• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
Good luck to him. I went off the channel after their techbro leanings, and the fence sitting of issues/landing on wrong side of the fence became too much to bear. Though I'll forever be glad for the channel introducing me to Gamers Nexus; JayzTwoCents; der8auer; and Level1Techs.
They are great for more serious takes on tech news (well except Jay). But I don't see Steve and Wendell wasting money and time on goofy endeavors like water cooling a Red Camera just too see if they can. So I think there is a place for LLT as long as they are still making videos that are too risky for the rest to be making.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I see. So exactly what I said. Clickbait.
Or it was exactly what he said it is. He's thinking about it and wanted to talk to his viewers about why.

It's such a weird dichotomy to see the dude crying his eyes out talking about doing a video for a kid dying of Leukemia and you just keep trying to have your "Aha! Got 'em!" moment. Like... fuck.

May 24, 2019
Damn. Rewound and he said if he was hit by a bus, everyone would be fine. Dude should not go back to work right now.

Scoey

Oct 27, 2017
Or it was exactly what he said it is. He's thinking about it and wanted to talk to his viewers about why.

It's such a weird dichotomy to see the dude crying his eyes out talking about doing a video for a kid dying of Leukemia and you just keep trying to have your "Aha! Got 'em!" moment. Like... fuck.

This is really a bit much. I feel like I'm being willfully misrepresented here. I am talking about LTT clickbait, but it's typical that people try to make out like I'm saying something about the tragic story he told AFTER I made my post. I have nothing but the greatest sympathy for that poor child and their family.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
... but it's typical that people try to make out like I'm saying something about the tragic story he told AFTER I made my post.

You say that, but even after you were told about the story he was telling, you still were happy to snark about it when the stream ended?

Scoey

Oct 27, 2017
You say that, but even after you were told about the story he was telling, you still were happy to snark about it when the stream ended?

I'm sorry. I entered a topic about popular clickbaiter LTT discussing "retiring" and expressed my opinion that I suspected he would in fact not retire. No snark intended. I'm sorry to continue engaging now that he has said he actually isn't actually going to retire but I feel like I'm being misrepresented.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is really a bit much. I feel like I'm being willfully misrepresented here. I am talking about LTT clickbait, but it's typical that people try to make out like I'm saying something about the tragic story he told AFTER I made my post. I have nothing but the greatest sympathy for that poor child and their family.
He was actually telling it AS you posted. You'd have known this if you gave it even a second of time instead of trying to be snarky on the internet.

And no, I'm not saying you said anything about the story he told. I'm saying the fact that you keep bringing it up looking for "vindication" in the face of what he talked about is pretty fucked. There's a point where you just let something as inconsequential as that go in the face of other things.

Scoey

Oct 27, 2017
He was actually telling it AS you posted. You'd have known this if you gave it even a second of time instead of trying to be snarky on the internet.

And no, I'm not saying you said anything about the story he told. I'm saying the fact that you keep bringing it up looking for "vindication" in the face of what he talked about is pretty fucked. There's a point where you just let something as inconsequential as that go in the face of other things.

Don't know what I can do to make this right? I only engaged because I felt like I was being misrepresented. I commented on LTT's modus operandi, not the particular story he told. Sorry.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
The bit about feeling like he's promoting mindless consumerism hits deep for me.

One thing I've always appreciated about him is being willing to speak frankly on stuff like this. He's talked before about how he hates doing the clickbait thumbnails you always see on his channel but still does it because the stats show a clear difference in views and thus revenue for his company.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
I'm sorry. I entered a topic about popular clickbaiter LTT discussing "retiring" and expressed my opinion that I suspected he would in fact not retire. No snark intended. I'm sorry to continue engaging now that he has said he actually isn't actually going to retire but I feel like I'm being misrepresented.
The channel isn't even a click bait channel what are you on? Sometimes it's just best not to post. You seems to do better doing that.

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
he is a great guy and his videos are always great, from funny nonsense to reviews that are nice it would be sad if he really is retiring.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
i caught the tail end of it and was wondering if he was crying or his mic just sounded weird.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I have a lot of respect for him. He built his company from being a lowly technician to this 10M subs. He works so hard and he is involved in everything day in and day out like 10+ years straight, It's zero to hero story and very inspiring and he has set up his company to function without him.

He's a millionaire at this point and honestly how many PC videos you can do until you burn out? go have fun and they have good people that can run the company.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, I got the notification on my phone and while I thought it was a strange time for a video, I wan't prepared for the heaviness of the stream.
No matter what happens, Linus is one of the best people in the tech video industry, and having him slow down a little won't matter if it means he gets to be with his kids and wife more.
All my respect to that man.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know what I can do to make this right? I only engaged because I felt like I was being misrepresented. I commented on LTT's modus operandi, not the particular story he told. Sorry.

It's all good, homie. Just maybe keep this in mind in the future. And for the record I'm with you on the clickbait stuff, it just wasn't the time for it is all.

Completely uncalled for, especially after have they apologized.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Can we lay off the attacks please. I've already apologised.

I'd suggest adding the apology in your first post, so that way people will see it. People tend to react immediately without reading the rest of the thread. So you'll keep getting bothered if the initial post is not updated.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Would suck

I saw him grow up from under NCIX to where he is today
I grew up watching him grow up from under NCIX, I've been watching Linus' stuff continuously since 2008 when I was 11. It's a weird feeling watching this, both sad and happy. I have a lot of respect for Linus personally and wish him all the best in whatever he wants to do, personally, I would be doing the same thing - pulling back from work and spending more time with my family. He has the ability and capital to do so and life is too short to waste the opportunity to spend as much time in our short lives with the people we love.

Oct 27, 2017
I've never been one to care all that much about the personalities I follow on the internet and I very, very rarely engage in their communities, but it was pretty difficult to watch him in that state. I have been watching Linus' videos for 10+ years at this point. I really hope everything works out well for him.

With that said, it's impressive that he's not only built himself up to his level of success at only 33, but he's also built his companies to comfortably go on if he did decide to take a step away/retire.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Taking a Leo Laporte route of doing only the stuff that he's actually passionate about and stepping back from the company would be a solid plan for him. I wish him the best of luck, that's rough.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I hope we get more technical videos with Anthony. I always love when he and Linus do videos together

Super Craig

Oct 27, 2017
There really are some nasty pieces of shit on here. Fucking hell. Hope Linus is okay. That was an uncomfortable watch.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I don't know if he could do it, but taking 50% off with his family would probably help him in many ways. And they have plenty of other talented people there.

The problem might be that viewership depends on him in many ways, so he feels compelled to be there.

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
He seems well off and for sure the channel would keep going, so I could see this happening. Personality-wise he comes off as a typical tech bro douche in his content, but his channel's videos are always well put together and very informative, dude puts in the work for sure. It's not a personal attack on him, I get that everyone puts on a different face in front of a camera. Seeing someone in this state where they've poured way more energy into their work than they do their personal life is rough to see every time, workaholism is a real thing, and I especially see this from youtube creators to the point that nearly everything they decide to do is in the context of fueling more content. It's a product of our society and culture where we value work and productivity as the highest measurement of a person's worth, and it needs to change, but as long as so many need to live this way out of necessity, I don't see it ever changing.

Last edited:

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
he has always struck me as a genuinely good person, and this video just confirms that

I hope he can find a way a happy ending to this

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Think LTT is the only channel I consistently watch on Youtube. He really brought a good group of people together within his company imo. It has been cool seeing the growth.

Deleted member 18192

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's burnt out, what an amazing heart felt real video. I hope he can figure out what makes him happy mentally going foward

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
That bit about mindless consumerism... feels like that one has been on his mind for a while.
Sounds like he's at a point where he needs to find balance in his life.

latest

Liyfda

Oct 27, 2017
Linus is a really genuine dude, he's built an amazing company with so many awesome people. Him & Yvonne deserve a nice good retirement!

signal

Oct 28, 2017
There is too much mindless consumerism promotion on some of these channels. Too much of this shit

58isJP9.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I respect Linus for this. Can't fault him for feeling the way he does at this stage in his life. He's grown a lot. I think he should fall back a bit and live his life with his family. I really enjoy his passion and enthusiasm for tech. It's the reason why I subbed to his channel.

Metal Slugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
St. Cloud, MN
His thumbnails always make it look like he got a burr stuck between his buttcheeks on the way to film but didn't have time to pull it out and it's slowly working it's way further into his butthole but he just can't stop reviewing the keyboard or whatever. Videos are OK.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
It really seems that Linus is giving up his search for a purpose for his current vocation. I can totally empathize with that, with how bad the world is, questioning whether running a popular tech channel on YouTube seems to be only human. It seemed to genuinely hurt him that he could never find that purpose though. Anyway I've only recently gotten into his content but he seems to know his stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
His thumbnails always make it look like he got a burr stuck between his buttcheeks on the way to film but didn't have time to pull it out and it's slowly working it's way further into his butthole but he just can't stop reviewing the keyboard or whatever. Videos are OK.

Linus has said multiple times, that he doesn't like the stupid thumbnails but they work and at the end of the day, that funds the salaries for his employees, the rent and the quality of the videos. I can't fault that.