• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

prizna

Jan 15, 2018
Anyone who played the demo figure out what the trophy stands were for in some of the buildings?

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
It has a 60fps cap. From what I can see, the problem with the E3 build is that there's no inbetween. If it drops below 60, it drops all the way down to 30. Hopefully they optimize this. It was pretty obvious in the stream.
Maybe they'll drop it down to 30fps like the usual AAA console games this generation.

Jun 17, 2018
It's an E3 demo, it's allowed to have a few technical issues at this stage. For a September release it's probably finished aside from some optimization and last minute touches.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
This is such an absurd take away. There is a very specific reason why these demos specifically state they aren't final, etc. Because some jack ass with a keyboard who gets paid jack shit writes some article without the necessary knowledge to properly assess what they're experiencing.

The enthusiast press is the worst.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Framerate drops are concerning, but...

Please tell me the text boxes for keys/acorns/rupees/pieces of power don't appear beyond the first time you collect them (or at least only once per play session).

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
People saying that there is no way that Nintendo will ship this without fixing the framerate issues clearly did not play Wind Waker HD. The framerate in that game tanked hard when shooting the canon on your ship / getting shot by enemy canons.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
Do we have any updated impressions of the frame rate from the build at SDCC?

I covered Nintendo's SDCC event. All demos present (Link's Awakening/Luigi's Mansion 3/Pokémon SwSh) were the E3 versions, so no changes on that front. I noticed the same frame drops and slowdown playing Link's Awakening at SDCC as I did at E3.

That said, IT'S A PRE-RELEASE TRADE SHOW DEMO. Performance issues are to be expected; the game hasn't been optimized yet. Not sure why this is freaking so many people out. It's a standard part of game development, and this is Nintendo. For all their faults, technical performance and polish aren't typically among them. This thing is going to be polished to a fine sheen by the time it comes out.

If it releases as a total technical mess, feel free to quote this post and remind me I said this. I'll happily admit then I'm wrong, but I'm very confident here.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
I covered Nintendo's SDCC event. All demos present (Link's Awakening/Luigi's Mansion 3/Pokémon SwSh) were the E3 versions, so no changes on that front. I noticed the same frame drops and slowdown playing Link's Awakening at SDCC as I did at E3.

That said, IT'S A PRE-RELEASE TRADE SHOW DEMO. Performance issues are to be expected; the game hasn't been optimized yet. Not sure why this is freaking so many people out. It's a standard part of game development, and this is Nintendo. For all their faults, technical performance and polish aren't typically among them. This thing is going to be polished to a fine sheen by the time it comes out.

If it releases as a total technical mess, feel free to quote this post and remind me I said this. I'll happily admit then I'm wrong, but I'm very confident here.
Oh for sure. I get the pre-release aspect of the build. I was just curious that if it was a newer build, if there was any perceived improvement. But since it's the same build that's a moot point.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
People saying that there is no way that Nintendo will ship this without fixing the framerate issues clearly did not play Wind Waker HD. The framerate in that game tanked hard when shooting the canon on your ship / getting shot by enemy canons.
That was incredibly disappointing and surprising because the game ran very well other than those instances.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

While most of the game was fine for me, I will never forget an instance where the game ran game in the single digits. I have no clue why but it was the most surreal thing to witness out of nowhere (Since I wasn't doing anything different than normal).