• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
What resolution is it struggling at for full screen? (not sure what res the game is)

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
People: WHY NO GAMEPLAY IN THIS E3?!?!?!

Nintendo: Here's gameplay of an unfinished game...

People: FRAMERATE CHOPPY!! PRE-ORDER CANCELLED!!!!

Notice how there's no opinion in both the journalist's reports and the OP. No one is saying this shit. They're just reporting on facts.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
It sure would be ironic if the remake ran worse than the 20 year old original... but I trust it will be fixed.

Corralx

Aug 23, 2018
London, UK
While it's never good news this close to release, Nintendo has a consistent history of great performance in first party games so I'm hopeful.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
why should it be fixed? BOTW was a stuttering nightmare in some areas too. will never forget the plateau at release, had instant buyers remorse for the Switch.

cool that fanboys are dismissing reports about conflicting performance as "will surely be fixed by release!" "no way this will have performance issues" i mean everyone can have his opinion but i will believe it when i see it.

lets be real, many games don´t run exactly great on Switch and even Nintendos own games make heavy sacrifices like no AA to run good

OP
OP
Equanimity

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
It has a 60fps cap. From what I can see, the problem with the E3 build is that there's no inbetween. If it drops below 60, it drops all the way down to 30. Hopefully they optimize this. It was pretty obvious in the stream.
From what Brad and Dan said on last nights Giant Bomb check in, it sounds like it hits 60 indoors, and the drops to 30 when you go outside.

Ah that sounds like double buffer vsync.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
A bit worrying considering the game is out pretty soon, BoTW ran really poorly on the Switch so it might be a bit of a dealbreaker for me if they don't fix it.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does anyone know if this is using the albw engine? it certainly looks like it.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Right? I've been seeing this shit more often and it never stops being a terrible "argument" to make.

Not to mention in this specific scenario, it's a really weakass attempt at a "gotcha". You can both a) want to see more footage of actual gameplay and b) be critical of said gameplay footage. That's not hypocritical.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I watched the gameplay demo and didn't think it was that bad but hopefully any issues are just because it's an early build and will be fixed by launch.

It's really sad to see posts like this that are so derisive towards what has been a reasonable discussion and reaction.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I played it yesterday and I didn't run into noticeable frame drops. It doesn't feel like 60fps, when running around, but the only thing that stood out to me that I hope they polish up before release is the aliasing around some of the edges that were pretty noticeable for me at points around some characters.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
So you think an E3 demo is ready for stores? People expectations are just ridiculous. E3 demos are usually several versions behind and if it is not obvious, this is has not gone gold.

I'm not trying to freak out or anything about it, just seems like the game is coming out really soon and to hear about the demo having issues like 30/60fps outside/inside and being choppy when the trailers looked good just concerned me.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
We know Nintendo polishes everything in the final months of development. I wouldn't be surprised that this demo is from an old build and that it will be 6o fps locked at launch.

EAD Tokyo is the one developer that consistently doesn't dissapoint in that regard.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's in development still.

You can't say it can't be steady here. Calm down. Save those critics for the finished product
Sure, I know that. I am saying this game doesn't have any reason to have performance issues in general. I am not saying that because it has them now, it will have then in the final release as well.

why should it be fixed? BOTW was a stuttering nightmare in some areas too. will never forget the plateau at release, had instant buyers remorse for the Switch.

cool that fanboys are dismissing reports about conflicting performance as "will surely be fixed by release!" "no way this will have performance issues" i mean everyone can have his opinion but i will believe it when i see it.

lets be real, many games don´t run exactly great on Switch and even Nintendos own games make heavy sacrifices like no AA to run good
This post lacks so much perspective it borders on satire.

ohitsluca

Oct 29, 2017
People had concerns about Odyssey pre launch and by the time it came out it was flawless. Resolution increased, flawless framerate. Besides BoTW which was really pushing hardware boundaries, Nintendo has an amazing track record in this regard. I have absolutely zero concerns

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
I trust Nintendo enough to fix this before launch, good that sites are reporting on it though.

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
A bit worrying considering the game is out pretty soon, BoTW ran really poorly on the Switch so it might be a bit of a dealbreaker for me if they don't fix it.

BotW ran poorly on Switch? That really is nonsense.

Odyssey and BOTW don't. Splatoon 2 plaza is rough too.

Zelda 3D games never had a fully stable framerate, its nearly impossible to achieve a stable framerate in a complex Open World game. Anyway BOTW was fluid most of the times, only fluctuated heavy in one special place.

Digital Foundry said Mario Odyssey was almost always 60FPS, only on a very few occasions the framerate was below 60. This was my experience too. Splatoon 2 Plaza is a HUB you barely use in the game, the game itself is always fluid 60 FPS.

Anyway I am sure Awakenings framerate will be stable when the game launches. I feel we have this discussion before every Nintendo game.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its very noticeable from the streams. But this is a likely months old demo for a game that's still months away, which is where a lot of polish happens.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not trying to freak out or anything about it, just seems like the game is coming out really soon and to hear about the demo having issues like 30/60fps outside/inside and being choppy when the trailers looked good just concerned me.
Its an E3 demo, not even a public demo. The game is not done.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure E3 demo's are never a games latest build.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Not a big deal.

The demo is probably an old build, and if it's not fixed by launch, Nintendo will probably patch it.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I imagine it'll be optimised before launch. It's doubtful that the E3 build is the game's most recent build also.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018

Exactly!!!! Everyone in this forum knows this isn't a finished game and people still bitching and complaining. This is why E3 is trash now and no developer shows any real gameplay anymore.