• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Sorry for making yet another TLOU 2 thread, but i didnt find anything like this in here. Basically, what details, easter eggs, gameplay mechanics and such have you noticed in here that you maybe havent seen in games yet? Beware of spoilers.

There are obviously easter eggs to TLOU 1 and even PS3/ND's games...

What I find fascinating is Abby's fear of heights.I thought my mind was making it up but whenever i was about to climb a ladder from roof or just stood on the edge I noticed that the player is feeling something similar to Abby - Vertigo. View gets narrowed and bottom seems way more deeper than it really is. Abby even starts shaking more and more by every other second she stands on the edge. They incorporated her fear of heights in the gameplay and it was fucking cool!

What little details did fascinate you?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Not my pics:

1. you can see enemies teeth if you manage to land a hit on their faces, not sure if its random, specific to weapons/angle of impact but holy shit

j4hpwic6ykg9.jpg

2. If you throw a glass bottle on enemies, the shards stick to their skin

9ia38hm5pk6z.jpg

OP
OP
fanboy

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
ND is famous for their love for details. Many players miss them/dont notice them or something, so lets shine a spotlight and praise their work. That teeth stuff is fucking amazing lol.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
For the PS Vita on the ground, the audio from the game is positined to come from the attached headphones, not the device speakers. Move the camera around while looking at it and you'll notice.

Glass shards have collision boxes. I smashed a window and a flying shard knocked over a lampshade.

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
What I find fascinating is Abby's fear of heights.I thought my mind was making it up but whenever i was about to climb a ladder from roof or just stood on the edge I noticed that the player is feeling something similar to Abby - Vertigo. View gets narrowed and bottom seems way more deeper than it really is. Abby even starts shaking more and more by every other second she stands on the edge. They incorporated her fear of heights in the gameplay and it was fucking cool!

What little details did fascinate you?

I genuinely wasn't sure at first whether it was my own sense of unease kicking in or a gameplay thing.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
When you zoom in with Ellie you can see her straining her eyes. I figure this out when I zoom in on a mirror.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I loved that they altered the FOV whenever Abby looked down to a large drop

Here's a good collection of cool details:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
1. The very first scene with Abby is her uncomfortably waking up from a dream.

2. The owl mug you can examine in Joel's house holds special sentiment considering it's the last item Ellie ever saw him interact with.

Just cool significant things they put in from the start that shine on a second playthrough.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Bandages applied with medkits slowly soak through with blood, and using more than one will result in the player applying another bandage to a different location.

Enemies blown up with mines leave bits stuck to the ceiling, which will then fall down after a while.

You always take out the bullet in the chamber before modding and will have to reload that one bullet after.

Saw these in a video.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
When you zoom in with Ellie you can see her straining her eyes. I figure this out when I zoom in on a mirror.

Yup, same here!

1. The very first scene of Abby is her uncomfortably waking up from a dream.

2. The owl mug you can examine in Joel's house holds special sentiment considering its the last item Ellie ever saw him interact with.

Just cool significant things they put in from the start that shine on a second playthrough.

Joel has a pair of reading glasses and "An IDIOT'S GUIDE to SPACE" on his nightstand

LgeAxPd.png

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
A neat touch in TLOU2 is when showing Jak running on the Vita, they kept it the same resolution as the actual Vita version

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I liked that Ellie has a PS3 phat when we've seen PS3 slims in the first game.

the alarm clock in Ellies room the minutes change.

Apr 27, 2020
Posted a couple of these in the spoilers thread but

- Ellie refuses to look at herself in the mirror at the farm once she returns from Santa Barbara

- Dina will start to hold her stomach once you get to Seattle. She also gets more exhausted the further into Seattle you go before you reach the theater

- Dina will take the book Ellie looks at, at the bookstore when she's not looking. Dina later leaves it in the theater and you're able to pick it up again.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Wait is that the first game ps vita girl was playing?

No she only played Hotline Miami

There was a WLF guy playing Jak 1 I believe at the stadium.

also I was joking, the footage of Jak on the Vita is ridiculously compressed and just blobs of artifacts, the Vita version was bad but not that bad

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Ellie had the toy she gave to Sam in TLOU1 in her room at the start of the game, small detail that I liked

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
No she only played Hotline Miami

There was a WLF guy playing Jak 1 I believe at the stadium.

also I was joking, the footage of Jak on the Vita is ridiculously compressed and just blobs of artifacts, the Vita version was bad but not that bad
Oh OK thanks! I don't think I noticed the other guy.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
So many cool touches in the game, damn!

Like in the WLF Stadium and the FOB you can see so many people that you later kill as Ellie. plus Alice and Bear were good doggos, but I blew up Bear with a mine. :(

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One that blew my mind was when I grabbed and started choking out an infected near a window. His flailing hand struck the window and shattered it and a clicker nearby heard it and came running.

His hand didn't just clip through it, like it would in any other game...

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What I find fascinating is Abby's fear of heights.I thought my mind was making it up but whenever i was about to climb a ladder from roof or just stood on the edge I noticed that the player is feeling something similar to Abby - Vertigo. View gets narrowed and bottom seems way more deeper than it really is.

Don't think that is vertigo, or at least that is no symptom I have ever had. It causes like instant motion sickness and makes me feel like the world is spinning or I am falling.

It fucking sucks.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
You can throw people off of the high buildings. I'm not used to the record function on the PS4, so I only have footage of what happened after (also I don't like how that function works on PS4).

Flounder

Oct 28, 2017
I found a Precursor Orb from Jak and Daxter whilst playing as Abby, she comments "what the hell is this?" when you pick it up. I think it was above a Chinese restaurant or a pottery shop if I recall.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Ellie pulls up her cowl when it's raining hard when she's on the boat

You can find Nathan Drake's ring as a collective when playing with Ellie, IIRC it's in a bank vault

In TLoU1, when finishing off an enemy brutally, Ellie would go "Damn Joel" or "Holy shit Joel". In 2, Dina comments similarly to Ellie finishing off enemies in gruesome ways, saying things like "Damn, Ellie...".

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
The way blood pools around a dead enemy changes depending on the floor material. It soaks into the snow or carpet fabric, but on a wooden or concrete floor or in water it reacts differently. Also, after walking through a pool of blood, you leaves bloody footprints around the area. ALSO, blood soaks through applied bandages:

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
You can throw people off of the high buildings. I'm not used to the record function on the PS4, so I only have footage of what happened after (also I don't like how that function works on PS4).
You can set it up so that the record feature is always recording the last X minutes of gameplay. Then all you need to do is long-press the Share button then click "save" and it'll save the last X minutes leading up to when you stopped playing.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Another one, is that every character has its own heartbeat which impacts the breathing sounds you hear.

"What's happening behind the scenes is that [Ellie] has a heart rate that is oscillating up and down," Newman said. "It goes up when you sprint, it goes up when you melee, it goes up when you take damage, and goes up into the presence of enemies. And that modulates the bucket of breathing sounds that she's able to use."
"It's been incredible because I found myself able to play cat and mouse with Clickers better than ever before because I can kind of understand them by the noises that they're making," said Newman. "And the humans will do the same thing with breathing and sprinting and stuff."
https://www.polygon.com/2019/10/1/2...-2-heartbeat-technology-naughty-dog-interview

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
That part where you go to that hotel and you see a zombie hop over the wall by jumping on a dumpster, you use it and jump over too. When you come back out of the hotel later, the dumpster is missing and you might think it just disappeared so you can't get back in there but actually it rolled down the street and tipped on its side and into a light pole.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
That part where you go to that hotel and you see a zombie hop over the wall by jumping on a dumpster, you use it and jump over too. When you come back out of the hotel later, the dumpster is missing and you might think it just disappeared so you can't get back in there but actually it rolled down the street and tipped on its side and into a light pole.
Dumpster physics were definitely a highlight of this game.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
i apparently missed the last podcast on the left reference in the game, but they mentioned it on the show the other day

luminosity

Oct 30, 2017
One that blew my mind was when I grabbed and started choking out an infected near a window. His flailing hand struck the window and shattered it and a clicker nearby heard it and came running.

His hand didn't just clip through it, like it would in any other game...

Lev refers to this as "Demon's Soul physics"