• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Found this on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/bngo9g/new_evidence_for_red_dead_redemption_2_confirmed/

Programmer at Rockstar Leeds who has deleted the information from his profile:

wcu6Dta.png

Also, Rockstar Toronto Physics Programmer has it on their LinkedIn profile as well: REMOVED

R7zn8pP.png

Honestly, not surprising. I hope it comes out this year, though. It is easy MUNEH for Rockstar.

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'm really not a fan of people hunting down these profiles and lurking through them to find this information, it puts these people's jobs and livelihoods on the line for slipping up. Same thing happened with that dude working in QA joining Rocksteady a few days ago.

If you're going to do it, at least censor their names and info.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Just use this instead

R7zn8pP.png

Also this info is interesting. Looks like Rockstar were working on the PC version in tandem with PS4/XB1. Really don't understand why they never bothered for a simultaneous launch with the consoles but whatever.

i'm kidding, it's quite obviously money and it's going to work out for them just like GTA IV, Max Payne 3, L.A Noire and GTA V

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
We know it's coming to PC. The question is when.

Though I personally say let them take their time. A PC version with the latest tech like ray tracing would be worth waiting for.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not a fan of people hunting down these profiles and lurking through them to find this information, it puts these people's jobs and livelihoods on the line for slipping up. Same thing happened with that dude working in QA joining Rocksteady a few days ago.

If you're going to do it, at least censor their names and info.
The whole practice of stalking developers LinkedIn, just unsettling.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Thanks. I'll make sure to hide personal info if I make a thread about something similar to this next time.
All good đź‘Ť

On topic though, GTA V Next Gen was announced at E3 2014 for PC, PS4 and XB1 so it's not totally out of the realm of possibility if they announced RDR2 PC this E3. If not this E3 then maybe once we get more news on the next-gen consoles? I could Rockstar attempting to get out RDR2 next gen for the launch of the new consoles. Wonder if it'll come to Steam, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping 60FPS+ makes the game feel better to play. Worked wonders for GTA5, expecting just about the same thing here. So yeah, hurry up, I want smooth frame rates and mods, ASAP.

We know it's coming to PC. The question is when.

Though I personally say let them take their time. A PC version with the latest tech like ray tracing would be worth waiting for.

I'd settle for non-shit HDR, but RT ambient occlusion for foliage and such (like Days Gone without the drawbacks) would add a lot to the world.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I had no doubt it was coming to PC, just wished it launched same time as consoles, but I'm guessing they want to make the most money possible by delaying it until sometime later so people end up double dipping. Even though I enjoyed it to a point, stopped playing around the halfway point, I'm still going to end up buying the PC version, launching at the same time as consoles I would have skipped the PS4 version.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
The question ain't PC

The question is 2K is buddy enough with Epic to do a 6 month exclusive deal like BL3

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Thinking about it, what I'm thinking Rockstar might do is probably release RDR2 next gen for the launch of PS5 and the next Xbox in late 2020 and bring the PC version over a few months later (probably April-May 2021). Basically exactly how they handled GTA V.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Really don't understand why they never bothered for a simultaneous launch with the consoles but whatever.
Double dipping. I bought GTAV 3 times. PS3/4 and PC. I'll buy RDR2 if it comes to PC despite owning it on One and PS4.
it's because they're adding ray tracing please let me have a fucking great ass ray tracing implementation with a good pc port

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I think the PC version release will coincide with Red Dead Online coming out of beta.

The mods will be immaculate.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's a given.

The only thing in question is if it's gonna be EGS exclusive or not.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
A PC version of RDR 2 was an expectation.

They need to wait just long enough that they can ensure the most double dips possible. I say likely around a year after initial launch.

I wonder what they're working on now in regards to the online though. It's been a complete flop and nowhere close to the jugggernaut of GTA Online

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Hope the fix the controls

GTA 5 on consoles (even the current gen versions) have a largely the same problems as RDR 2 does on PS4/X1. Just a general feeling of sluggishness with both the movement and aiming, making using free aim feel very difficult.

GTA 5 on the pc though.... at 60+ fps it feels great, very responsive and fun. The aiming with mouse is just like any other shooter, no input lag or swimmy feel whatsoever. I expect RDR 2 to be similiar.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Really hoping 60FPS+ makes the game feel better to play.

I mean, theres no question about it. Thats the purpose of high framerate, making games snappy and responsive. Just make sure you play with mouse and keyboard. GTA 5 was full of topics on neogaf and here about how backwards rockstar is in gameplay and controls and how bad everything feels. Then when you read all the points - none of that exists playing with m/kb. The shooting, reacting, interactions with the game world, sprinting, they all become better

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, theres no question about it. Thats the purpose of high framerate, making games snappy and responsive. Just make sure you play with mouse and keyboard. GTA 5 was full of topics on neogaf and here about how backwards rockstar is in gameplay and controls and how bad everything feels. Then when you read all the points - none of that exists playing with m/kb. The shooting, reacting, interactions with the game world, sprinting, they all become better

There's only so much you can do when animation priority is getting in the way though. Better performance will take care of the input lag, but the rest is up in the air until I get my hands on it.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
I actually hope that this releases after the PS5 and XB2 versions. I say that since I don't want a situation where they added even more stuff to the PS5 version but don't add it to the PC version (GTA V added more stuff for the PS4 and XBO releases and was also a part of the PC version as well since that launched after).

It's very possible that this game will not release on Steam. Some have mentioned how Epic may have made a deal with Take2 about how Take2 would get 100% of the sales of the RDOnline stuff. If that is true it won't just be a 6 month exclusive but a life time exclusive.

If RDR2 does become a EGS lifetime exclusive I think I will just buy it from the Rockstar Social Club (despite hearing that it has a number of issues)

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
There's only so much you can do when animation priority is getting in the way though. Better performance will take care of the input lag, but the rest is up in the air until I get my hands on it.

Obviously, but the game is designed around that. It's a slow paced game, both in terms of gameplay and narrative. That isn't getting changed with 240 fps either.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
If they release an updated version like they did with GTA5 and include a VR mode i might bite.

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously, but the game is designed around that. It's a slow paced game, both in terms of gameplay and narrative. That isn't getting changed with 240 fps either.

That was the point of my original post though. I know it's going to feel better, but I don't know if the improvement will be large enough for me to enjoy gunfights.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine those landscapes on PC? #SweeeeeetJesus

Imo, RDR2 has the most incredible and accurate landscapes ever made in game history! It's almost unbelievable how tf Rockstar nailed that.

username.ymt

Nov 15, 2017
This has been all but confirmed since "our community" extracted and perused PC version dev files many months ago.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
BOAH

Excited for more people to play one of the best games of the generation.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to buying it on the Epic game store when it comes out.

I dropped the game when I played on PS4 pro but I'll probably give it another shot on PC.