• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
LittleBigPlanet sequel made entirely inside Dreams.

Edit: Dreams' single-player story starring Sackboy exploring his dreams.
BOOM.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
That seems odd considering Dreams is basically LBP taken to it's natural extreme and made by the LBP developers.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
That LBP game that was canceled revived? If not then a spin off like a karting game maybe?

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'd be welcoming of a new LBP with better servers and more licensed content. I don't think the series deserves to die with LBP3.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I'd buy it. I mean, LBP might be dead in some peoples eyes, but as the MEGATON it was during 1 & 2, I just can't see them showing it to the side just because of one failure.
Take the game in a whole new directions, release it with stable servers and not a totally buggy mess and I believe you have a hit on your hands. I mean, between Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us 2, Death Stranding, Days Gone, Medievil and Dreams. LBP4 would fit in very well - even karting, hub or something would be awesome. (PS5 launch lol!!!!!!)

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any non-MM LBP game has been a failure, and with MM still working on Dreams, I can't say I have much faith.

Jun 26, 2018
I'm guessing this is just about the LBP-like level someone on the team made in their new game Dreams. I believe they've mentioned on their Halloween stream that they were gonna showcase it soon.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Double down on cute platforming and toss some of the extra stuff. It became way too much to remember for casual play. Leave the multiple mechanics for people to take advantage of in their custom worlds.

There was a indie yarn platformer game that played a bit like a mix of LBP1 and Ristar that was so compelling I finished it in one sitting and beat it again later that week - I just cannot remember the name of it. I kept playing it thinking it was exactly what I hoped a LBP game would be.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
My bet: LBP related to Dreams somehow.
We are in the middle of a Dreams 'pr run' with the recent Game Informer cover story and with the Beta being hinted for the end of the year.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
Double down on cute platforming and toss some of the extra stuff. It became way too much to remember for casual play. Leave the multiple mechanics for people to take advantage of in their custom worlds.

There was a indie yarn platformer game that played a bit like a mix of LBP1 and Ristar that was so compelling I finished it in one sitting and beat it again later that week - I just cannot remember the name of it. I kept playing it thinking it was exactly what I hoped a LBP game would be.
Imagine you mean Unravel.. It got a sequel this year.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Aren't they doing a LittleBigPlanet-themed Dreams stream this week? Could be a misunderstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.