• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler: he's getting confirmed.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Time to watch more of my country's famous checks and balances crumble. I have little faith a majority will try and stop this guy.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Shouldn't even be having this discussion.

Fuck Mitch McConnell into the ground.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Gotta cram that nominee through before the election, or even before people can review his writings, eh McConnell?

Funny how important prompt filling of a seat is when it's your party that makes the pick.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure we'll hear very strong words from Pelosi and Schumer, but then nothing will happen that won't benefit the GOP.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
This is the most contentious hearing I've ever seen

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
160810170554-trump-quote-tweleve-second-amendment-super-169.jpg

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Why are Democrats calling for adjourn when they know they will lose the vote? 11 GOP vs 10 Dems.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
It's all a show.

He's 100% confirmed.

Hate to say it, but this is right. If they had a path to flipping two Republicans to stop it, they'd be keeping their heads down, as polite as possible to keep from alienating them. Going hard means they're more interested now in showing the base that they fought than actually winning. Which, hey, if Collins and Murkowski are that committed to holding the party line, then fuck it, might as well make as much noise as possible.

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Remember, as you're watching this play out:

You feel powerless and despondent because that's what the Republican Party wants you to feel, just as they handicap and starve education because they want you and your children to be stupid— all so that you are easier to control. It is so important not to lose all hope and abandon attempts to make this country better.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
100,000 pages sealed from the public. Not even congress gets a view of them.

Fucking shameful.

Last edited:

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all keep blaming McConnell for manufacturing this.

I keep blaming the Bernie and Obama supporters who couldn't hold their noses and vote for Clinton. It was bigger than you guys, you were blind, and you blew it. Say what you want about the racist GOP but they were smart enough to rally behind their piece of shit. Now they get two justices.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I hope the Libertarians realize this guy wants to give even more power to the President by removing key oversight from Congress and the Supreme Court, stating that sitting Presidents should be exempt from indictments and prosecution and going as far to say the hiring of a special counsel for Nixon was wrong.
They won't

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Democrats should be making this a shit show right now. But so far watching Feinstein and Booker acting all cordial has me titled pretty hard

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm tapping out on this for my own mental health. I'm going to spend the week fundraising for dem candidates instead so my rage isnt impotent. Best of luck folks, if the GOP somehow fuck up message me.

image.gif

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
This guy is getting a lifelong judicial appointment for no other reason than to be Trump's insurance against being indicted or subpoenaed while in office.

It's fucking insane.

Caja 117

Oct 25, 2017

I keep blaming the Bernie and Obama supporters who couldn't hold their noses and vote for Clinton. It was bigger than you guys, you were blind, and you blew it. Say what you want about the racist GOP but they were smart enough to rally behind their piece of shit. Now they get two justices.

Well, lets hope RBG stay healthy and hold the fort.

Oct 27, 2017
McConnell didn't really want this. But he knows the judiciary committee will take the brunt of it.

EDIT: You can tell because Cornyn has to come up with his own talking points, like "mob rule".

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017

Come on son Clinton won the popular vote but ignored key Battle ground states. This is 10% on her and 90% on the unintelligent electorate that voted for Trump.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
This Texas sen... says the man of a party who completely blocked Obama's supreme court nomination