done with them. Honestly I wish I could snap my fingers and undo a bunch of the stuff I did pick up.

Obviously no idea what happened with others but the LRG shine wore off for me.

MulderYuffie

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't know what I would even want next from them tbh. They've pretty much covered all bases for Switch for me. Aside from very few titles that I can't think of off the top of my head and Super Meat Boy LRG site variant. That's kinda good because they would kill my wallet maybe we'll get something exciting again soon.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I mostly gave up. I do buy an occasional title grudgingly. I'll happily buy more M2 stuff if they do that (or any other shmups) but for the most part I'm done with them. Honestly I wish I could snap my fingers and undo a bunch of the stuff I did pick up.

I really don't know what I would even want next from them tbh. They've pretty much covered all bases for Switch for me. Aside from very few titles that I can't think of off the top of my head and Super Meat Boy LRG site variant. That's kinda good because they would kill my wallet maybe we'll get something exciting again soon.
pretty much since the begining of their life i've just used them as a publisher for physical versions of games i want but even then i feel like their removal of the hold shipping thing has started to make me narrow down my purchases even more because i don't really want to spend $15 shipping on a $30 game because it's probably gonna be cheaper holding out for some reseller on ebay just trying to flog the game because they can't flip it for a profit

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Not sure if it was with you or not (can't remember everyone's objectives), but I feel like it hit hardest those that were specifically gunning for complete sets/buying as many titles as they could for the novelty. I don't think many thought it would explode and get as big as it did, especially with the quantity of titles, so many of those people dropped out. I remember a couple people on here literally gave up and were ready to sell their sets, because they missed 1 titke, which now rendered their set as incomplete...

I think most of us that have stuck around, moreso are those that have always picked and chosed specific titles we wanted, and not just due to any reasons of conpletion, or making a ton of impulse buys (I've seen a ton of "I really didn't even want this title, but I went ahead and bought it"). There's only been a few titles I've sold off, mostly due to picking up Best Buy variants instead to get all the versions, and always selling around/a bit below what I originally paid for it, anyways. I have no plans to ever sell the other ones I've picked up that I actually want/plan to play one day.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Guess we lost a number of members during the migration from the old place, some got banned since then or just joined collectors Discords instead. And tbh, it feels like the novelty and excitement is gone.

I'm still reading the thread and buying from LRG, but at some point it went from being a fun hobby to feeling a bit like work (setting timers, unreasonable limits on games, Vita titles that sell out in a minute, no hold service, etc.). Pre-orders for most games have made it a better experience again, but LRG really went overboard with the number of releases per month. Then there's all those new limited game companies popping up, often with repeated releases. It's gotten hard to keep up. I've been wondering for a while if this is a sustainable future for physical releases or some kind of bubble that will burst once enough collectors decide to quit and resellers slowly drop out.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it was with you or not (can't remember everyone's objectives), but I feel like it hit hardest those that were specifically gunning for complete sets/buying as many titles as they could for the novelty. I don't think many thought it would explode and get as big as it did, especially with the quantity of titles, so many of those people dropped out. I remember a couple people on here literally gave up and were ready to sell their sets, because they missed 1 titke, which now rendered their set as incomplete...

I think most of us that have stuck around, moreso are those that have always picked and chosed specific titles we wanted, and not just due to any reasons of conpletion, or making a ton of impulse buys (I've seen a ton of "I really didn't even want this title, but I went ahead and bought it"). There's only been a few titles I've sold off, mostly due to picking up Best Buy variants instead to get all the versions, and always selling around/a bit below what I originally paid for it, anyways. I have no plans to ever sell the other ones I've picked up that I actually want/plan to play one day.

I was initially buying most everything and expected fewer, more curated games. I felt the quality was slipping .. which was my first issue. But add in the deluge of stuff I didn't care about, the variant covers that were show-exclusive (or nearly), the games that require patches, some horrible customer support experiences, etc, etc.. It just flipped to a situation where I prefer to not support them but will if it's a critical game.

Not liking their Collector's Editions helped. The Vita going away helped. Me losing interest in Switch also helped. Now it's just the very occasional PS4 game.

I don't expect others to be in my shoes but I think it kinda sucks how it's played out. It was pretty exciting early on.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Too much stuff that's just not interesting enough. Also, some games also available in asia makes it easier to skip LRG for these games. If they're from Japan it's even better since the shipping is cheaper and doesn't take ages to Europe.

Also, unpaid tax while it costs the same is a dick move. Guess they are big enough now and can do with less customers.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I guess LRG won't be seeing any more orders from me in the near future, if ever.

To quietly announce this and retroactively have a ton of orders ship with unpaid duties, which is not was what agreed on when placing the orders, is not cool.

I'm beyond disappointed and dissatisfied.
i know it says feb 3rd 2020 but is this new? i'm pretty sure the list was always mostly like this and i think they only removed brazil because i remember them tweeting about something recently relating to brazillian customers having to submit some ID number

Jan 11, 2018
i know it says feb 3rd 2020 but is this new? i'm pretty sure the list was always mostly like this and i think they only removed brazil because i remember them tweeting about something recently relating to brazillian customers having to submit some ID number

Yes, it is new. I never had to pay any import taxes on my previous orders. The list of countries with pre-paid taxes used to cover most of Europe.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
It's a big change and anything but customer friendly if they really did this for outstanding orders without a proper announcement. There used to be 31 countries on their DDP list, now it's just 5. You can see a snapshot from Dec 2019 on the Wayback Machine:

Oct 28, 2017
I guess LRG won't be seeing any more orders from me in the near future, if ever.

To quietly announce this and retroactively have a ton of orders ship with unpaid duties, which is not was what agreed on when placing the orders, is not cool.

Maybe LimitedRunGames can chime in on this and confirm?
If they're going to change the terms of peoples orders after the fact then maybe they need to change it so people can cancel orders with charges they didn't agree to at the time of purchase.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I like what LRG does, but since the first title I learned about (SMRPG for Vita) I decided that I would buy only the games I REALLY want and then a few blind boxes a year.

It helps that I have never been burned on a game I really wanted. Back in the beginning I had to worry about the 6/5pm release, and then for Fata Morgana I made the decision to go for PS4 instead of Vita, but that decision was made prior to start time.

I like the switch preorders, I feel It ensures I get games I want, and then the Best Buy "Safety net" has encouraged me to pick up Momodora

I'm picky now, but I encourage them to continue on because I like what they do.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not one of the "regulars", but I've bought some things in the past. For me it's just that I've already been trying to cut down on needless CEs, and then the physicals get released so far after release that it's become hard to justify unless I never played the game to begin with, or maaaaybe am rebuying it on Switch without having gotten around to the PC version or something. But the paradox there is that the added price of the physical can also be hard to justify unless I'm already fond of the game and rebuying it...

Like Fata Morgana was easy to justify - new platforms for a game I loved with new content and wasn't entirely recent - and I went for a regular + CE across both platforms. I haven't even gotten around to (re)playing it yet, but I'm happy to have it for when I do and that I can theoretically lend the PS4 version to friends. But not many things are going to be like that. I do want some of that The Missing merch, for example, but not $70 want it; I did buy the vinyl, though, which I was happy to see was open preorders as I would have missed it.

If they could get more (appealing) games that would be out physically at around the same time as they're out digitally - at least, like, within a month or so or something like that - I'd be ordering more often, even with the hassle of rushing to place an order. I get that's not exactly what this is meant to be, but that's what's most likely to make me buy things as a non-collector who does like physical copies still.

Oct 25, 2017
I still buy things occasionally because I've only ever bought things occasionally. I have no interest in buying bad or useless games (Lawbreakers) just to complete a collection. And I think the pre-orders is a blessing, because it means I can buy on my own schedule and not worry about a 90 second window hoping the site doesn't glitch, but also a curse since I know I'm not getting the game for months and months.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain

Well, if they think that it's fine to retroactively change the shipping conditions of the customers already placed orders, I think that it's fine to me to stop buying games from them (even if I live in one of the 5 survivors selected countries).

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
This latest tweet now seems to contradict everything above:

Apologies for the confusion. We're keeping DDP. There will be future changes to shipping rates announced at a later date. In the meantime, if you have been charged when you normally are not, please contact
@LrgSupport
so we can help resolve it. -L

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
I definitely follow this stuff a lot less than I used to.
Early on I had a more completionist mentality, but a combination of changes in disposable income, the sheer amount of releases, and becoming super aware of my ridiculous backlog I don't keep up with the news as much as I used to.

If there's a title I'm super interested in I'll pay closer attention - especially if theres the option to preorder than attempt to grab a copy during the brief windows

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Has Polybius shipped yet? I noticed copies are on eBay, and the pictures for the items are not stock photos.

Samuray

Nov 21, 2017
Hamburg, Germany

Well, in my case it's become that much more expensive to buy from them without the hold orders, and also I've been hit pretty hard with CE fatigue. It's just waaaaay too many and nothing special, like I envisioned it to be in the early days.

I still buy from LRG but as others have said, things haven't necessarily changed for the better with them. Now international shipping rates are about to go up, probably significantly so, and I just can't afford all this. It was fun for me while we hold orders because adding a game I knew little or felt unsure about was easy for only 3$ in shipping.

Now I have to look very closely at which games I buy. "The Missing" and "Forgotton Anne" would have been easy pickups in the past, but now I will skip both of them entirely. They have nice CEs which would tempt me, but it's just too much money too close together, not to mention heavy shipping and whatnot.

Most of all, though, it's about a feeling of ...some kind of distance, I suppose. Those decisions that were unpleasant for us international folks were one thing, but this constant onslaught of games has tired me out (recently we've been having several break weeks though, which is great). Then there's their customer service, which is always very nice to talk to....but apparently they are drowning in work; my "River City Girls" CE arrived massively damaged, my ticket is from January 14....someone talked to me around ten days later but it's been silence again ever since, and I'm worried to death that I will have to cover return ahipping (38€ with tracking or around 17€ without). I believe that in the end, things will be okay, but I've been having this on my mind for weeks now.

What did the most "damage" for me personally, though, is "The Bird King". One of their crew made around a thousand copies for personal use and has been gifting them to people...which is nice 'n all, but he is not selling it, therefore I have no way of obtaining it (I never win anything). And as someone who has been there since day 1 with "Breach & Clear" but has not bought all the Vita games, I will never have a chance to get the PSV version of the game. This has created a feeling of frustration in me that's hard to put into reasonable words, but it's there. And although it's not an LRG title per se, it's hard to draw any kind of line between those.

Long story short: I'm still here, still buy games when I can afford (and justify) it, but the passion has decreased somewhat and while I'm super happy about every cool game they release, it's always a relief when there are weeks in which I don't want anything. And I'm dreading the shipping costs increase because their EU base is certainly a long time off.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
What did the most "damage" for me personally, though, is "The Bird King". One of their crew made around a thousand copies for personal use and has been gifting them to people...which is nice 'n all, but he is not selling it, therefore I have no way of obtaining it (I never win anything). And as someone who has been there since day 1 with "Breach & Clear" but has not bought all the Vita games, I will never have a chance to get the PSV version of the game. This has created a feeling of frustration in me that's hard to put into reasonable words, but it's there. And although it's not an LRG title per se, it's hard to draw any kind of line between those.

There's def been A LOT of misinformation spread about that game (the guy is on Era btw...) But here's what I know:

-Something happemed with Sony with this title, and the games are ONLY allowed to be given away/sold, but not really but any official means

-The game started showing up on eBay (one was a legit charity auction copy) after a couple buyers went to profit off it immediately. This, coupled with Metal Jesus' video highlighting the game and kinda saying to shout him out on Twitter for a copy, left a bunch of angry people, claims of trying to "make the game super rare/valuable" being featured/"advertised" on the channel, and death threats, had him stop all sales online (I tried myself with no luck as they already sold out at the venues I was at since I had no idea).

-It's only being sold at official LRG events (in VERY small quantities), and not as their official product (around $60 each)

So yeah, lots of misinformantion + conspiracies from angry people :x It's really not a "LRG" item, either.

ConanEdogawa

Oct 31, 2017
I definitely did. Lots of reasons, most of which has been discussed over and over in this thread. But to put it simply, if I game I want is getting a physical release, LRG is one of the last companies I hope to be publishing it.

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

One of my packages just got hit by customs yesterday. I was going to open a ticket to ask them to help me fix the situation and now I come here and read this is on purpose(!) and that it will be happening to all my various orders I have been placing in the last months? I'm royally fucked. I can't even cancel most them via Paypal, I think. I'm not spending an extra 50€ or more per order! I want everything canceled and my money back, if this is what's going to happen. What the goddamn hell were they thinking.

Edit:
This latest tweet now seems to contradict everything above:

OK, maybe there's some hope. Gonna open that ticket ASAP.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
is the Battle for Grid on Best Buy the same as the one from limited run games?

Does it have any of the dlc included?