• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
There was only one youtuber's take a GoT I was ever interested in, and now it's here:

Enjoy!

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even care about GoT but imma watch this because Lindsay Ellis is the best.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I just recently signed up here but I've been lurking for a while, and I gotta say reading the spoiler thread for season 8 really helped make the way it ended sting less than it would've otherwise.

Since then, videos criticizing all the things wrong with season 8 have given me life lol. Will definitely be watching this later. Also, great thumbnail.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
If this wasn't Ellis i wouldn't be interested cause frankly i'm done talking about the show. kinda want to move on tbh

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
We've had quite enough GoT talk to last a lifetime. More is probably the last thing we need

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, we definitely don't need to talk about Game of Thrones. On the other hand, Lindsay Ellis...

KorrZ

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I can never get enough of people talking about how shit season 8 was. Can't wait to dive into this at home.

May 17, 2018
If this wasn't Ellis i wouldn't be interested cause frankly i'm done talking about the show. kinda want to move on tbh

this is where i'am with it. that discourse and the actual episodes of season 8 drained me and I've taken on pleasure in any videos such as this. I just want it to be over. All of it.

with that being said hell yea I'm watching Lindsey's video on GoT.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Fell off her critique when she became a little too self-aggrandizing for my tastes. Then there was a video where she mockingly "shilled" an ad for her channel with an "It sucks that I am doing this, this is for losers" attitude. When people called her out on it she just doubled down on the next video with "For the people who CANT GET NUANCE I'm going to EXPLAIN to you what I actually meant" and then she did the same thing again.

I mean, there are far worse Youtubers, for sure, and more power to everyone that likes her, but yeah, not for me.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah this video is really just a teaser for the next one, which I hope goes into depth talking about the things that are problematic on the show.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I already scrubbed the disappointment from my mind by rewatching the entirety of ATLA. I don't want to go back.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did she ever walk back on that Twilight video? Because after knowing what Meyer is, oof, not a good look.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fell off her critique when she became a little too self-aggrandizing for my tastes. Then there was a video where she mockingly "shilled" an ad for her channel with an "It sucks that I am doing this, this is for losers" attitude. When people called her out on it she just doubled down on the next video with "For the people who CANT GET NUANCE I'm going to EXPLAIN to you what I actually meant" and then she did the same thing again.

I mean, there are far worse Youtubers, for sure, and more power to everyone that likes her, but yeah, not for me.

Fair enough. I got into her with the Hobbit vids, and it felt satisfying to find someone sharing so many of my issues with those movies.

Nishastra

Oct 27, 2017
Did she ever walk back on that Twilight video? Because after knowing what Meyer is, oof, not a good look.
Why would she? The fact that Meyer is a shitty racist doesn't have anything to do with what her video was actually about.

Her being racist doesn't justify how sexist people are. The "see, I knew there was a reason I always hated it!" response to this kind of thing is incredibly stupid.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I can never get enough of people talking about how shit season 8 was. Can't wait to dive into this at home.

Watching Britain's got Talent and seeing Amanda dunk on Season 8 after the last act before the selection of the live shows, gave me the biggest smile. So random, so delicious.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Why would she? The fact that Meyer is a shitty racist doesn't have anything to do with what her video was actually about.

Her being racist doesn't justify how sexist people are. The "see, I knew there was a reason I always hated it!" response to this kind of thing is incredibly stupid.
Yeah I have a lot of issues with Meyer and Twilight but she's 100% right that the general vitriol surrounding it boils down to "it's a franchise for girls." Look at all the nerds shitting themselves because Robert Pattinson is playing Batman.

Mar 29, 2018
She cites the showrunners having a "set, limited time to get to the end they needed"

But don't we know for a fact they were offered up to 10 seasons max, but turned it down to do it in 8?

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I got a bloody Game of Thrones ad before this video. You would think Google of all companies knows how to target its damn ads better. I can see why there are so many adpocolypses, however that's spelled.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super done with going over S8 of GoT but will def give this a shot because it's Ellis. Beyond this, I'm good. I have my good memories of GoT and look forward to the prequel as idk wtf that's gonna really be about.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
After the show ended I knew I was likely never going to rewatch it like I do with so many other shows and I didn't care to seek out critical essays as this was pretty much the only video I was waiting for. Looking forward to seeing her really dig in.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She cites the showrunners having a "set, limited time to get to the end they needed"

But don't we know for a fact they were offered up to 10 seasons max, but turned it down to do it in 8?
Just because the showrunners are the ones who set the time limit doesn't mean it wasn't a set time limit.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
giphy.gif

Can't wait to watch it.

StrayDog

Avenger
Jul 14, 2018
After watching just the 1st season of GoT and this video... make my decision to abandon it after just 1 season was correct lol

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wish she had skipped the recap and not bloated the episode out into two parts even if I got some amusement out of the recap. It felt like this video was lacking a lot of the usual criticism lindsay does which will come in part 2