• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
That's not how this forum has ever worked.

If a thread about Michael Jackson gets made it's going to quickly derail into his past behaviour. Same with Gal Gadot and her IDF comments. No matter the topic. Those two among others, just an example.

People are free to bring up someone's past ugly behaviour, if you dont like it ignore it. I've dropped my opinion of her and followed up and explained my stance, which I am free to do.

Back seat modding however is against site rules.
Truly a comparable situation.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I usually like her videos but this was overlong and fairly shallow for all of that. It does feel waaaay too late for such a basic recap and simplistic analysis. Hopefully part 2 is more interesting.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
She could have done the conversation around the show a service by creating a video in 5 parts

• Daenerys Targaryen
  • Sansa Stark
  • Women in Westeros (Gender politics, misogyny, rape)
  • Other Minorities in Westeros (people of color, homosexuals)
  • Books vs. Show Comparisons
She could have really gotten under the skin of the show to show what D and D really missed instead of just reciting what any ERA fan and a keyboard already wrote.

The problem is not timing. It's content. I delved deeper into the show in one night last year on my keyboard.

Another problem is that she very clearly doesn't care that much.

If she were both an adamant fan and infused that with her typical style, she could have written a much better essay.

EDIT: Also, why not also obtain an exclusive interview with a person who worked on the show now that they're free from contract?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping in part 2 she can do a feminist analysis of game of thrones. It's something I haven't seen a single YouTuber talk about. That would at least make her video unique.

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Hope part 2 is a step up. I have loved Lindsey since the Nostalgia Chick days, but this was pretty much her copy/pasting vague internet babble on the last season.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it deserves its own thread so I'll share it here. Linday's video was demonetized because of a 3.5 seconds clip of a copyrighted song:

She is obviously pissed about it.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I enjoyed it... maybe not as sharp as some of her other videos but i'd say that's mostly cause her other videos were tackling topics that deserved more attention and care than GoT last seasons are ever going to get.

Besides it's not like she was gonna shed light on some unknown truth here after the body is dead and buried in the floor. 95% of the internet has been dissecting this series since day one.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, any word on when part 2 will be going up?
K54ZlkN.gif

YOU BUMPING FUCK.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
"Oh wow part 2 must be up"

Monster

i wonder what even can be said about it that hasn't already been discussed to death? part 1 was basically criticism that we all repeated and discussed ad nauseam in the GoT thread while it was still on air. I dont see part 2 beign anything more either.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i wonder what even can be said about it that hasn't already been discussed to death? part 1 was basically criticism that we all repeated and discussed ad nauseam in the GoT thread while it was still on air. I dont see part 2 beign anything more either.
Part 1 was just a recap and I agree said nothing of note. Part 2 should be the good stuff. These last seasons have far too much to criticize to think weve exhausted it all a month and a half after the fact.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
At this point take your time. I don't want an hour long video of ice cold hot takes. Unless she manages to get exclusive interviews with cast/crew/showrunners I don't know what she has to add to the discourse.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Annoyed this wasn't bumped because Part 2 was up but at least I got to catch up on the tail end of the month old posts where someone unironically compared making a joke about Zack Snyder's mother to...:checks notes:...Michael Jackson's pedophilia. Whew.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, any word on when part 2 will be going up?
She said two weeks ago that she was busy writing and re-writing it, and that it was going to be very long because there's so much to say, and that it would be done in maybe a week... Is what she said two weeks ago.

Basically, she bit off more than she can chew with this one. But she's working on it.

Take your time Lindsay!

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Well of all the false-thread-bumping-nerve! Was looking forward to GoT Part 2: The Search for More Dragons.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
What a waste of a bump. And y'all made me look at the "controversy" about Lindsey making a bad joke about Znyder's mom once.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Not the video (don't kill me), but she's tweeting highlights from the final episode script and oooh, boy. Here's the thread:

Last edited:

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Is this like a fresh perspective or the same talking points that always come up during GOT threads?

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty let down by the first video. Totally forgettable actually. Curious how this one will stack up.

I've consumed so many takes, including her twitter takes, I'm really not sure what else she can add to the conversation with this video.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I was pretty let down by the first video. Totally forgettable actually. Curious how this one will stack up.

I've consumed so many takes, including her twitter takes, I'm really not sure what else she can add to the conversation with this video.
How I feel also. The first video was a waste of time and has killed my anticipation for the second one.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna make a thread on this, but I'll put it here for now. So the disgusting reddit sub /asiofcirclejerk has been openly harassing her due to her criticism of the final season and the sub owner ( or whatever is called) recently started posting pics from her private life. They made a bot that post her mug shot whenever she is mentioned. They also hate Emilia Clarke for some stupid reason and openly hate on her. A bunch of incles is what they are.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
^^^ wow I guess Reddit's just gonna tolerate that huh.
-
Before this thread went to sleep I did want to point out something in that while certainly in our circle her criticism of What Happened to GoT wasn't anything new I saw people on twitter seeing the takes as the first time, and she has outreach to people who are casual observers but don't go out of their way to look for the gold rush of critiques as they came out during and immediately after the show.

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the second part. I think this might be more of what people wanted. It's an hour long video talking about how the show betrayed many of its main characters, and uses clips from the show itself to illustrate it; each section is dedicated to a specific character, with an overall idea being that as the two showrunners basically became the sole power of the show (no GRRM or books to follow) they revealed who they are and what they think about the characters themselves. But, it's not full of new information because, well, it's been discussed to death at this point. At the least, since she took the time to get the relevant clips and juxtapose them with the later episodes, or interviews with the two showrunners, it might be less of a "he said she said" thing that the debates end up being since there's usually no presentation of evidence, just arguments.