BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Brendan Fraser, Geena Davis, etc -

Actors who aren't getting high profile roles like they once did.

Brendan Fraser went from box office clean cut star to DirecTV channel 239 (literally, that's what the background says):
brendan-fraser.jpg

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Brendan Fraser's reasons are totally because he was abused by someone in hollywood etc.

The actor said that the incident made him reclusive and he retreated from public life. He questioned if the HFPA blacklisted him as a result, since he was rarely invited back to the Golden Globes, which the HFPA runs, after 2003. He believes it's partly why his career derailed, and said "The phone does stop ringing in your career, and you start asking yourself why. There's many reasons, but was this one of them? I think it was."

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/...-president-sexually-assaulted-him-1202707850/

more context

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Whately. Haven't seen owt of him since Lewis finished.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Brendan Fraser's reasons are totally because he was abused by someone in hollywood etc.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/...-president-sexually-assaulted-him-1202707850/

more context

When you look at all the people who've been accused of sexual harrasment and those that are the victims, I legit wonder how many more victims careers ended because of this.

Peter Jackson even said he was told not to hire certain actresses and he didn't think twice to ask about it.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
When you look at all the people who've been accused of sexual harrasment and those that are the victims, I legit wonder how many more victims careers ended because of this.

Peter Jackson even said he ass told not to hire certain actresses and he didn't think twice to ask about it.
YUP. im sure many have been shunned or blacklisted because of incidents, I mean look at weinstein as prolific as he was, im sure there are others just as powerful in hollywood he put bugs in studio execs ears just to do so.

Nothus

Oct 26, 2017
Lucy Liu, Alicia Silverstone and John Leguizamo come to mind

Alicia Silverstone probably cut back on acting after she became a mother, but the last film I saw her in was The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017) so she's still doing some stuff. It wasn't a big part, but she looked as stunning as ever.

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
after Weinstein and metoo, I am a lot more suspicious as to why a lot of promising careers died....I just assume most--women especially--just refused some asshole's sexual advances and poof.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Chris O Donnel, Batman and robin seemed to fuck his career.

Mike Myers after people realised Austin powers was the only decent thing he was a capable of.

Elizabeth Berkley never recovered after showgirl

Clockwork

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wisconsin
These threads are the best because people like to name actors that are still very much active but may just not be as big as they used to be.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Is she? I haven't heard her name in years (not that I pay a lot of attention mind). I know her career nosedived after Catwoman.

Like I said, it's not as white hot but she does well. Over the past 5 years she's starred in The Call (did very well), Kidnap (underperformed), and Kings (never heard of it but co-stars with Daniel Craig and apparently it sucks).

She's had non-starring roles in Kingsmen: The Golden Circle and Days of Future Past.

She's co-starring in John Wick 3 next year. Contraction doesn't mean death.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are we counting tv actors? Because half of the main seinfeld cast never seemed to find much more success outside of seinfeld. Hell the Kramer actor straight up ruined any chance at a career with his racist rant.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of stars who come to mind have simply transitioned to television, but that being said...

Lindsay Lohan

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think that's on par with the megastar she was in the early 2000s though

Again, contraction doesn't mean death. Eminem isn't nearly as big as he once was but still one of the biggest rappers out. She's done mostly voice work and Netflix stuff recently but she also directs. Lucy Liu does very well.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Lucy Liu, Alicia Silverstone and John Leguizamo come to mind
Batman & Robin derailed Silverstone who'd been a rising star at the time. Don't think she ever quite recovered.

Liu isn't in a lot of big movies anymore but she's done the Elementary TV show for years. A steady TV gig can be just as healthy.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
Jessica Biel. No idea what happened. I thought she was one of the actresses that was gonna get a push from the movie industry like Scarjo.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Geena Davis was just in the Exorcist TV show.

Katherine Heigl went from starring in movies like Knocked Up to NyQuil and kitty litter commercials, to failed TV shows. Although I think she is being brought in during the next season of Suits.