• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Since 3rd party titles now starts to implement video recording support to their games as well, I made this list of the games that currently support it (or will/might support it). Let me know if any game is missing from the list!

The video recording feature was added to the 4.0 update of the Switch OS.

NOTE: All ACA NeoGeo games that have been released during 2018 and beyond support it. They are not listed here.

Games with video capture support, available now:
1-2-Switch
10 Second Run Returns
20XX
ARMS
Attack on Titan
Axiom Verge
Bad Dudes
Banner Saga 1 (and probably 2 & 3?)
Bayonetta 1
Bayonetta 2
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
Bloodstained: Curse of The Moon
Blossom Tales
Bomb Chicken
Brawlout
Celeste
Cities: Skylines
Dandara
Dark Souls Remastered
Dead Cells
Debris Infinity
Don't Die Mr. Robot! DX
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Dragon Ball FighterZ
Dragon Fang Z (Beta)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Fairune Collection
Fe
Fire Emblem Warriors
The Flame in the Flood
FIFA 18 (late update)
Flinthook
Flipping Death
Floor Kids
Fortnite (support has currently been removed)
Freedom Planet
Go Vacation
Graceful Explosion Machine
Gunbird
Hand of Fate 2
Heroki
Human: Fall Flat
Into the Breach
Inversus Deluxe
Just Shapes & Beats
Kirby Star Allies
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2
Magical Drop III
Marble if Up
Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Mark of the Ninja
Mega Man 11
Mega Man Legacy Collection 1
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2
The Messenger
Miles & Kilo
Minecraft
Mini Metro
Minit
The Missing
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Monster Hunter XX
Mutant Mudds Collection
n++
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy
Nekopara vol.1
NES (Nintendo Online App)
NeuroVoider
The Next Penelope
Nine Parchments
Oceanhorn
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Okami HD
Outlast
Overcooked! 2
Owlboy
Pats Box
Picross S2
Pinball FX3
Pocket Rumble
Pokken Tournament
Prison Architect
Quest of Dungeons
Risk of Rain
RIVE
A Robot Named Fight!
Rocket League
Rogue Aces
Sengoku 3
Shining Resonance
Sky Rogue
Sling Ming
SNK Heroines
Sonic Mania
Splatoon 2
Stakes Winner
Stardew Valley
STAY
Steredenn: Binary Stars
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection
Strikers 1945 II
Super Mario Odyssey
The Swindle
Thumper
Toki Tori
Toki Tori 2+
TorqueL - Physics Modified Edition -
Unexplored
Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story
Vertical Drop Heroes
Völgarr the Viking
The Walking Dead Season 1
The Walking Dead Final Season
Wizard of Legend
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Worms W.M.D.
Xeodrifter
Yoku's Island Express
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
Zaccaria Pinball

Games with planned/rumored future support for video capture (with source):
Shovel Knight ("...in the next update...")
Soccer Slammers ("...post-launch update...")

Last edited:

VoltySquirrel

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Golf Story had it for when I got an albatross on a par 5

I hope in the future Nintendo provides support for devs to be able to do this before launch.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Man, 30ish hours of Odyssey trained me to try video recording every time something cool happens. Now 30nhours of rocket league hasn't broken that javbit even tho I can't do it yet.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Don't forget Super Mario Odyssey too. Rocket league needs to have it soon

OP
OP
jariw

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
I wish Golf Story had it for when I got an albatross on a par 5

I hope in the future Nintendo provides support for devs to be able to do this before launch.

I think it's up to the customers to ask the developers of their favorite games to implement it. (I doubt that it's difficult to implement, since the Switch developer documentation apparently is very good.) When enough games have the video recording feature, companies will make sure that they include what the competitors include.

Just look at what has happened regarding the Switch icons.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This needs to be system wide
It is, it's just not activated by default. I would've preferred it if a developer had to deactivate it instead of activating it through a patch. Many will probably never bothered with activating it, but you bet they would've deactivated it if they didn't want it.

thebisonxrc

Oct 25, 2017
I really want this for Fire Emblem Warriors. I'm surprised that it hasn't been implemented already. My fingers are crossed that it comes soon.

Deleted member 62

It should've been an opt-out feature as on other platforms, not one where developers need to opt-in.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Oh Rocket League might be getting it? I've held the capture button a number of times out of habit from Odyssey and I'm disappointed every time it doesn't work. Rocket League needs it badly.

Yolkghost

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Mario + Rabbids had it, I always wanted to record all the cool bounces followed by extra shots I pulled off.

Kyo555

Oct 29, 2017
I really wish they'd increase the video length in the future. 30 seconds is nice and all, but you cannot fit a single Mario Kart race on there (for example)

Yolkghost

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they'd increase the video length in the future. 30 seconds is nice and all, but you cannot fit a single Mario Kart race on there (for example)
I remember reading or hearing somewhere that Nintendo plans to add more support they just want to get as many games as possible to achieve 30 seconds first.

OP
OP
jariw

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Shovel Knight will get video recording support in the next update. Added it to the list.

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the thread, this will be useful!

On that note, should I upgrade from a 64GB? IDK if 64GB is too small now that recording is a feature. (For reference of my habits, I usually buy games physically when I can)

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
What on earth would you even record in 1-2 Switch? Isn't the 'game' just static images and tutorial videos?

I'm wishing Fast RMX gets this feature, but I'm not optimistic. Shin'en pls ;-;

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
I love Stardew Valley, but what are people recording with that?

Nothing yet, the patch with that feature is still with Nintendo for approval prior to release.

Once it's released, perhaps some will record hooking and hauling in a very difficult fish?

Heart events too?

It will also be useful for recording any bugs that are tough to reprroduce.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I've not tried it yet but I hear the playback quality is better if you take the video file off your Micro SD Card and play on your comp. Rather than watch it directly on the Switch. For sharing purposes.

OP
OP
jariw

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Added NeuroVoider to the list of games that will receive support (in version 1.0.2).

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the thread, this will be useful!

On that note, should I upgrade from a 64GB? IDK if 64GB is too small now that recording is a feature. (For reference of my habits, I usually buy games physically when I can)
I have a 128, captured tons of videos from BOTW and SMO, and I think I'm at like 5-10% full maybe? LOL I've purchased quite a few indies, but most of my major releases are physical, so you're probably good. :)

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why Nintendo decided to require enabling video recording on a per title basis.

Means most third games will never get it :/

qq more

Oct 25, 2017
I have a 128, captured tons of videos from BOTW and SMO, and I think I'm at like 5-10% full maybe? LOL I've purchased quite a few indies, but most of my major releases are physical, so you're probably good. :)
Awesome. Thanks! Guess it'll be wiser for me to upgrade later since they'll be cheaper when I need them.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Golf Story doesn't support this feature which is kinda ridiculous. It's the sorta game that is the reason that feature exists to begin with.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I've not tried it yet but I hear the playback quality is better if you take the video file off your Micro SD Card and play on your comp. Rather than watch it directly on the Switch. For sharing purposes.

Sharing on Twitter and Facebook compresses the file to a ridiculous extent. If you copy it off the SD card and then upload to YouTube, it remains in HD quality.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I wish Doom had this. Skyrim having it makes me a little bit more likely to buy it for some reason... my cousin was singing the Switch version's praises the other day, I might have to give it a go