• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I watched a couple parts from the series. This is what I got from it...

Origin is just overpriced. If you're not tech savvy, HP is an excellent overall value. If you are tech savvy, Ibuypower is a better value. Stay away from Alienware. Maingear was actually solid, but not the best performance. Never heard of them before.

If I was going to suggest a PC for someone else and I wanted to provide zero tech support, I'd probably suggest an HP.

HP also had better build quality, better case, and so I'd argue that if you are tech savvy HP is the better buy because you can fuck around with the parts and change up a few things to improve it. Like damn HP's case looked neat.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This video is actually pretty informative.

Remind me to never bother with CyberPowerPC...jesus

my very first gaming PC was from them about 10 years ago? I wasn't confident enough to build by myself so my girlfriend got me one for my birthday. she spent about 1,800 dollars for an SLI build, RAID configuration, 16 gigs of RAM, water cooling AIO, etc. all very nice I was very happy, could max out games back then at 2560x1600.

within about 6 months i started having video card issues. I sent it in to have someone take a look because customer service wasn't great help over the phone and when they gave it back to me one of the cards was missing and they had replaced with a completely different model.

when I called customer service to ask for an explanation all the guy told me was "yah that card is better" it wasn't. it was a lower model but with more VRAM. I was stunned. my girlfriend had paid for an SLI build and when I send it in they arbritarily take one of the cards without explanation and give a worse performing card.
oh and the case was banged up and damaged. I was speechless. that's when I decided to build my own. never dealt with them again.
with that said I always thought maingear and falcon northwest are the two best boutique shops.

Yeah this is why ton of people default to Apple.

almost like you didn't watch the video to see what specifically they were looking for in a PC. (hint, it was for gaming) also, tons of people in fact do not switch to Apple desktops or laptops for gaming.

OP
OP

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
So the latest WAN Show has a great interview with Janice for it's first half.

It's interesting to hear her take and what did or didn't bother her.