• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
EO0UpnMWAAE8NPq

(I know this is the PS4 version by the other peeps but the point still stands)

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
You all got me SO excited that Pocket Card Jockey was on iOS, but I couldn't find it, and turns out they pulled it down before the 3DS version.

I didn't expect so much disappointment coming into this thread.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game Freak said they were working on games that would surpass Pokémon in popularity so they must really want this game to take off

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol @ this clickbait headline:

How you gonna do HarmoKnight dirty like that??
Have you not played Drill Dozer?!
see
i should have said non-nintendo published, non-pokemon game from game freak made in the last two decades.
drill dozer and harmoknight are good

Are you saying their Pokemon games are worth picking up?
i mean, they are for millions of people. and i'm not saying they're amazing games, but GF's last couple of non pokemon games have been kinda drinkers (this, giga wrecker)

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was Switch exclusive, being made by Game Freak and all.

I would've been excited if it wasn't such a bad game judging by the reviews and impressions, so..... yea.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I thought this was Switch exclusive, being made by Game Freak and all.

I would've been excited if it wasn't such a bad game judging by the reviews and impressions, so..... yea.
Gamefreak doesn't care

I don't think Tembo the Badass Elephant ever released on a Nintendo platform actually

They are only tied down to Nintendo exclusivity for Pokemon games

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Game Freak said they were working on games that would surpass Pokémon in popularity so they must really want this game to take off
they've said that? that is statistically and realistically impossible
I don't think they said anything about popularity. They said they wanted to create something more "exciting" (Source).

Either way Pokemon is their only truly successful venture and it's largely thanks to its great formula, a formula their publisher guided them towards. Their original pitch for Pokemon was not very exciting, to say the least.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they said anything about popularity. They said they wanted to create something more "exciting" (Source).

Either way Pokemon is their only truly successful venture and it's largely thanks to its great formula, a formula their publisher guided them towards. Their original pitch for Pokemon was not very exciting, to say the least.
Yeah, that! Either way, I don't think it's going to happen no matter what they release.

Oct 26, 2017
whether it is or isn't, that's not a fight Game Freak can win. they might own a third of Pokemon, but Nintendo owns all the trademarks. and GF has nothing else to their name. like it or not, they need Nintendo
Yep and it seems they don't like it, hence strained. But it certainly also seems like they've benefited a lot from Nintendo's help too, so I'm not sure why they're so eager to look for success elsewhere.
Perhaps they're tired of making Pokemon.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
You all got me SO excited that Pocket Card Jockey was on iOS, but I couldn't find it, and turns out they pulled it down before the 3DS version.

I didn't expect so much disappointment coming into this thread.
Oh God, I did the exact same thing a few minutes ago because I had no idea that used to be on iOS. So yeah... disappointed.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
I remember when people were moaning about Sword and Shield and there was a conspiracy theory that they were working more on this game than Pokemon. Good times !

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep and it seems they don't like it, hence strained. But it certainly also seems like they've benefited a lot from Nintendo's help too, so I'm not sure why they're so eager to look for success elsewhere.
Perhaps they're tired of making Pokemon.
I get why. that's the reason they started putting out more games. but I think their own size (and lack of desire to grow) is putting a damper on their self-publishing ambitions. they simply don't have the bandwidth to do multiple pokemon games, DLC for those games, and their own titles at the size they are