• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I didn't see any threads on the milestones for these games so I'll post it now.

Little Nightmares -- an IP developed by Tarsier Studios but owned by Bandai Namco -- surpassed two million units sold, with a sequel due this year.

This year will be good if only because Bandai Namco will be distributing CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077. But one project that has been particularly interesting to follow, as a way for Bandai Namco to establish a new brand for Western markets, is its partnership with Supermassive Games on the Dark Pictures Anthology.

The first volume in the horror series, Man of Medan, just reached one million units sold, ahead of its Xbox Game Pass launch. The second installment will be Little Hope, due to release this October.

That's pretty amazing for new I.P.s

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Surprised by Man of Medan -- my impression was it was kind of a flop. Hopefully this means bigger budgets for future Dark Pictures games.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man of Medan was a ridiculously mediocre game, so this is shocking to me. I guess it was heavily discounted upon release.

Oct 2, 2018
I bought MOM on sale and it was just meh. After how awesome until dawn is.

little hope... I won't be buying til there's a sale. Hopefully it'll be better

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Seconding the "Where's Little Nightmares 2" posts. I drafted it in Fantasy Critic, if it was delayed to 2021 Bandai Namco should just come out and say so and let me swap it out for something else.

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Bandai Namco is after acquisitions too, from the same article:

"And last but not least, we're also looking for full acquisitions when it makes sense, and maybe we will also consider one day creating our own studio. So we have the full scope of collaboration from work-for-hire up to full acquisition, and we have projects and discussions in each and every of these areas. But, yes, there are less and less independent [studios] -- it's a problem for us, but it's been [noted] and we have an action plan."

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Surprised by Man of Medan -- my impression was it was kind of a flop. Hopefully this means bigger budgets for future Dark Pictures games.
Man of Medan was a ridiculously mediocre game, so this is shocking to me. I guess it was heavily discounted upon release.

Man of Medan actually did pretty well on the charts its initial launch month iirc, and it was only $30 at release. The exception was that it had done pretty well, so not sure where the idea is that it was a flop.

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Curious to see how Little Hope does with Men of Medans reception. I think it and Until Dawn have strong casual appeal but Medan was a huge step down in quality.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
Man of Medan was a terrible game in both design and execution, but the potential is definitely there. As frustrating as it was, I'm glad the game was a success so the team can keep going and get better.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019

it is a mediocre game (among a few other things, the change of game engines was disastrous), but there're lots of people, like me, that loved until dawn & wanted to support the developer, so i'm not really surprised it's done well. now i'm just hoping they can get it back together for the next one...

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Man I bought Little Nightmares months ago and still haven't fired it up yet. Really should do that heard great things.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I had a lot of fun playing Man of Medan with a friend, but I would never play it by myself. Hope the sequel is far superior.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man of Medan is too short for this genre imo. It is over right as it feels it just started.

Also some of the choices are just terrible.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
I'm stunned so many people bought Man of Medan. Seemed like an utterly unremarkable game.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
Interesting that so many people here didn't like Man of Medan. I really enjoyed it, played it in every way possible (single player, local multiplayer, online multiplayer) and have played it for over 23 hours. I prefer it that Until Dawn.

Same for me, I'm happy for them.