• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Via Gematsu: https://gematsu.com/2018/01/little-witch-academia-chamber-time-launches-february-20-americas-europe
Source: https://blog.de.playstation.com/201...macht-2018-zu-einem-guten-jahr-fr-anime-fans/

Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time will launch for PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation Store and PC via Steam on February 20 in the Americas and Europe, Bandai Namco announced.

Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time is a heart-pounding 3D action JRPG beat 'em up featuring an original storyline carved from the popular anime series by Studio Trigger, a Tokyo-based anime production company; now streaming exclusively on Netflix.

Having been inspired by a famous witch named Shiny Chariot, an ordinary girl named Atsuko "Akko" Kagari enrolls at Luna Nova Magical Academy — a prestigious school for young girls training to become witches. The school will change Akko life and she will meet new friends that will be part of her life and adventure. While the summer holidays are approaching the witches face an inexplicable phenomenon in the Luna Nova caused by seven wonders which has been passed down for several centuries. This will lead them to an adventure to unravel the seven wonders and that will change their lives.

Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time features main characters from the show and original storylines for players to explore as they make their way through Luna Nova Magical Academy. Magic, friendship, adventure and mystery will be the elements of this brand new JRPG.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/01/little-...bruary-20-americas-europe#h1belJyRzpesfiVs.99

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
How were the impressions of the Japanese version? Totally missed seeing them, if there were any.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
It seems they put a lot of effort in the presentation but so much not in the gameplay.
I loved the anime (well the first half, the "serious" second half was not that good) , so I'm mildly interested in playing it.
It has playable Sucy, so they nailed the most important aspect.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
It certainly looks fantastic. Why can't all Anime-style-RPGs nowadays look like this (or Ni No Kuni). I hope the next Tales of-game looks like this.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Is there really no English physical copy in any region? Really disappointing if so but I'll still buy it.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Haven't seen a tremendous amount of gameplay, and I'm worried it might be a little bland... but I'm probably in for this shortly after launch. Hadn't realized it's so close though. Man there's a lot coming out.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend is HYPED for this game. I'll probably play it too, never watched the anime but it looks pretty cool.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I asked about this earlier. Couldn't find anything posted here. My go-to in that case is generally the Gamefaqs board for the game. Yeah, I know. The consensus seemed to be that it's for fans only.

Oh, I have this problema, I love the series but at the same time I don't consider myself a fan.

Is weird how LWA is for me, like, sometimes I feel like is the best anime ever, and others that is incredible generic and flat

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between this, SAO Fatal Bullet, and Girls Und Panzer, Feb. is gonna be a good month. :)

Seriously what is with the confluence of anime games in Feb? You even left out Virtual-On.

I have some misgivings about this game, I could see it being bad. But I want to give it a try regardless.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In day one, don't care how trash the actual gameplay is. I'm getting this for the cute witches and supporting the series

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No physical?

Good thing I have my Japanese LE on the shelf I can lovingly stare at.

j2vOl00.gif
Gu9D2j5.gif
5WuAxqr.gif

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Given this is a Bamco-published anime game (that's not developed by a high profile studio), I'll eat crow if it turns out good.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So anyone bought the japanese version? How was the gameplay? Similar to dragon crown?
There's a demo on the JP Playstation Store, but most impressions say that it's pretty bad on everything that isn't the presentation and fanservice. But hey, I'm reading to drop that cash for it (as long as it's not, like 40 bucks or anything) since it's supposed to be like an extended episode of the first half.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cautiously optimistic, but I might wait for some impressions first. Graphics look very nice at least.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Everything I've heard about this said that, aside from the visuals, it's total ass. I'm gonna wait and see.

Oct 27, 2017
I've no earthly idea what Little Witch Academia is but it looks pretty decent. Might give it a go when the release schedule goes quiet.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've no earthly idea what Little Witch Academia is but it looks pretty decent. Might give it a go when the release schedule goes quiet.
good wholesome anime. and I'm not being sarcastic. it's a good little romp for those lapsed on anime or just tired of constant tits and ass. though it's a bit derivative (of Harry Potter/Hogwarts), it nails its execution

*note I've only seen the original short, but I heard the second short and tv series are similar in this regard

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
good wholesome anime. and I'm not being sarcastic. it's a good little romp for those lapsed on anime or just tired of constant tits and ass. though it's a bit derivative (of Harry Potter/Hogwarts), it nails its execution

*note I've only seen the original short, but I heard the second short and tv series are similar in this regard
Yeah, I don't really remember any fanservice from the TV anime or the second movie.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I'm super interested. Maybe this will get me into watching this show.

Doesn't seem like a full priced title.

FantasyZone

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's worth it for the story and animation cause I've yet to hear anything good about the game. Only buying because I love LWA.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
from what ive heard, they spent all their resources on emulating the visual style of CC2, and Arc system works, but everything else is comparatively mediocre

Very unfortunate cause the anime is pretty decent

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
If you have Netflix check out the show, I doubt you would get much enjoyment out of the game without it because it probably assumes you know the source material.
I tried a few times, but anime doesn't hold my interest lately. I'd still like to know what it's about though, the game would be a perfect platform for this and hopefully will be able to get in on the fun.

from what ive heard, they spent all their resources on emulating the visual style of CC2, and Arc system works, but everything else is comparatively mediocre

Very unfortunate cause the anime is pretty decent
I can still find some enjoyment out of license games, like Korra. Let's hope that's the case.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never watched this show before but this game looks really neat....

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I'll pick it up. I'm guessing the Giant Mecha DLC isn't making it over?

Might pick up the new ps4 GuP game instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.