• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has a fistfight ever broke out in Congress? I see clips of foreign legislatures where this happens. If the Dems aren't scrappin for you that means that don't have a dog in your fight. Pelosi, Schumer'nem will weep for you Democratic voters, who will be screwed over for decades to comes, in their $100 tissue bills.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_of_Charles_Sumner

A pro-slavery Senator almost caned an abolitionist Senator to death.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has a fistfight ever broke out in Congress? I see clips of foreign legislatures where this happens. If the Dems aren't scrappin for you that means they don't have a dog in your fight. Pelosi, Schumer'nem will weep for you Democratic voters, who will be screwed over for decades to comes, in their $100 tissue bills.
5 years before the civil war there was a caning. It's seen of one of the first signs leading to the war:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_of_Charles_Sumner

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
What, specifically, should they do? You haven't answered that. They literally have no power.
The fact that you require me to answer that in order to even entertain the notion is a symptom of the problem. I've provided an abundantly clear indication of what the problem is, and you want to reduce it to "but what specific action could they take in this exact moment to fix the issue?"

It's not that simple. Not by a long shot.

Ludovico

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
In terms of cryptofascism the hand signal is a leap. Laura Ingraham doing a Nazi salute at a convention with cameras on her as a wink and a nod is one thing, but an assistant doing it behind him during his already tenuous hearing isn't doing anyone any favors, even if it was a signal to the far right. It's JayZ illuminati levels of stretch lol.

Him not shaking the hand of that Parkville father, that's a pretty blatant message about who owns him though.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Y'all see what happens when this nonsense is taken seriously?

We start analyzing shit like its the zapruder film and we're looking for the second shooter. She's just resting her arms, move on and stop following twitter reactionaries.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you require me to answer that in order to even entertain the notion is a symptom of the problem. I've provided an abundantly clear indication of what the problem is, and you want to reduce it to "but what specific action could they take in this exact moment to fix the issue?"

The problem is that they don't have power. If you want them to yell and shout and stomp out even though it won't stop the proceedings than say that but also admit that it won't do anything

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I want this to just be a coincidence? Somehow I don't think it is. I know that this is just some potential dumb conspiracy shit but at the same time who the fuck rests their hands like that?

I do something similar when I fidget quite frequently, I rub my thumb nail or scratch at the skin around the nail and I've never intentionally made a white power gesture. I really doubt that this is anything sinister.

GrooveCommand

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Here is a video:

That... seems strange. Not sure if this is something that can happen accidentally...

Eh, if I'm sitting in one room, on camera for 8 hours, I'd probably have my limbs in all sorts of odd positions. This is some Illuminati handshake stuff.

I'd rather argue against Kavanaugh based on his record, which is definitely a white, Christian, corporate agenda.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

So, you're full of shit. Got it.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Her grandparents literally had to flee Nazi Germany because they were Jewish, stop this nonsense.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/09/zina-bash/
So did Stephen Miller's family, yet here we are.

Edit:

Also from the article,

2. Bash Worked in Immigration Policy for the Trump White House

The profile of Bash in The Hill lists her job as working on the Domestic Policy Council. A year later, Bash was named as the senior counsel to Texas Attorney General, Ken Paxton. The press release announcing her appointment referred to her job in the White House as "Special Assistant to the President for regulatory reform, legal and immigration policy."

Another person from immigrant ancestry going after immigrants, just like Miller.

Last edited:

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all keep blaming McConnell for manufacturing this.

I keep blaming the Bernie and Obama supporters who couldn't hold their noses and vote for Clinton. It was bigger than you guys, you were blind, and you blew it. Say what you want about the racist GOP but they were smart enough to rally behind their piece of shit. Now they get two justices.

Are you serious.jpg.

Bernie supporters voted for Hillary in way higher numbers than Hillary ones did for Obama. Get out of here with blaming the left when it's Hillary's fault for not campaigning where she should have.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Good judges must always stand in the shoes of others"

What horeshit. We know you don't give a shit about minorities.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ, some of you have been broken. There are enough real shittiness today and no need to invent any of this shit. Looking absolutely insane.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Why would he do this? What has the father done to deserve partisan ire? Much less, what has he done for Kavanaugh to behave in such a way in front of all the cameras?

It's weird for the father to just approach him during his SC hearing and introduce himself like that, but at the same time, maybe don't be a trash person Kavanugh and just shake his hand and be on with your business?

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Just tried it myself. Doesn't seem forced, I can tell that much. Pinky under arm, thumb not touching pointer finger. It's nothing lol
Really good shot tho

Yeah I watched the video again, probably just an unfortunate coincidence.

Eh, if I'm sitting in one room, on camera for 8 hours, I'd probably have my limbs in all sorts of odd positions. This is some Illuminati handshake stuff.

I'd rather argue against Kavanaugh based on his record, which is definitely a white, Christian, corporate agenda.

Yep, not much use in seeking for "hidden signs" when a guy like him is sitting there.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is a waste of time, right? The confirmation is inevitable.

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't give a fuck about your kids or that you coach. You're a God damned future justice.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For starters they can stop prioritizing their "civility" obsessed conscience over the well being of their constituents. Watching democrat leaders roll over for Republicans because they're afraid of finger wagging is utterly pathetic.
Okay, so do you have any particular actions in mind? Like, what are you talking about when you say "roll over for Republicans"? What does this have to do with Kavanaugh and this thread specifically cause it sounds like you're bringing unrelated (not necessarily invalid, but unrelated and off-topic) grievances into this?

The question remains, which you haven't answered and just been coy about this: what, in regards to Kavanaugh specifically should Democrats be doing differently giving they only have 49 Senators?

How, in regards to Kavanaugh in particular, given they only have 49 Senators, at they not using everything in their power to stop his nomination? Since that was your original claim--that it's "fucking bonkers" to say that their doing everything in their power apparently. That was your claim (see: https://www.resetera.com/goto/post?id=12244587#post-12244587). So what specifically should they be doing in regards to Kavanaugh that they aren't?

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not here to change your mind. Please move on.
Naw, man. You posted multiple times about the failings of the Democrats and that they should drop civility as if that will have an effect here. I'm free to ask you to explain what exactly they should do to not leave their constituents behind, when they have no power in government right now.
Or are you demanding civility from me?
If simply asking you to explain your ridiculous post is wrong, mods can ban me. But I'm not the only one who has called you out, and rightly so.

Oct 28, 2017
It's weird for the father to just approach him during his SC hearing and introduce himself like that, but at the same time, maybe don't be a trash person Kavanugh and just shake his hand and be on with your business?

But I don't understand why he'd turn his back on him, regardless of who he is. Isn't the natural reaction to offer your hand in return when someone makes that gesture? What about him did Kavanugh despise

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Your viewpoint is incredibly narrow if you feel the need to characterize resistance as tantrum throwing.
No I'm asking you what resistance looks like. What would be effective? What would change the proceedings? Is it getting angry on camera? Because sure maybe they should do that but do you think it will work?

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much overlap there is between people just outright dismissing the White Power hand sign possibility and the people who refused to believe the 14 Words headline and subsequent editorial that happened a couple months ago.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But I don't understand why he'd turn his back on him, regardless of who he is. Isn't the natural reaction to offer your hand in return when someone makes that gesture? What about him did Kavanugh despise

I think his immediate reaction is "Ummm does this guy want to make me look bad on national television? I don't know, I'm out"

blinky

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think his immediate reaction is "Ummm does this guy want to make me look bad on national television? I don't know, I'm out"
That's how I took it too. Of course, the result is that he looked bad on national television, but I get why he just turned around and walked off.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the "OK" hand sign being a white supremacist symbol trolling by 4Chan to see how many news sites they could get to report on it?
The OK thing does have a history, ironically yes as like a chan/reddit op to make the OK symbol into a white supremacist thing so they could signal in photos with plausible deniability. And it worked, to the extent that some of them now do it

Was this woman doing it? Probably not