• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Should start in a few minutes. A few live streaming links:

Senate
WSJ
Wired
CBS news
Verge - blog updates

Link.

Zuckerberg will spend two days answering lawmakers' questions about the powerful social network he helped create more than a decade ago, and whether the company is doing enough to protect users' privacy.

It's the first time Zuckerberg will personally sit for questions from Congress, instead of sending a deputy.

Zuckerberg is set to testify in Washington on Tuesday and Wednesday.

He'll appear at a joint hearing conducted by the Senate Judiciary and Commerce committees on Tuesday, starting at 2:15 p.m. ET. The Facebook CEO will then testify in front of the House Energy and Commerce Committee on Wednesday, beginning at 10 a.m. ET.

The hearings were scheduled to address Facebook's use and protection of user data in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica scandal.

Last edited:

Hank Hill

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 25, 2017
Will he morph into his true form, lizard form and run if shit hits the fan?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Man, remember Facebook came out and it was looked at as just another MySpace? And that it would be replaced in a few years just like it replaced MySpace?

And here we are today.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will he morph into his true form, lizard form and run if shit hits the fan?
giphy.gif

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
In my opinion, I signed up for FB and put my info out there. Why aren't there hearings for the Equifax breach...no one is talking about that one anymore. That breach had social security numbers, phone numbers, birth dates, etc...far more of an issue than this FB stuff. I didn't give equifax any permission to have that data.

n3ss

Nov 16, 2017
In my opinion, I signed up for FB and put my info out there. Why aren't there hearings for the Equifax breach...no one is talking about that one anymore. That breach had social security numbers, phone numbers, birth dates, etc...far more of an issue than this FB stuff. I didn't give equifax any permission to have that data.

So much this.

cwmartin

Oct 27, 2017

Did a foreign government use your equifax data to manipulate public perception of a domestic election, potentially having drastic consequences we haven't been able to identify yet?

That's why congress cares about this.

n3ss

Nov 16, 2017
Did a foreign government use your equifax data to manipulate public perception of a domestic election, potentially having drastic consequences we haven't been able to identify yet?

Actually, if they wanted to they could use that data for ad targeting... So, maybe? We have no idea what the implications of that breach has or will have.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017

Congress doesn't care about the Equifax stuff because it was swept under the rug. That was over 100 million Americans! That's a lot of data that could be used improperly. I gave permissions to facebook and understand that it's probably going to be scraped. I didn't give Equifax any permissions to have all of my personal data.

Captain Goodnight

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he looks like hes seen a ghost

That dead eyed expression... he's had a rough few weeks. Fuck him.

He looks tranq'd up to all get out.

Dude probably hasn't slept. He looks like shit.

Isn't this his usual look??? I swear that I've never seen him look any differently.

He's always been a just-seen-a-ghost, dead-eyed, tranq'd up, looks-like-shit dude.

Today he's a just-seen-a-ghost,, dead-eyed, tranq'd up, looks-like-shit dude in a suit.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How did this emotionless zombie piece of shit ever think he'd be able to make a serious run for President? Obviously Trump sets a low bar, but Zuckerberg is a black hole of charisma.

cwmartin

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, if they wanted to they could use that data for ad targeting... So, maybe? We have no idea what the implications of that breach has or will have.

Actually, we already know the data Cambridge Analytics obtained was done for this very purpose, so this is very important, even if you don't want it to be.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Are they just going to recap the news of the past month or are they actually going to question him?

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

They're also using this as an opportunity to question Zuckerberg about Russia's use of Facebook to spread misinformation and manipulate voters during the 2016 election - which was kind of a huge deal.