• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They said on Kickstarter when it was announced at the PS5 event that it was timed to PS/PC and would come to other consoles later so this isnt surprising.

With the partnership in place with PlayStation, Little Devil Inside will be coming to the PlayStation 5 Systems (PS5) as a PlayStation "Timed" Exclusive title which means that the game will be available only on PS5 and no other consoles for a limited time, after which, it will be available on other consoles

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's nice, it was one of the most interesting games shown all summer.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
its probably them trying not to give refunds since they og promised xbox and wiiu release

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Neat! This game looked interesting. I'll keep an eye out for the Switch version. Hope it runs well.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they even promised it for Wii U when it was still on Unity. I'm shocked it's still alive

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Xbox One but no Series X? (yeah I know about backwards compatibility blah blah blah but in this case, why make a PS5 version then, same stuff)

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly with both consoles leaning heavily into timed exclusives I'm really getting the feeling that neither of them were really "ready" for launch, and the effects of the pandemic have only exacerbated that.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Honestly with both consoles leaning heavily into timed exclusives I'm really getting the feeling that neither of them were really "ready" for launch, and the effects of the pandemic have only exacerbated that.
Here is my take.

Console 3rd party exclusives are becoming more rare and rare. I mean true 3rd party exclusives like say Titanfall on 360. Never released for ps3.

So the only thing Sony and MS can do is pay for time exclusivity (3-6 months) to get some leverage on the console space. Often not these console exclusives will still launch with a pc version.

So right now I am not surprised that we will see we saw on the PS5 reveal and the recent Xbox showcase come to competing systems. (STALKER 2 is another example. It will release on ps5 eventually but its launch exclusive to XSX/PC)

Games are becoming more expensive and it will become more difficult to only provide them on 1 console.

I think its awesome Little Devil Inside is coming to xbox and Switch. From day 1 loved the concept.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Here is my take.

Console 3rd party exclusives are becoming more rare and rare. I mean true 3rd party exclusives like say Titanfall on 360. Never released for ps3.

So the only thing Sony and MS can do is pay for time exclusivity (3-6 months) to get some leverage on the console space. Often not these console exclusives will still launch with a pc version.

So right now I am not surprised that we will see we saw on the PS5 reveal and the recent Xbox showcase come to competing systems. (STALKER 2 is another example. It will release on ps5 eventually but its launch exclusive to XSX/PC)

Games are becoming more expensive and it will become more difficult to only provide them on 1 console.

I think its awesome Little Devil Inside is coming to xbox and Switch. From day 1 loved the concept.
Yea PS website clarified that time exclusives ranges from few months to couple of years depending on the title after the ps5 showcase.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Good to see confirmation. Still gross to see Sony moneyhatting a kickstarter like this though.

Xbox One but no Series X? (yeah I know about backwards compatibility blah blah blah but in this case, why make a PS5 version then, same stuff)
By the time it comes it'll probably get a native XSX release too.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
This was the game that got kickstarter funded to be on all platforms (including the wii u) and then decided after getting the money to be a timed exclusive right. Thought there was some controversy with their kickstarter supporters, did that get solved?

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017

Little Devil Inside

Website states PS4/PS5/XONE/Switch

That's cool!

We already knew this from the Kickstarter years ago, and the more recent updates from the post PS5 announcement (no confirmation of XSX / WiiU changed to Switch suggested previously).

They also confirm PS5 and PC are the planned launch platforms. Everything else is after the exclusivity period

www.kickstarter.com

Update 45: An announcement! · Little Devil Inside

Dear backers, We are pleased to announce that Little Devil Inside will be coming to the PlayStation 5 (PS5) System. The development support partnership became a reality after a long period of discussions and we thank everyone at SIE and all those involved for making this happen. With their...
www.kickstarter.com

Update 46: Platform Announcement · Little Devil Inside

Dear backers, Thank you all for your support and comments in response to LDI being included in the PlaySation PS5 Reveal Event yesterday. We are being flooded with inquiries and will take care and effort to address all situations without affecting the rest of development. For obvious reasons...

With the partnership in place with PlayStation, Little Devil Inside will be coming to the PlayStation 5 Systems (PS5) as a PlayStation "Timed" Exclusive title which means that the game will be available only on PS5 and no other consoles for a limited time, after which, it will be available on other consoles. Unfortunately, we are not able to disclose the actual term of the exclusivity yet.

As many of you know, we originally hoped for an all platform, concurrent release but for many reasons which we learned the hard way, this just was not possible.

We have also received direct inquiries where many of you are confused about how this affects the release for PC. This move DOES NOT affect our plans to release for PC and we will do our very best to release for PC at the same time as PS5.

So to clarify, a release for PS5/PS4 and PC is our top priority with other console platforms to follow after the exclusivity period expires.

We will be announcing further plans and details as they become unlocked.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like this concept of publishers swooping in to make exclusivity deals for Kickstarter which were already announced as multiplatform. We still have no idea how long this period is

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Wait, did they cancel the Wii U version?!?!

Why would they still release it on the Wii U in 2020?

I think it should be required rule on kickstarter that for all platforms but PC you have to indicate that it's not guarantreed. Simply because development takes time and consoles get discontinued.

Oct 25, 2017

Timed exclusives are something that platform holders see as an advantage. They are also relatively cost effective. They are going to happen regardless of how "ready" anyone feels for launch.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
I just rewatched the latest trailer for this and was quite sad to see the comment section filled with people begging the developers to not change the racist charictures in the game. Why are people like this, man? I'm glad the developers are decent and not kowtowing to bigots like the developers of Ion Fury.

Son_of_Oden

Feb 27, 2020
I just got a new video from Little Devil Inside recommended on YT and it seems to be a supercut of all the videos that have been released.
Still really intrigued by the game and this video peaked my interest even more becaus it shows a lot of different gameplay apsects that I haven't been aware of yet. (survival, mounts, vehicles, combat, exploration)

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I still am impressed with the scope and the animations. It looks like a very varied adventure. A lot of that footage I hadn't seen before.

The UI and protagonist size compared to the world, can't help but be reminded of Below.

I hope they keep the speedometer for the donkey, that's a cute touch!