ara

Oct 26, 2017
Reminds me that maybe I should finally watch seasons 2 to 4. I've had them on DVD for like a year now and still haven't even started.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
Looks good, but also very Line of Duty. To a certain extent, you've seen one series, you've seen them all.
If they're going for the "top man" in the police corruption though, maybe this'll be the final series.
Only so many series they can do because it doesn't quite reinvent itself each time.

Stephen Graham (sp?) will be aces though.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I had been meaning to start the series for a while and this post spurred me to it. Watched the first two episodes so far (on Hulu), it's been pretty good.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Interesting to see them focusing on the "balaclava men"/corruption side-plot after four seasons of it in the background.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Just watched the first episode. I was expecting a twist as the set-up is never all it seems but I actually wasn't expecting that, makes me wonder what's the deal with Lisa.

They're obviously making hints about Hastings too but I just don't see him being corrupt. It would betray everything we know about his character and need an extremely good explanation to pull off. Something's going to happen there though.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
They're obviously making hints about Hastings too but I just don't see him being corrupt. It would betray everything we know about his character and need an extremely good explanation to pull off. Something's going to happen there though.

Yeah, I suspect there's something going on with him, but it's not necessarily him having been "H" all along.

There's not any senior cops from previous seasons still kicking about?

Last edited:

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
Oh my GOD

I actually guessed the twist about the undercover officer but I didn't expect
Maya to be killed [\spoiler]

God damn

Line of Duty is back!

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
P.S did anyone else spot Ryan (the little shit from series one!) in the OCG? He's all grown up now.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I think you meant "producer" because it is pretty weird to use the word "maker" on film terminology.

Btw are you talking that Bodyguard show from Nx?

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen season 1-4 plus bodyguard and I think these shows are absolute shit. They do this thing, much like 24, where everything from plot to characters are sacrificed to the benefit of having constant cliffhangers and twists until the last moment of the show and it's never the sort of things that's fun or rewarding to think about and try figure out yourself, it's just layers and layers of stupidity and bad writing on top of each other.

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
dang so if i enjoyed the bodyguard i should give this show a shot?
Yeah, but start at the beginning because if you jump straight into the new series then not only will you miss a lot of background plot and not really know WTF is going on, but you'll also miss all of the clever little callbacks.

FWIW this is about 100 times better than The Bodyguard.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
Yeah, but start at the beginning because if you jump straight into the new series then not only will you miss a lot of background plot and not really know WTF is going on, but you'll also miss all of the clever little callbacks.

FWIW this is about 100 times better than The Bodyguard.
Definitely but make sure you watch it from the beginning.

All of it. Go. Now. Don't hestitate.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm excited to start the show. :D

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Ted was being framed last week and now I'm convinced. Money trouble, freemason links, questionable shooting and a history of dodgy staff one of whom he's ensured died with a record clean enough for her family to be looked after which could easily be twisted. Perfect fall guy.

The clincher was him being ok with the other OCG being framed last week. Double whammy of looking like he's helping Stephen Graham's lot and an odd sort of karma coming back to bite him

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Are they referring to the Bodyguard series that came out on Netflix a few months ago? The one with Rob Stark lol?

Is this on Netflix in the US?

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell, edge of the seat stuff. Yeah it's likely that Hastings is a red herring, but still no guarantees.

Also based upon what John Corbett said to
Maneet, before having her killed
, last week, it's likely that he
really thought she was bent and deserved to die
, which falls in line with what he told Steve.

Last edited:

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Fucking hell, edge of the seat stuff. Yeah it's likely that Hastings is red herring, but still no guarantees.

Also based upon what John Corbett said to
Maneet, before having her killed
, last week, it's likely that he
really thought she was bent and deserved to die
, which falls in line with what he told Steve.

Absolutely,

Making Corbett something of an unhinged vigilante happy to have corrupt officers murdered was an interesting route for the character - at the start I was expecting him to either be a straight up "honest" undercover cop or an outright corrupt, criminal one.

Also good to see Stephen Graham getting to use his own accent!

Last edited:

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely,

Making Corbett something of an unhinged vigilante happy to have corrupt officers murdered was an interesting route for the character - at the start I was expecting him to either be a straight up "honest" undercover cop or an outright corrupt, criminal one.

Also good to see Stephen Graham getting to use his own accent!

I honestly thought that it was a female undercover officer.

The first two episodes have been great, but series 1-4 set high benchmarks.

I think for me personally, series in order of preference (not including 5):

Series 2
Series 4
Series 3
Series 1

flook

Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible that Ted could be H? Are they selling us a dummy? I don't know anymore.

Agreed about Stephen Graham though - he's playing a blinder.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Just finished the 4th season a couple of hours ago. This series is absolutely amazing. I've seen people comparing this to Luther but despite being British and related to police/investigation, there is not much else similar (I cant choose which one is better).

I hope they release the 5th season at the same time in my region.

edit. wait, what? there are 3 episodes already? gotta watch asp

Last edited:

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible that Ted could be H? Are they selling us a dummy? I don't know anymore.

Agreed about Stephen Graham though - he's playing a blinder.
I'd say no chance unless it's a double bluff. The show is rarely that telegraphed but there's obviously something yet to be revealed happening there.

The casting in this show has always been excellent, in my opinion. Graham no exception.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Stephen Graham is a massively underappreciated actor - I think in part because he's virtually always cast as a gangster or thug.

He's got great material to work with here and he's knocking out the park.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Up to this episode I was sure Hargreaves was the H. He isn't H but I am glad I was right at least.

The show is selling Ted to be H but in theory that would indicate that he isn't (they never do the obvious thing). I always thought Gill was a fckng bet copper so I would bet on her. Or Ted. I dont know.

What was he doing with that laptop in this episode? Any plausible non corrupt explanation?