• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Lion King musical in London the same as the one on Broadway? In terms of production values and spectacle.
We're going to watch the one in London later this year and we can't wait.
I hope so.

But I don't think it would be easy to replicate the Rafiki was saw.

She seemed like one in a million.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I saw Spider-Man Into the Dark on broadway and now I'll be able to enjoy Spider-Man PS4 even more.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping that when Disney announced "live action Lion King", they were going to do the mask thing the musical does instead of an animated film but now with realistic looking CGI.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping that when Disney announced "live action Lion King", they were going to do the mask thing the musical does instead of an animated film but now with realistic looking CGI.
That would be way more powerful if they did the people with masks if they were as talented as some of the people I saw.

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this a few years back, and left kinda disappointed. Only other musical I had seen was Wicked. Went in expecting something more original, I guess. Same dialog, same music as the movie. Pretty dumb expectation in hindsight, but it was like listening to the cartoon without the vibrant aestetic. Probably would have appreciated the costumes more if I had a closer seat.

Deleted member 24112

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I actually didn't like it at all. Circle of life was spectacular, but lack of 'be prepared', and the the presence of Timur and Pumba (that's their names right?) undermines all the artistic costumes and staging. They're just so lame and the costumes are really jarring. You have these wonderful masks from the whole cast and then suddenly you've got a dude wearing a warthog like he's in a car and a janky looking meerkat puppet. Granted, I know they're for kids but I saw adults chuckling at their antics. I saw it twice too (dragged the second time).

Book of Mormon, however! Brilliant!

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Saw Hamilton a week ago, and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child earlier this year. Definitely getting more into Broadway, and I see this is coming to Norfolk next year. I'll definitely be checking it out.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Saw it in Vegas at the Mandalay Bay a few years back.
It is a visual masterpiece in set and costume design and technical direction .
It is actually hold your breath stunning to see in person.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say that, but the play is fantastic. I've seen it twice and I'm going a third time this fall.

Updog

Alt-Account.
Jul 25, 2018
Why is the thread title assuming everyone's life is defined by videogames and movies?

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Does OP work for the show?

I mean it's good but there are lots of shows as good, you should check out more musicals.